Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

My Weight Loss Method.

Grey Fox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not knocking Deisel's Bulking and Cutting guide, they are great. But I found that in my own struggle to achieve a healthy body and mind has left me with some insights I think are worth sharing.

Many people talk about losing weight. They talk about it in the same way they talk about upholding a New Year's resolution. I know you all have heard people talk in this matter, your BS detector just flips off the chart because its so obivious that they'll never go through with it. You'll see them later gorging themselves on some junk food, claiming "Oh this is my "Fat Tuesday," where I have one last blow out and begin my weight loss resolution." Only their "Fat Tuesday" just seems to strech into the longest day, spanning weeks and months until they forget what they were going to do in this first place. Everyone claims that want to do it to "Look Good" or be "Healthy" or any other hunderds of reasons. The only way you can stick to a Weight Loss program is doing for yourself. You have to want it, sure you'll have reasons for wanting to do it but there has to be a fundamental desire on your part to change. For me I thought I was doing it to: Look Good, Be Healthy, Meet Job Requirements, Revenge on woman who left me in my AFC days. But, the more I looked at it, the more I realised this was something I wanted for myself not for 4 reasons as listed above. The force for changing yourself has to come from within and from external forces, you have to want to do it.
So before I get into my program I want to dispell some myths that I have seen.

1. It has to hurt in order to be an effective work out. (What a load of junk! One of the reasons people bow out of working out is because they hurt themselves and they don't like and can't handle the stress of a ridiculous grueling workout they create for themselves.)

2. Diets help you lose weight and keep it off. (I'm just waiting for the day a delivery truck from Hostess Cupcakes breaks down in front of Jared's lawn(the subway guy).

Okay with that in mind here is my program:

Phase 1:

Walking 2 miles a day and doing 3 sets of sit-ups at twenty reps.
Increase vegetable intake and decrease unnessary junk food and fried food.(The food will be a constant throughout the program, so no need to repeat it. Oh and each phase lasted a 2 weeks.)

Phase 2:

Walking 3 miles a day and 4 sets of sit-ups at twenty reps.

Phase 3:

Walking 4 miles a day and 5 sets of sit-ups at twenty reps.

Phase 4:

5 and 6 sets.

Phase 5:

6 miles 8 sets.

Phase 6:

6 miles 9 sets.

Then I went back to college and maintained for about half the year, and the laxed. I had orginally been 255 pounds, over the summer was down to 204 and gained about only 8 pounds while at college. But I'm back this summer and have begun finishing what I started. I'm now back to 204. Running 7 miles a day doing 180 situps and 90 push ups and some lifting and maintaining proper diet.(Which is why I didn't get huge again in college despite the drinking. For my work out I increase my difficulty by adding more weight, resistance and reps to continue my success.) By the end of the summer I hope to be somewhere around 195-to 193 pounds and hopefully sporting a six pack.

I hope this helps someone who was like me, earnestly to seeking to improve themselves for their own sake and reasons. Good Luck.

-Grey Fox

Boricua_33015

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
in the beginning you said you WALKED. Now you are RUNNING. Did you really lose weight while you were WALKING? DId you even really WALK. I dontknow man but that sounds a little bit too easy for me. What I do every morning and Im planning to do this everyday, is I run for 15 minutes STRAIGHT, NON STOP, and then I get tired and I feel like walking so I walk for about a minute and then for the next 5 minutes I would run intensely. Is this a good workout? Will I lose weight quickly? I got the 15 minute run from football. My football jock freinds tell me (more like complaining) that they're coach makes them run for 15 minutes.

jive

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sure you're losing weight, but how much of that weight is fat? You ARE losing a lot of muscle with your workout plan. DO read Diesel's cutting guide (again, and also the replies) and you'll know what I'm talking about.

Trial Error

Don Juan
Reaction score
Someone correct me if im wrong, seriously. Boricua, walking is ok, as long as your heart beat is somewhere between 65% and 80% while you're walking. At this pace, the body uses fat as the primary source of energy. Or is it?

Boricua_33015

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well I wasnt even thinking of trying walking. Even if I could get my heartrate up I still wouldnt use walking as a way to burn fat because running could probably do it faster and walking is just way too easy. I would like to feel like I acheieved something that is not that easy to attain, you feel me?

tx_xp

Don Juan
Reaction score
You do burn calories walking just as you do any other excercise. There is a reason why you see so many "mall walkers." Especially on weekends I try to really walk a lot but I am also doing this in addition to cardio.

It is also important to understand the need to do strength training, it goes beyond trying to look buff for someone else. Understand that muscle require more calories to exist, so the more you have the better.

Grey Fox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Seriously it was walking and eating right, now this summer im getting into the harder stuff. As for muscles I've maintained them thanks to my duties as a bartender at my fraternity (lifting heavy stuff every weekend.) My walking pace was between 3 to 4 miles an hour and I was doing this outdoors, no tough hills or anything. Well thats how it worked for me.

-Grey Fox

digitalrat

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Boricua_33015
in the beginning you said you WALKED. Now you are RUNNING. Did you really lose weight while you were WALKING? DId you even really WALK. I dontknow man but that sounds a little bit too easy for me. What I do every morning and Im planning to do this everyday, is I run for 15 minutes STRAIGHT, NON STOP, and then I get tired and I feel like walking so I walk for about a minute and then for the next 5 minutes I would run intensely. Is this a good workout? Will I lose weight quickly? I got the 15 minute run from football. My football jock freinds tell me (more like complaining) that they're coach makes them run for 15 minutes.
Running for 8 minutes then walking for 2 for example is an excellent way to lose fat. Walking is underrated and is very good cardio.