Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

My internet corrospondence

Marcopolo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have been using one of those internet dating sights with some initial succes but also some setbacks. Some of the women that I start writing to, and have written me back, will mysteriously stop writing me. I figure it may have been what I wrote, or did not write, in my previous letter. For this reason I have decided to post one of my letter conversation with this one gal that i had high hopes for. I am putting this out there for all to see, and to pick apart and tell me what I did wrong, what may have turned her off. I am not agonizing over this as I know there is other women, I am just interested in feedback so amybe I as well as others can improve their "game". Here it is-

For starters, this gal e-mailed me out of the blue, and she used a humor, not exactly ****y and funny but same idea:

"hey, salsa dancing and "a voracious reader" are MY things-- bet you stole those off my profile!"

i do not have the text now, but I posted a funny response back to her, where I jokingly admitted to plagarising her lines and told her I would perhaps consider one day taking her to coffee if she promised not to sue me (said this in a joking, funny way)

5 days later, after i tought she forgot about me or moved on, I hear from her again-

but 5 days later, I get this-

"Hey (my name),

I will consider not suing you, but I admit that asking about my dreams and passions is not the way to go gaining my trust-- I own those questions too, and use them frequently! Kinda lets you know a lot about a person in concentrated doses and relatively quickly...Ha.

No, sadly I didn't write The Invitation myself-- I really wish I had. I did say in my profile that it was written by an Indian Elder, but I really liked what it says, so I used it-- and I gave credit, so I guess I am clear...;)

I have many dreams and passions, but they can mostly be categorized under learning and exploring (ha, how's that for vague-- I am just afraid that if I start elaborating I may begin quite an extensive tirade). So that said, I guess posting a pre-written, unoriginal piece on my profile doesn't really reveal much about me, so I will oblige...I love writing and aspire to become published one day when I have an epiphany. I love to travel and traipse the globe and do so every chance I get-- just that my chances haven't been as numerous as I would like them, but I am working on that... I love the outdoors, anything in nature, and I am in bliss.

What are some of your favorite things to paint? And what kind responses do you get on this infernal match site as a direct result of admiting that you read the Kama Sutra? Ha ha.

Well, take care, and I hope to hear from you,
(her name)"

so after 2 days, I write this-

"Yes, you did give credit to the Indian elder. I am curious- is this Indian elder of the Eastern variety or the Native American variety of Indian? What kinds of things do you dream about writing? I have been doing a lot of writing this this last week even though it isn't really my choice. I would venture to guess that the kind of writing you have in mind is probably somewhat more interesting and creative than the kind of writing that I have been doing.

As far as my favorite things to paint? Well, naked women for starters:) Okay, not really, I have not done too much of that yet. Seriously, I am not exactly Picasso yet, but I like to have fun painting-it is a good stress reliever. Instead of tell you what I like to paint I think I will show you-

(my URL, if you really wan to take a look, I will PM it to you)

The website is still very much a work in progress, but I put a bunch of my paintings on it, and even a drawing of an Indian Elder of the Eastern variety. I also have some photos of a hike that I went on last summer. It will eventually be a fancy site with a lot of bells and whistles. But I made it primairly to show friends and family, and anyone who asks, paintings and photos that I have done.

The responses I have gotten on that infernal Match site, since you asked, have been pretty good so far. I actually put up my ad last summer before I subscribed to the service. I went out of town for about a month and when I came back there were about 100 "winks" and two dozen or so letters in my inbox. I do not know, however, if this is the result of my admission to having read the Kama Sutra or in spite of it. I wonder what would happen if I pushed things even more and admitted reading Playboy because of all the wonderful, intellectually stimulating articles it contained? That would really be pushing it, huh?
One more thing before I must go- I really want to hear your extensive tirade, in fact, I am looking forward to it...

take care, and I hope to hear from you too,

(my name)"

so here it is.....and it has been two days since I wrote this- and I know she has been online and seen it, and I also know she has not looked at the website either

Skel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
why are you dating over the internet?

MRomeo99

Don Juan
Reaction score
Where's the funny in your email? It read like an interview. You need to be a little more irreverent. Have a little more fun. Don't be so serious. You're not trying to win a job, you're trying to have fun, meet new people, try new things. It's not a serious endeavor, isn't it all make believe right now? That's my observation.

Personally, I'm not huge into email conversations. I will talk IM or phone. But, I'm not going to return more than two messages through email. It's too easy to lose the communication thread, and it just isn't an effective way to increase attraction.

From personal experience, if I stay with email as the only means of communication, I lose about 75% of them. But, if I quickly move over to phone/IM I am usually able to move over 80% of them to the next level.

HTH,

M