Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

My Predicament - Help IRL :-D

Volatile Spot

Don Juan
Reaction score
M8s,

A dance is coming up, semi-formal. I need a date. I have a few girls in mind.

First I asked girl A, she said she didn't really like dances and I said 'Me either, but it's something to do.' She was supposed to think about it. This was Thursday. The first day I couldn't get back to her for whatever reason (don't see her much), then I saw her at my locker but I had to get to class. I tried to say hi and ask about it but she was sort of avoiding me. Then weekend, and now today it seems like she was avoiding me.

Little background history on girl A. We had a class together last semester (90 days, I sat right in front of her). We chatted enough and I thought she liked me. I think I may have hit friend status during that time though :(.

Ok, so she turned me down (maybe), whatever. How do I get an answer? I don't want to have to hunt her down and confront her but I have to find out something before I go to girl B.

Girl B, I showed her some attention the other day w/ a pickup line (in the middle of class, I was showing a friend how well they work :-D ). Now today we made eye contact a couple times during a lecture, I played it nicely I think. I want to ask her if girl A doesn't go for it.

This brings another problem, girl A and B are good friends and I don't want to think B is somehow a second choice or something.

Girl C I don't know and may have a boy friend and is sort of a ***** so if it's not A or B i'll have to consider a girl D.

Girl D i'm talking to on AIM right now (but our AIM conversations are void of meaning so she still doesn't know anything about me. For instance, right now we're arguing about who is Peach #1 and who is Peach #2.), so the whole 'not knowing what to talk about later' doesn't apply.

If things go right I may ask whoever I go with out later on a real date (there's an equally likely chance that I might not). I figure if they say yes at all that they show interest.

Anyways...

1) How do I confront girl A? This is really unlike her and it could have been a result of the finals/HS assesments/report cards. Regardless I need an answer and I need her to stop avoiding me (Jesus Christ a good 'NO I HATE YOU' would have been better than this).

Also, can someone explain to me what the hell happened that took me from what I thought was BF material (or at worst good friend) to whatever I am to her now?

2) How do I ask girl B without making her feel like she was second choice, or having a conflict with girl A?

3) If A, B, C, and D don't work out, aside from trying to salvage any self esteem I have left, what would you suggest doing?

4) What would you suggest I wear to a semi-formal dance? I've tried asking my friends (which are the medium and standard, as long as everyone looks the same it doesn't matter what we wear). Shirt/Tie, sweater and khaki? Sport jacket ensemble (sp/usage)?

I just started reading the board but you're all great.

Gaming111

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright, here's how it is. Girl A said NO but is too wussy to tell you to your face. Would she have to think about it or would she "not really like dances" if Brad Pitt asked her? Anything but a YES!! is a no.

She probably saw you as "just a friend" and doesn't intend it to move anywhere from there. That's why she's avoiding you.

Anyway, as for the other girls, if you want to go to the dance you have to hurry up and ACT. Start talking to them all a little more, see what's up, and ask if one wants to go with you. It doesn't matter which one, just do SOMETHING.

Semi-formal dances kinda suck anyway in my experience. Everyone just ends up standing around.. Don't be too upset if you miss it.

And read the DJ bible.

Volatile Spot

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok so I went to girl A before class today and asked her for an answer. She was quiet so I said 'So it's no? That's alright.' in my usual cheery tone, but she said 'No, no... I just...' and then silent again. Awkwardly silent for a few seconds until the bell rang. After class I walked with her to the lockers and we chatted but I couldn't bring myself (or think of a way) to bring up the topic again even though I KNOW it must have been on her mind. To get to her locker she has to pass mine, so this afternoon I was at mine talking to a friend and I noticed her stop, then walk by me fast without making eye contact, WTF?

So all I can think of at this point is that she's waiting for someone else to ask/not ask first. I don't want to accuse her though, and I don't want to UN-ask her or next her without some sort of closure.

Girl B:

More chatting today, more smiles and I think she likes me. Not relevant though...

Girl C is out of the picture just because she's a ***** and to tell you the truth, I wouldn't want to go with her.

Girl D is now in C's place, stronger than before but not yet B.

I'm fine with being friends with A (as fine as a man can get being friends with a sexy woman), so how do I be assertive and friendly at the same time without making anyone mad?

Volatile Spot

Don Juan
Reaction score
HOT NEW INFOS

Part of the problem here is that she's gone with her neighbor to ever function ever, all of her life (girl A) so she may be hesitant to say yes or no to me. Today I got bombarded by people talking about it with me (I guess she just now told people, or something) and they're all telling her to go with me.

Summary:

Still no answer even after i've talked to her a few times, and her friends want her to go with me.