Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Need a date for Prom?

seloifter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
About this time of year, all the senior aspiring DJs are trying to get themselves dates for the prom.....

sounds tough, sometimes..... but hey, it's much easier than you might thing....

first of all, let me say I went to my prom stag --- and I don't regret it one bit. I had way more fun hanging out with my friends whom I would never see again and just chillin, than I probably would have if I had been with a girl I didn't know all that well, and was forced to be around her and her friends.
**** what other people thought of me, prom is for seniors to have fun, and personally, fun for me was being with my friends..... after all, it was the last chance to be with them

But, that is just me. I know sometimes it seems like a big deal for guys to get dates, cuz otherwise it's like they're "losers"..... so let me give you a tip...

afraid to ask a girl out? Why?

First of all, if she rejects you (which I'm pretty sure she won't..... more on that in a bit), big ****yn deal. In 2 weeks you'll never have to see her again, until the ten year reunion when you can show her how much she missed out ;)

Second of all, here is a GREAT SECRET!
EVERY GIRL WISHES A GUY WOULD ASK THEM TO PROM!! Seriously. Although most of them have "their hearts set" on some guy, they WILL accept most any guy who asks them. BECAUSE THEY WANT A DATE MORE THAN GUYS DO!

****UNLESS THE GIRL EITHER HAS A DATE, IS NOT GOING TO PROM, OR HAS A REAL PROBLEM WITH YOU; SHE WILL ACCEPT YOUR OFFER TO PROM****

Now, there is also a METHOD to asking a girl out to prom. I once saw a guy who told a girl he liked (she was a very pretty and popular girl btw) "well, I've been talking to so and so, and this person, and that person, and they all think I should ask you to prom"...... uhhh ok? Afc? Yes, it was very afc, it showed total lack of confidence, and the need for approval from others..... as well as not being able to take charge and responsibliity himself...... And although the girl was turned off, SHE STILL ACCEPTED HIS OFFER!

But, you should not do exactly as he does. You just ask her, with total confidence, "hey, let's go to prom together". I guess I shouldn't have said "you just ask her", becaus eyou're not even asking. You're practically declaring.
I can almost guarantee the first girl you ask will accept (unless one of the criterion from above is met)....

so what's the problem? Grab your balls, and go for it. I know it's hard, but trust me -- VERY FEW GIRLS WILL EVER REJECT A GUY'S OFFER TO PROM

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
thank you. now promise me that you and kwah will cut my balls off if i dotn ask a girl out.

DJ Girevik

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Good post. I'm making it a point to ask a girl who I already have stuff in common with so we have a lot of fun. I'll most likely come back here with a date by Thursday or by Wednesday night :cool: *knock on wood*

Kwah

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you dont ask out someone I will gouge out your eyes and skull **** you.

That enough encouragement dirtbag?

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
awww, now you are just trying to hurt my feelings.

no cookies for kwah!:mad:

Kwah

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just trying to be inspirational.

Fred Da Head

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most importantly, how far from the prom do you ask a girl out? Two weeks? More? Mine is June 20th so I still got plenty of time but I don't wanna be caught with my pants down in the wrong way, y'know. Some people already got dates at my school, tho, so now I'm all confused. :confused:

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hah, i decided not to go to prom?

why?

well, simply. I decided i dont want to spend 300$ on one night of nothing, when most of the people i know arent gonna go either. We are going to go clubbing instead. So hey, if you guys wanna go, be my guest, but for me, PROM isnt some sort of tradition that i must attend, it is something i dont really care about anymore.

P.S. Life seems much lighter once u make the decision.

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd suggest asking as early as you can, girls go like hot cakes when it comes close to prom.

Luscious

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Oxide
I'd suggest asking as early as you can, girls go like hot cakes when it comes close to prom.
Be VERY CAREFUL here.

Make sure you know her and know she will not start flaking out on you.

Example from my life:
A chick was all over me for 3+ weeks: I'd call her a 6 or maybe a 6.5. Nothing special. Anyways, she was giving MAJOR buying signs so I tell her we are going to prom. (Our prom is right at the start of June) She agrees. She is all pumped - telling me about her dress, about prom, what she likes about me, etc. etc. - so I tell her we are going out Friday. She agrees. We go out - she is a totally different person for some reason. It was awkward. Monday - I suggest to her we just be friends (because I knew she was going to LJBF me) - and she agrees and says she is 'interested in another guy'. So I tell her I don't take 'friends' to prom and that I cannot take her to prom.

As a result, I have one pissed off chick and no prom date anymore. HOWEVER, there are PLENTY of quality chicks left without a date around my school because all the chumps do not have the balls to ask them - it is the old case of the hot chicks NEVER being asked because everyone ASSUMES they will get shot down or that she already has a date. So I am not screwed at all!

So be careful! Make sure you know she will not flake out on you if you ask her a month or more in advance!