Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Need improving convo skills

Guillain

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't get it, when I talk to a girl I often ask them 923852988 questions and they answer by 1 word answer and it gets me so pissed because I make complete and interesting sentences, and like after 10 minutes I don't know what to ask anymore because she's being so boring...

I thought it would be because they aren't physically attracted to me but then even girls that approaches me are the same way...

It seems that I'm bad with holding conversations and there's something I need to improve, but I don't know WHAT.

Anyone tell me what's wrong and what can make them TALK a little bit more.... gets me annoyed cause even the girls who approaches me seems to run away...

(P.S I'm french so maybe my english sounds retarded but you can still understand what I mean, and maybe correct me if you have time)

JT47319

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't ask questions.

Make statements.

Asking too many questions to a stranger comes off as trying too hard and seeking too much rapport. Like a beggar coming off the street asking you for money for nothing in return.

Questions TAKE. Statements and Actions GIVE.

Save the questions when you're in a deeper rapport phase.

SealTeamSix

Don Juan
Reaction score
Questions are not bad if it asked right ways .. be clever with questions ..

But you need to have good mix of sharing ideas/statements and questions. But all in all .. its gotta be about her .. make her to yepp .. that should your goal!

InspirationMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Questions are good at first, but only general questions such as the college she is going to, type of job she has, (her name.. if you need it... heh).

Once you cover the basis, she will most likely respond asking you about your 'general info'. If not, offer it sparingly.

If she seems uninterested, tell her out right "You seem like a nice person, but you aren't really my type." Shake her hang or hug her and leave.
If she IS interested, which most girls will be, tell her your job first, and then tell her about your college or school and your involvement.

During this, be sure to NOT comment on the "WHYs" of anything unless she asks. This creates a slightly mystery. Not much, but some. When (if) she does ask, give her a kind of 'smirk' as to put off the look of [why are you asking me this... oh.. you like me.. heh heh.].

Always talk about feelings. Don't just say "I goto Blah blah college". The word "because" will become your friend. Women love trying to interpret things, and giving them vague reasons will make them think about it, and in turn, think about YOU.
A simple "I like this college because of the great environment" would suffice quite nicely. It thwaps her brain a bit and makes her think:

[he likes it... hmm.. must be a nice place.. a great place to be eh? what makes it great? why is the environment so good? Is his definition of environment the same as mine? Give me more info!!]

Be ready to talk about things that string down from the original statement. {Ex: I like college.} Think about what makes you like the college, why you go, what makes it special, what type of people are there, activities you do there... but do not tell her unless she asks!!!!

When she is talking about herself, she will (99% of the time) give you a little more information than what you asked. If you ask what college she went to, pay attention to everything she says EXCEPT what college she goes to. She is testing you to see if you are a listener. She may say something like

1)"I like the college I go to, I can be away from my family" or
2)"Its a crappy college, I'd rather be out doing blah blah blah" or
3)"I go to BLAH BLAH, its a small but decent place."

1) Being away from family- = Be VERY careful when asking about her family, doing so before she 'invites' you into her personal life will result in the "OMGWTF He’s a stalker!" attitude.
Comment on that fact of her independence. Something such as "Well since you're away from your family, you can be as independent as you want to be!"

2)I like doing other things besides college. -= She likes having fun!! Yes! Remember, always use her words when talking back. (well, not always, but most of the time). Say something like, "Well, if you prove you're a fun enough person, I'll let you come out with me some night." or "Well at least you know how to have fun, a lot of people don't. "

3) Small but decent. -= Tell her that it could be smaller, or ask why what makes that college so decent.

Rule: When you ask her a question, notice the answer she gives you. Comment on it with a STATEMENT before you ask more questions. Notice the feelings she talks about. Respond. For bonus points, comment and respond to anything she says that you did not provoke in the question.

Rule: When you give her a statement, just give it. If she doesn't respond, just look at her, tilt your head, and wait for a response. (Most guys will try to say something to 'not sound stupid'. Doing this puts HER in the spotlight and says to her "YOU say something, I'm testing you here, girl!") If she doesn't respond, JUST STARE.
If she responds, treat it like another response from a question. Analyze and comment.

~~~

If she begins to seem interested, good! If not, end it.

Rule: Questions are used in only few places:
1) To start the FIRST conversation you EVER have with her, and only to get to know her to start with.
2) As a backdoor if you really can't think of anything to say.

Rule:
Questions are good early, and bad later.
Comments are decent early, but great later.

~~~

If all else fails, talk to a girl that is your friend. Someone you can talk to. Just ask her to help you develop your conversational and listening skills. This is BY far THE best way to do it. Actually talking with someone who is just helping you.

You can do it!

InspirationMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Guillain

Anyone tell me what's wrong and what can make them TALK a little bit more.... gets me annoyed cause even the girls who approaches me seems to run away...
You need to just shut up! I do not mean that in a rude way, but when you are talking with her, just quit talking and maker HER reply. Do not say anything until she does.

Simple. Voila, she talks.. then mocks... then walks... then stalks... then you have a problem.. :D

bootlegger

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
There may be a posibility that you intimidate HER. And that makes her feel uneasy... When she is very short with you... Try something like...

Just blankly staring at her, then saying "Oh, I didn't realize you could sum it up that fast"... Just try to get her laughing, and make her feel more comfortable.

If that doesn't work, try asking her for advice. Advice on what cd to buy or anything. It will put her at ease, and then she will put her panties in your hand.