"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Need something to expand on

R3N3G4D3

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 21, 2003
Messages
141
Reaction score
0
Age
40
I can't start a conversation that lasts. And sometimes I just don't know how to fit in what I want to ask a girl in a conversation. I'm sure my smile and eye contact are fine, because many girls (3 or 5 just today, actually) say hi to me first and/or smile when I make eye contact. the problem is, I don't know what to do from there. On the street I ask girls for directions, but just don't know how to proceed from there, I don't know what to say to get them to start talking as opposed to blurting out 1 word answers.

For example, in math class today I sat next to a HB and asked her about the homework (because I didn't do it yet) , if it was hard, if she's ready for the test tomorrow, etc. She seemed friendly, and answered everything I asked, but everytime I had to be the one to initiate, and ask her somethign to get her to talk. Come to think about it, she didn't talk to anyone at all in the class, aside from me asking her stuff. Then, after about 20 minutes, (I don't even know why I'm bringing this up) she puts one of her legs over another one so that her toe is facing directly at me, I heard that this was one of those "signs" that a girl is interested, but I also know that those signs are not very reliable. But for the rest of the class she just stared at the board with an annoyed look so I decided not to risk talking to her anymore in case she decides to take out her bad day on me.

Another example was in the library today, tweeder said that some girls go there not to study. So I decided to do my homework in the library. Was sitting there for a few hours (everyone seemed to be working). Then, just like tweeder said, a girl comes in, sits at a table, takes out her homework, then her cell phone and starts checking messages. Then she starts looking at the ceiling, then she starts reading the ingredients on the bag of chips she's eating. I'm telling you, everything tweeder said they could do to not do work, she was doing. But I just didn't know how I could for no reason stand up (while I have a my calculus book out with all my stuff around) and move to her and start talking to her for no reason.

Then, as I was walking up to the main desk I saw another hottie waiting to receive a package that arrived for her. I wasn't smiling or anything, just walked up casually as I looked at her, she smiled and said hi. The funny thing is that another guy walked up a few seconds later too, looking at her as well, but he had this sleepy look, and she just turned away instead of hi'ing him. I took this as a sign. So I'm thinking wtf to say, and I ask her "So, you're receiving a shipment too?", and of course she replied with the most unpredictable answer: "yes". So where the hell do I go from there? I couldn't figure out what to say to her anymore so the conversation died there (if it ever lived on the first place). I mean I could have asked her what's in the package, but what if it's like underwear or something, people feel uncomfortable talking about that.

The thing is I'm not afraid to approach, but I just can't start a convo. Even if I do figure out what to say initially I can't find that something else to expand on. Another problem is making a smooth transition to the part where I get her digits. And by smooth I don't mean "hi there, first time I see you around here, btw what's your phone number?"
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Beethoven

Don Juan
Joined
May 1, 2004
Messages
77
Reaction score
0
Location
England
Originally posted by R3N3G4D3
I mean I could have asked her what's in the package, but what if it's like underwear or something, people feel uncomfortable talking about that.
That's a perfect funny intro... Something along the lines of 'Another package huh? Expanding your naughty knickers collection again?' with a cheeky grin.

Now you can have a silly (but sexual) convo, and that'll relax you both, so other topics should come easier after that.
 

LuisGarcia10

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 9, 2004
Messages
310
Reaction score
9
Location
England
To be honest mate, I think you're putting too much thought into what you're saying.

Just let the conversation progress from the starting point, make something up if you have to.

For example:

"You've recieved a shipment today"

"Yep"

"Mine had stuff missing blah blah blah"

Then you can go onto talk about a whole load of other stuff surrounding it.

It's not that difficult and if you can just naturally allow the conversation to flow then it's not a problem.

I find the initial approaching tough but once that's over I can talk for ages, for example the other day whilst I was waiting for enrollment at College I spent 20 minutes talking to a random hot girl.
 

R3N3G4D3

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 21, 2003
Messages
141
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Man, now that girl in math class just scares me. She was staring at me as if I robbed her house today when I was walking to my seat. I dunno if she hates me or if she just can't smile. Now I see why people were afraid of me in high school, I never smiled either. I don't know, maybe I should try to talk to her again. The worst thing that might happen is she might take out a shotgun she hides in her back pack :rolleyes: . She seems friendly when she talks though.
 
Top