Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

My freakin last name!!

worldlearning

Don Juan
Reaction score
aiight, well ive been readin up at this site for maybe a month now, and it's opened my eyes to a lot of new ideas. This is my first post cuz i have no idea to go about it.

Well, i guess it started in middle school, that was when everyone started calling be by my last name, and when i got to high school nothing changed, actually it got worse. It's like once certain people get to know you by ur last name, then everyone only calls u that, i mean only my close friends call me by my 1st name. Well lately its gotten to a point where girls have started calling me by it, and this isnt good...i gotta figure out how to get people to kno me as mike (...my 1st name..ya)

aznbreakerjrey

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I sorta am in the same situation as you. People call me John all the time (my first name), but I'd prefer Jay or J-Rey. So basically if they call me John, I say "Hey call me Jay or J-Rey arrite?"

It also helps when I introduce myself like, "Hey my name's John, but most people call me Jay or J-Rey." Works wonders.

E-Z Rider

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
just demand respect from them-- and make sure they know that respecting you includes calling you by your first name. It's actually easier said than done; it's hard to call someone by a different name after a while. But you have to tell everyone to call you mike, and if they don't respect your wishes, just tell them to fvck off.

Hope this helps- -E-Z

worldlearning

Don Juan
Reaction score
thanks for the tip man, another thing that goes along w/it is that there's like 4million Mikes at my school, and thats kinda tough.

Also, i mean, can i really just ask them to call me Mike after all the time ive just let it go, it just feels wierd.

aznbreakerjrey

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL If it feels weird being called your first name, then why do you want to change what they call you in the first place?

Anyway, yeah that's exactly why I want to be called Jay/J-Rey. Do you KNOW how many Johns there are in this world? I don't know the exact number, but what I do know is that every girl I talk to knows at least 4 different ones. lol

It's not too hard to tell em. Just tell em. If they forget, then just remind them. Eventually they'll come around.

E-Z Rider

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by worldlearning
Also, i mean, can i really just ask them to call me Mike after all the time ive just let it go, it just feels wierd.
If it really matters to you, then you just have to do it. You have to tell them what's up; that you want to be called mike.

jmm854

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
At my school it's almost uniform that everyone goes by their last name. I don't see why it matters how you're referred to...and people are creatures of habit. It'll be tough for everyone to change what they call you because mentally they've been going with something else for so long.

I think if you really wanted to make a change, you could design a T-shirt that says My name is Mike...and then on the back have your last name on it being crossed out. Something like that would get people's attention, but they may think you're off the deep end. Who knows? It could be effective.

worldlearning

Don Juan
Reaction score
lol jmm, ill try the tshirt thing...
I guess it comes down to getting respect, and that starts w/self respect, which i have, but how do i convey that