Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Need career advice

captain55

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a job that involves a massive amount of cold calling. I hate it with a passion but do not want to quit without giving it my all. One of the reasons I don’t like it is because I hate the social isolation that comes with it. Working at home all day I am not around any people. I am currently only making 5k a month. Told myself I want to take home $10,000 a month or call it a day. I’m moving to a pretty wealthy area so I can start building up my personal training training business again and at least do something I’m passionate about.

What would be a realistic time frame to give myself before hanging it up? To take my income from 5k a month to 10k?

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a job that involves a massive amount of cold calling. I hate it with a passion but do not want to quit without giving it my all. One of the reasons I don’t like it is because I hate the social isolation that comes with it. Working at home all day I am not around any people. I am currently only making 5k a month. Told myself I want to take home $10,000 a month or call it a day. I’m moving to a pretty wealthy area so I can start building up my personal training training business again and at least do something I’m passionate about.

What would be a realistic time frame to give myself before hanging it up? To take my income from 5k a month to 10k?
first wait the whole covid settle down, 5k month is a good income already, even more if you are single, so you certainly are not scraping by, personal trainers are not something really give money unless you are really charismatic, can win people over, and most important can build interesting and fun regiments to keep people asking for you.

you also need to take how much time on work you spend now? 8? less? more? can you do both?

captain55

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
first wait the whole covid settle down, 5k month is a good income already, even more if you are single, so you certainly are not scraping by, personal trainers are not something really give money unless you are really charismatic, can win people over, and most important can build interesting and fun regiments to keep people asking for you.

you also need to take how much time on work you spend now? 8? less? more? can you do both?
I’m 28, in a relationship my gf doesn’t really ask me for money. I work a few hours a day. It’s not a bad gig but I just can’t get passionate about anything right now. Being on the computer all day behind a phone just really began to affect my mental health. Might just get a job being a bouncer at this point, I need more interaction with people. Having a gf is not enough

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
5k a month is a truly phenomenal income for a cold caller. That’s £43,000 in British cash. Plumbers, builders, electricians often don’t make that.

I would sit back and be happy that you’re doing something fairly low skilled and being paid pretty good money.

I cold called at the beginning. I now have a 20 year career in wealth management and I still only make £70-£100k.

when I was doing cold calling I was on the equivalent of about $2200 a month

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The burn out has got to be real. I did sales as a college kid. Never cold calling. The skills set is underrated. The best made great money. The skills are transferable. It definitely helped me dating. Superb people skills. You can read people and a room.

If at 28, you are burned out, imagine at 40? One of my mates is a trainer. The lock down shenanigans wrecked the industry. He's transitioned to another industry.

Get a recruiter. Test the market. Go all in or skill up. You have no wife or kids. No excuse not to make moves particularly if you are burned out now.

What area would you like to be in? You trade your finite time for money. I sure f better pay and big. Pivot elsewhere. In the short term you may take a hit BUT I'd the opportunity is a better long play, give it a go. Absurd amounts of people are career changing.