Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

My younger sister is getting spoiled.

monross

Reaction score
As an older brother, I don’t want to see my sister struggling with her school works. Since it is inevitable for students, I pamper her with everything she wants in return for her hard work at school. However, I have observed that she’s getting spoiled through time. She’s starting to ask me expensive stuffs. Three weeks ago, she told me she will be her school’s representative for the national spelling bee. If she will be able to get the first place, she’ll win free tour to Hongkong. And just last night, she told me she actually got the first place. With that, she asked me to buy her a Canon EOS 80D DSLR Camera for her tour which is very expensive for me. I’m so glad for her achievements and will always be but I don’t think it will be good if I buy her one. I realized that somehow, it’s my fault why she becomes a spoiled brat.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
She did work her way up to get to no.1, an achievement that should be rewarded.

I see no harm in her requesting anything, she even has the right 2 request the moon and the sun as her reward. But acceding to the request is another matter, that's ur prerogative and make her understand it.

If I were you I'd explain ur situation and make it simple. Then make a counter offer, observe and decide from there.

KingofPuss

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tell her you'll match her the money on it. Explain that is very expensive and you're proud of her, but it's not something you can afford.

Make her understand the value of the dollar. She sounds young still, so maybe she can't get a job. But she needs to understand how sh!tty jobs are. You start viewing cost of things in hours you need to work, not dollar signs.

sazc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting. My kid got first place at his school spelling bee and the reward was verbal praise and acknowledgenent. Your sister does the same at her school and gets a trip to Hong Kong? What school does she go to? I've never heard of this type of a reward for a spelling bee.

In short: troll