Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

My routine

BuddhaSMASH

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok I've been getting lazy lately, some I'm starting with a new slate. Critique this routinge please.

Monday: Back, Biceps, Abs
Tuesday: 40 minutes HIIT aerobics, Abs
Wendesday: Chest, Triceps
Thursday: 40 minutes HIIT aerobics, Abs
Friday: Legs, Shoulders, Abs
Weekends: rest...

All the while taking Vitamins B/C/E, Glutamine and Xenadrine EFX. Please don't say creatine. I hate that shyt.

enkai

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by BuddhaSMASH
Ok I've been getting lazy lately, some I'm starting with a new slate. Critique this routinge please.

Monday: Back, Biceps, Abs
Tuesday: 40 minutes HIIT aerobics, Abs
Wendesday: Chest, Triceps
Thursday: 40 minutes HIIT aerobics, Abs
Friday: Legs, Shoulders, Abs
Weekends: rest...

All the while taking Vitamins B/C/E, Glutamine and Xenadrine EFX. Please don't say creatine. I hate that shyt.
Ok...first off, pain the muscles that are not trained by eachother, when you do back muscles your biceps are secondary muscle being used this will most likely cause you to over train them, for better recovery use back with treiceps, chest with biceps...HIIT cardio NOT AEROBICS should not be 40 mins long, it should be at maximum 20 mins, it is very taxing on the body...also do it on tuesday and saturday, giving it enough time for your body to rest in between, do shoulders with chest, but dont train front delts cuz they're already being trained with most benching movements, so you should go ahed and just finish em off, abs should be trained twice a week at most since they're no differnet then other muscles, doing a million crucnhes will not give you big abs, train abs with intesntity like other muscles and try to eliminate hip flexor muscles which pull you up half way before your abs take over hte motion, and thats about it

Templeton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HIIT is not really cardio as such. Seems to be a lot of confusion in this area. I recommend everyone go to the latest edition of www.t-mag.com and read the article entitled "cardio roundtable".

BuddhaSMASH

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok well I know this may be a bit much to ask, but could someone design a workout schedule for me? I'll go ahead and give my info so you can shape it. I'm 5'10" and weigh 265 lbs. I can workout monday-friday. I don't know if I should start with bulking or cutting...what you guys think? Can ya help me out with this?

BuddhaSMASH

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was also kinda wondering what supplements I should take...If it's relavent at all, I have a thyroid disease (Hashimoto's Thyroiditis/Hypothyroidism) but I am taking Levoxyl for it.

enkai

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Here just use my routine that I use right now and I'm having three other people who I'm training use it aswell, I know that you want to get in shape not get huge, and that you want to cut up by sometime this summer...One of the guys I'm training went from 185-191 in eight days under my training routines, and strenth went up by 60%. You must admit to yourself that there is a chacne that by the end of the summer you will not loose the bodyfat all the way, but you'll get off most of it :).

When you see the tempo...that means like 3:1:2 - 3 seconds to go down, 1 second, hold while down, 2 second going up, these are stricly controled movements, if you can not do it in this manner, lower the weight.

Routine - Six weeks, take seventh week off and alter the routine continue on eighth week.

Monday - Chest
- Flys - Pre-exhaustion - 2 sets, of 8 reps per set - focus on form not weight

- Incline Bench Press - 3 Sets of 6-9 reps, use a 3:1:2 tempo
- Wide Grip for the first two sets, narrow grip for the last set

- Bench Press - 3 sets of 6-9 reps, use a 3:1:2 tempo
- Wide Grip for the first two sets, narrow grip for the last set

- Decline Dumbbell Press
- Doing tempo on these is a bit hard, but decline the bench as much as possible, and you have to get someone to hand you the weights

- Go back to flys to reexhaust them before going home, do 2 sets of 8 reps...You might want to alter them by doing like one incline flys set, one decline flys, or reg bench.

BuddhaSMASH

Don Juan
Reaction score
Please hurry with the rest. I'm itching to get started!

Reto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Experiment with different routines.

What works for one person, may not work for you. Same with suppliments.

I use to do a routine similiar to your 1st post. I did over train. Now I keep it simple with one body part per day.

Too, keep in mind that when you start working out, you are burning more calories. As a rsult, your appetite is going to increase. Just keep it in mind before you start piggin out after your work out...

Industry

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have done back and biceps together with no problems whatsoever. Here's my routine

MONDAY: CHEST & TRI'S

WEDNESDAY: BACK & BI'S

FRIDAY: SHOULDERS & LEGS

I do abs on Mondays and Fridays.

Chest
--------

Bench Press
Incline Bench
Cable X-over's
Machine Flys

TRI'S
--------

Pressdowns
Closed Grip Bench
Skull Crushers

Back
------
Deadlifts
Lat Pulldowns
Seated Rows
Side Raises

BI'S
-------
Hammer Curls
Preacher Curls
Concentration Curls (or straight up bar curls)

Shoulders
--------------
Military Press (or arnold)
Front Lat Raises
Shrugs
upright rows

Legs
----------

Squats
Leg Press
Calf Machine
Leg Xtensions

Abs
------

Cable Crunches
Knee Raises
Decline Bicycle Cunches

.... That's about it my friend. I was 5'11 146 before I started this workout.... now i am 164 lbs with a 6 pack and thats after 8 weeks. If I knew how to post before/after pics, i would. it works.

==== Just a side note. Have you read DIESEL'S bulking up guide? That would of answered all of your questions.

BuddhaSMASH

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok so how's this revised version...keep in mind that I'm cutting right now...

Monday: Chest and Tri's
Tuesday: HIIT cardio and Abs
Wendesday: Back and Bi's
Thursday: HIIT cardio and Abs
Friday: Shoulders and Legs

Weekends: Rest

es_mer8

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Do not lift 5 days in a row. My dad who has strength coached many to become great lifters wrote me up a little guide to do and I'll post it below

Monday: Chest and Shoulders

2 warm up speed reps of bench: For me, I use 135 lbs to start off. They're quick. Do them fast.

1 x 5 - Flat Bench: For me, I use 150 lbs. I'm still finding my weight but the whole point is to work harder but not wear yourself out.

3 x 3 - Flat Bench: I used 170 lbs. for these. These to me were very tough to do because of the high amount of weight I had (for me anyway) You should be struggling on the last set if not the second.

1 x 5 - Speed Flat Bench: I used 145 lbs. These are the cooldowns but you do them faster.

3 x 5 - Incline Bench: I did 135 lbs. on these and they worked me pretty hard. The inclines are important because they work the upper pecs. They should be tough. Next time you do bench, instead of incline, you do the dumb bell flat bench.

---- Shoulder ----

1 warm up of military: Warm up for these because if you do them right and heavy, they can become trick.

3 x 5 Military Press or Dumb bell press: I used 100 lbs but thats because I just started to do them and man, I felt sore afterwards.

2 x 8 Lateral Raises: These can be tough so don't bust out the 50 lb dumb bells. In fact, I used 15 and it was hard. Make sure you do them right or else they're useless.

3 x 8 Rear Delts: Basically hang your arms down and lift so they're aligned with your shoulders almost like a straight plane. These are hard too so do them right.

Thats what I got for Monday. I'm not sure if you'll pay attention to this workout or not so I'm not going to post the whole thing unless you want me to.

Monday: Chest and Shoulders
Tuesday: Legs
Thursday: Back
Friday: Arms

Big N

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, these routines being posted are wack. How can you train your triceps properly if you do them on the same day as chest? How do you train your biceps properly if you do them on the same day as back? How do you train your back properly if you do it two days after legs?

BuddhaSMASH

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well what would U suggest Big N?

enkai

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Big N
Ok, these routines being posted are wack. How can you train your triceps properly if you do them on the same day as chest? How do you train your biceps properly if you do them on the same day as back? How do you train your back properly if you do it two days after legs?
Yeah thanks for putting MY WORDS into simpler terms, anyhow...how the hell you gonna call them "wack" they all produce results, everyone is genetically different you ignorant F*CK!

Reto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How do you train your back properly if you do it two days after legs?

What does it matter? There are only 7 days in a week....

jive

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by BuddhaSMASH
Ok so how's this revised version...keep in mind that I'm cutting right now...

Monday: Chest and Tri's
Tuesday: HIIT cardio and Abs
Wendesday: Back and Bi's
Thursday: HIIT cardio and Abs
Friday: Shoulders and Legs

Weekends: Rest
looks fine to me...