Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Need some opinions on how to handle this situation...

Hellshock

Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright, not going to waste any time with a drawn out intro, rather, I'll get straight to the point.

I've been in a LTR for the past seven months with a beautiful girl who I care a great deal about, and things have been going smoothly. However, recently, I've come to realize I'm interested in another girl who I somewhat know, and after spending some time with her and her friends, that interest has grown. The only problem with it all is? This girl has a boyfriend as well.

Last night I was talking to her (over MSN, might have been a mistake, maybe not) and I let her know I was interested in her. She thought I was joking at first, and then she told me she could see herself with me because I'm very good looking and fun, but she says she loves her bf.

Looking past that, I asked for her number, telling her I wanted to get to know her before they left (we go to an overpopulated school, so they are splitting our areas up, and her area is the one leaving), and she gave it to me, and told me I could call whenever I wanted.

Now, what I need to know is, how should I handle this from here? I know I could get this girl interested in me, and I want to do so, I'm just stuck as to what to do. Call her, ask her out, the usual I'd hope, but her having a boyfriend changes the rules a bit. Any ideas on how I should proceed would be appreciated greatly.

the lionheart

Don Juan
Reaction score
Proceed with caution, major caution. IMO yall can chill and stuff all ya want as long as it seems kind of platonic(sp?), even if both of you agree its not platonic anymore... Things could go awry if ya'll end up going to movie's (we all know what happens in movie theaters) or w/e and it's not like "Hey babe, lets go out to lunch" or to the beach or whatever.

I'd fish around in there so tee if girl#2 is really worth it. And if she was, you could play with her mind until she breaks up with her bf so you can drop yours and be on with it. If she's not, then you can be glad you still got ur #1.

Drug_L0rd

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
HAHA, go for it man. don't hesitate, who cares about the boy friend.

DX_Flyer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Worrying about boyfriend is only the 2nd half of the problem. How will u breakup with gf after a LTR? 7 months is a long time and im sure she'll be devastated if u breakup with her.

BRYCEicl

Don Juan
Reaction score
Be strait up.

I think it was good that you told her you were interested. You both have things in common. You are both in love with your partners, and you both are attracted to one another.

I think you should be strait up and tell her that you both love your partners very much but you both are interested in each other, so you two should do something about it.

Hey if things turn into **** in a handbasket you can always break up with your partners and go with each other. Ahahahahahaaaah.

Hellshock

Don Juan
Reaction score
PEACEDJ, give more contructive comments, because I've read both bibles over more than once. And I don't appreciate your typical 'tell him to read the bible so I can sound like a ****y master DJ who knows what he's talkig about', so from now on do me a favor and post helpful advice please. Not trying to flame you or anything, common sense.

Some interesting replies though, the person who said my current gf would be devestated is very correct, but I've put a lot of thought into this, and you only live once. Nothing in life is guaranteed but death, so live your life as best you can is the way I look at it.

I'm liking the suggestion of keeping things going, DJing her slightly, see if she distances herself from the bf and her interest level in me goes up more. This way if I choose so, I can end things with current gf and get with her or try and get something on the side (sounds harsh, I don't care, I'm sixteen), and if nothing comes about this, I still have the gf to fall back on. Win win situation if I play it right.

Only problem is making sure I play this right...I'm hoping to get some more replies about this from some more established board members, see what they think.

Lozz

Don Juan
Reaction score
A sticky situation. What your gonna need to do is get rid of your current girlfriend. If you dont like her then why are you with her? Staying with her longer will only hurt her feelings when you eventually break it off.

Now for the other girl, I suggest you try to get closer to her and take her mind off her boyfriend by being with you. You must then give her a dose of the bigger and better deal. Give her what her boyfriend can't. Give her excitement and romance, whatever it takes. I've done this before and it works a charm. If you get the chance to see her n her bf together observe the way they act and try to be different to him. It may take time but you will eventually encourage her to drift from her bf and into your arms. However you must do things right and use caution - I can't stress that enuff.

DX_Flyer

Don Juan
Reaction score
BTW hellshock, i would like to deserve some credit!!! lol, j/k. Seems you know exactly what to do, You seem to be 1 step ahead of my questions and such so I cannot help you any further, except to wish you good luck. :D

USSOCOM

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Your driving a bulldoser through a mine feild son, use caution.