Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Need help guys.....

Dave maje

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I've been reading the threads here for quite some time but have never needed a reason to post until now, and was needing some advice for a situation I have. I cant say I'm a DJ, though I do hold my own. Thanks to everyone in advance for reading and responding to this.

Anyway, I have known this girl for a few years or so, but up until recently we have always just been casual friends, although when we did see each other we would flirt a little and could each feel an attraction. Then about a month ago we saw each other at a party and started to talk about things and the attraction each one has for one another. I started to make some moves, and although she was hesitant at first, we ended up sleeping together that night. We both said we just wanted to keep things casual and see where things lead, which was ok by me at first.

Since then I have seen her about once a week, and we have had sex everytime , sometimes more than once, and just have a very good time together whether we go to the bars, see a movie, or just hang out. We can talk for hours and laugh and laugh.

Now, I can see myself starting to have some pretty strong feelings for her. Didnt really want to, but I cant change the way I feel. Heres where my problem is. First, she just got out of a relationship not too long ago, and the one time we ended up talking about our relationship, she said not to pressure her, which I think i've done a pretty god job in not doing. And I sense that while shes not ever wanting to get back with her ex (she broke up with him for a number of reasons) i can still sense some lingering feelings. For example the other night somehow he got brought up and she said she was starting to feel upset about it. Plus, one time when I was over he apparently stopped by late at night, and the last time I was over I went out to my car in the morning and found my car had been spray painted (it came off). This after the ex had seen us going into a bar earlier that night (he works there). So obviosuly there are still some kind of feelings there either good or bad I cant tell yet, but hes sure not happy about me seeing her. Which of course is drama i dont need.

And a couple of other things. We havent talked on the phone at all except to just make dates, and same with email. But it does seem as though I am the one initiating doing all of that as far as calling goes. In fact I dont know if she has ever "just called me"

Dont get me wrong, I can tell the girl is really into me, you can just tell when you're with someone if they dig you or not. And like I said we have had sex everyime weve been together, often more times than once, and have discussed having a relationship.

But I can FOR SURE feel that right now at least she has the upper hand in the relationship as far as control. Not by much, but enough for me to feel uncomfortable as I usually am the one in charge of things. How this has happened I'm not entirely sure but its there.

SO I guess my main question is what can I do to put me in charge of things, so that I feel she is the one that feels that urge to get together, and to possibly start a LTR. Right now I feel like she just wants to hang out and see what happens, and is under no pressure to take things further in the near term.

I was thinking of doing the pullback. Ya know, not call or email to get together for a couple of weeks, and if/when she called to say I'm busy. In other words make her think that Im not totally available and put some pressure on her to come AFTER ME.

Anyways, I apologize for the length and appreciate any advice you can offer.

-HPNOTIQ-

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dave maje

I was thinking of doing the pullback. Ya know, not call or email to get together for a couple of weeks, and if/when she called to say I'm busy. In other words make her think that Im not totally available and put some pressure on her to come AFTER ME.

Anyways, I apologize for the length and appreciate any advice you can offer.
first off...i personally have a rule for wanting LTRs from women that are coming off of an LTR. I call it the year to month rule. For every year the woman is in the LTR, you should give it a month before you start considering her for LTR status.

example: 3 years in an LTR = 3 months before you date her.

typically, the woman will still have lingering feelings about the ex (gets upset when she talks about him), and the ex may share the same feeling toward her (ie him spray painting your car). its obvious there are still mutual feelings between them.

with that said, it looks like you were caught in the middle as the rebound guy..or the 'safe alternative'. let me explain. you are not her ex...you dont bring the stress her ex did...you dont bring the pressure her ex did...she can call the shots when it comes to you -- even if you've had sex together...its the classic example of a woman that wants the comfort and security of the past relationship..without the strings attached. she maybe genuinely attracted to you...she may genuinely see you as LTR material - but honestly, it looks like a fling to me.

the good news is that she does have moderate to high interest in you. your idea to 'cut her off' and keep distance is the way to go. its like fishing...give slack...pull tension...stop the calling..stop the emails..stop the flirting...but, make it be known that you aren't phased by her - go out and date, go out and enjoy life, go out and build your career -- she's the one who's in a rut...not you.

if in the end you pull away and she gets back with her ex...then you were just a fling - at least you got some p*ssy out of it.

Dave maje

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice HP.

Yeah its kinda confusing me. I know that she has broken up with him twice, and from what she tells me at least there is no chance of her ever going back to him, but of course thats just what she tells me...and i think i believe that just from being around her. After all she did take me to a place he works at and didnt seem the least bit fazed that he saw us.
And like I said before, it isnt like weve just met, weve known each for awhile and have always felt something between us other than just friends. Plus, shes ALOT like me in the fact she doesnt like drama, and acts like a guy in alot of ways as far as talking on the phone or whatever..which is cool. But at some point girls who are super interested in guys call them or do more than just go out on a date, thats just how girls are. I just think she hasnt had a need to do that yet since she knows I will call and set things up. Btw she has never said no to any of my date offers.

The more I am with her, the more I want to be with her, if you know what I mean. ANd I guess that is my main question. In this case where everything has been 99% great so far, and we each have stated we should just take things and see where they go, do I risk that by starting to pullback, or just keep doing what Im doing, even though I am not 100% comfortable with how things are right now. Though doing that may lead to a LTR just by simple getting to know each more and falling for one another.

I'm pretty torn as to what to do.

-HPNOTIQ-

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice HP.

After all she did take me to a place he works at and didnt seem the least bit fazed that he saw us.
she used you bro. she wanted to show her ex bf that she is still desired by other men and that he f*cked up with her...it looks like she's being the DJ in this scenerio. I wouldnt be surprised if her ex bf is on this site asking for advice why did my ex come to my work with another guy....on the rea,l you already have one-itis with this woman who's not playing on a level surface.

i'm just dispensing advice through what you have said...i'm sure you know the situation better than myself..these are just my opinions.

IMO - i think that she doesnt have enough IL in you that she feels you are going anywhere...right now..you are her b*tch and she's calling the shots. Like you said, she's comming off an LTR which she is obviously not over. She may not want to get back with him, but, she's doing a great job letting you know that she doesn't want an LTR with you.

"I don't want to rush...lets not rush into a relationship"

******** translation:

"I like you enough to f*ck you...but right now, you are my b*tch and you ARE GOING TO listen to me. I don't want the stress or baggage of a relationship. Let's not rush because I either have other prospects in mind, I would like to get back with my ex, or you are just the fling I need. I dont want to rush into a relationship because I just want to f*ck random guys in the future from now on."

If it were me, I'd enjoy the FB status and keep giving it to this girl until I got tired of her p*ssy. In the interm, I'd still be DJing and dating other women because like she said, you guys arent exclusive and "Let's just see where this goes"....Personally, I've never seen a relationship that starts out with "Let's just see where this goes" go anywhere.

But, if you insist on trying, you must SHOW NO INSECURITY. Like I stated earlier...withdraw communication, withdraw email, withdraw attention -- once she realizes that you aren't her b*tch anymore, she'll do everything in her power to try to get you back as her play toy. Make HER the jealous one. Date a lot, show her that you have other options.

LET HER KNOW THAT OTHER WOMEN DESIRE YOU.

with all this said, you can't be afraid to NEXT her....once you pedistal her..all your confidence will look like an act...she'll see right through you. you can't be afraid to walk out that door if you dont like whats going on..stand up and be a man.

Dave maje

Reaction score
HP...when we went to the bar and her ex bf was there she told me immeaditely she didnt think he worked on those days. And she never walked me around the place or seemed flustered or even brought him up. We had been there before also( its the big hangout on Tuesday nights) and she never mentioned that he worked there before we saw him .We then hit another bar near there and truthfully she seemed to have a great time. I know what you're talking about when you try and show up and ex but I wasnt getting that vibe here..who knows though.

You're right she could just be using me for a fling and sex..who knows. Anything is possible. And the sex is pretty damn good. But at the same time she has mentioned things about us being in a future relationship, which I keep cool about of course.

I guess what has me thinking more than anything is the phone call thing. Any girl Ive ever been with before when sex was involved the girl has called me to just chat by now, and so far nadda on that. TO me that is always a sign that a girl is thinking about you and a good sign of interest.

So since that is the case do you think i should just not call whatsoever? Thanks in advance.

Dave maje

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice JT lol, but she already is my **** buddy :). Hell the other day we had sex 3 times from 3 am to when I left around 9 am or so. Thats not the problem. I think now i want more, and am wondering what my best course of action is to get that. Thanks in advance.

-HPNOTIQ-

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I guess what has me thinking more than anything is the phone call thing. Any girl Ive ever been with before when sex was involved the girl has called me to just chat by now, and so far nadda on that. TO me that is always a sign that a girl is thinking about you and a good sign of interest.

Bro..are you sure you aren't dating penkitten, lilshorty, girlDJ or any of the other resident women DJs on this site. Because, she is using standard DJ tricks to have you questioning her motives and thus raising YOUR interest in her.

Honestly, go with your gut. If it were me, I'd just keep enjoying the FB status and not really look into an LTR with her. I think your desire to be with her is just a challenge for you. You want her because she's not giving up the LTR status like the other girls. She's got you questioning your DJism. She's got you questioning yourself. And so, you desire her more...not because she is overly a great woman, but because she is a challenge.

Been there done that...I'll guarantee that if you do LTR with her, you will get tired of her very quickly because the challenge is gone.

-HPNOTIQ-

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice JT lol, but she already is my **** buddy :). Hell the other day we had sex 3 times from 3 am to when I left around 9 am or so. Thats not the problem. I think now i want more, and am wondering what my best course of action is to get that. Thanks in advance.
dood..honestly reading your reply...I dont even know what the problem is here?!

you're getting the p*ssy, you can date around, you are still single..

wtf are you complaining about..:D

like i said earlier, she's just a LTR challenge...deep down, you dont want to LTR this girl...you just want to overcome the challange of a girl who just wants to be a FB...

JT47319

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I should perhaps have rephrased that as MAINTAIN HER as your fuck buddy without all the emotional baggage.

And while you pound that booty, go out and get new girls.

Dave maje

Reaction score
HB..thanks for the replies..honestly.

As far as the challenge thing you could be right, but I know that deep down when I'm with this girl, i feel things that I may have only felt about one other girl in my life... my ex fiance. Just something about her makes me feel good, which is what relationships are supposed to be about.

No doubt I'm getting one-itis, and feeling a slight lack of control, which is why Im writing this.

So i guess the main point I'm getting from you guys is lay low for awhile and quit with the attention..so that she starts chasing me some? I dont want this to get into some sort of game, but at the same time I do know how LTR relationships work best, and right now the way things are heading that couldnt happen with her having more control.

Dave maje

Reaction score
Ya know Hp I was thinking after reading your post, the other day when i was over there and her ex sprayed my car, I had a job interview. I went straight from her place to the interview. I know that if it had been me and she had her car painted and had an interview that morning, I would have called her later that day to see how it went and to see if the paint came off. I heard nothing. Which is the really sketchy thing because when we're together she acts like she cant get enough of me. Who knows maybe she really does have a high IL and is djing me to make me come after her. She did admit to me shes not very trusting of guys in general before and relationships.

So yeah, you're right I think, just gonna lay low for a while and see if she starts coming after me a little more. If she does great and we can go from there, if not, then I'll know that shes just using me for a fling right now. Either way I find out somethings.

Jay Fiedler

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds to me like shes pretty interested, just getting over her ex takes time. Keep doing what you're doing and I think you'll be fine.