"She Laughed All Night. Then She Ghosted You. Here's Why."

Dinner ran three hours. She laughed at everything. You walked her to her car thinking this one's locked in.

Then: nothing. Two texts. No reply. What happened?

You did what most men do on a great date. You filled every silence, answered every question, and left her with nothing to wonder about. No mystery. Nothing to sit with when she got home.

Rule 3 of the "22 Rules" changes the ending: tell her a little, hold back the rest, and let her imagination do the chasing. The ghosting stops too.

Read more...

Motivation?

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
3,595
Reaction score
5
Age
40
I'm having a problem...

Each day the same thing, get up, get dressed, go to school, come home. "Same S*it different day" Well its not a big deal, I'm a senior and have little more that 3 months left so i'm just going through the motions now. Except i'm single. It doesn't bother me so much when i'm at school, but late at night i hate myself for not taking any action.

I realize its just a lack of motivation. I go to a school with 1000 people total so about 250 in my class, and i know every one of them. Wheres the mystery in that? So i'm not attracted instantly to any of them anymore because i know about them. I know this seems lame "Why don't you just go for one?" Well its not just that i'm single, i want to get with someone who is interesting, that i know nothing about. Something thats more of a challenge.

Well since its generally unacceptable to date someone who is 2+ years younger than you, that pretty much leaves the junior class. Well during the day i don't really mind not talking to them, its fun and all, but i'm focused on my school and my friends. They just don't even come to mind, and its kind of nice this way.

When i get home i feel deppressed that i didn't do anything, i get on the forums to regain my bearings, but the next morning any bit of motivation i gained the night prior, is immedietely lost.

I'm really confused about what to do and how to get motivated. Any advice or suggestions will be GREATLY appreciated.

--Vincent
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
3,595
Reaction score
5
Age
40
Bumb:

Please people I don't ask for help often, and i will help you if you ever need it.
 

fbplayer06

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 20, 2004
Messages
193
Reaction score
1
Age
38
Look at it this way:

You're a senior.

If you date someone from ANY class in your school, you probably won't marry them or anything; you'll just have a good time, right?

So, you need to simply say, "F*** it!"

Get out there and go for it.
 

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
3,595
Reaction score
5
Age
40
Thanks for trying but thats not the problem. I'm not looking for a relationship, i'm having trouble being motivated to play any game.

Its really hard to explain, but when i'm at school i don't even think about playing my game, but when i'm not around people i do. Its really hard.
 

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
1
You've possibly lost hope in the human species?

I feel you if that's the case. Happy without a relationship but wouldn't mind having some one close to you. All a question of finding some one worth it eh?

Patience is the answer. You may only have 3 months left but patient....

Lik
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 30, 2003
Messages
2,300
Reaction score
17
Location
Where I be at
Hmm I think I know what you want. You want that feeling where you just enjoy getting to know others, peeling past their rough exterior and finding the things no one else knows.

For me when I wanted to get something done in school and procrastinate, I'd hate coming home because I'd be isolated and run that same thought over and over in my head, so I know where you're coming from. The key for me was (when in school) remember how I felt at home, and why, and act upon it. Try writing a note and sticking it in your bag on your feelings when you get depressed at home.

You could always build rapport with the chicks in your year, and hope that they introduce you to some of their friends from out of school...
 

nestea16

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 22, 2002
Messages
75
Reaction score
0
OMG man this post shocked me, i am in the EXACT same position as you. Im a senior and have like 3 months left and when i don't try to approach at school i go home and get angry with myself.

I don't know what it is, but im having a hard time getting over this hump.
 

triple_ultima

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 1, 2002
Messages
211
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
South Orange, NJ
I'm Vincent's friend in real life and I seem to having the same problem as well, though possibly not to the same extent. I think it might be a severe case of senioritis - we'll be leaving soon and, as such, we have no real interest in trying anymore. Although this may be the case, it frustrates me to no end. Every day I go to school and see the same people, do the same things, and nothing interesting or new ever happens. I know everyone and either have become friends with them or severely dislike them.

Since we live in a relatively small town, there is literally NOTHING for people our age to do at night and on the weekends. The only thingt that high school students do around here is cruise up and down the main drag, which is coincidentally the street I live off of. Since neither me nor Vincent are into cruising, we have no feasible way to meet new people.

It really seems to be a Catch-22. I want nothing more than to go out and meet new people, but there is simply nowhere for me to go in a town where I don't fit in. Everyone that lives here are either thugs or surfer/skater types, and I belong to neither group. Next year I'll be going to the New Jersey/NYC area, so I'll meet plenty of people there, but I wanted to do more things here before I left.

My situation is supremely frustrating, and seems to have no apparent solution. I have a life outside of meeting chicks, so I can't spend all my time sitting in one place or driving around simply to meet more girls.

I'm not sure if anyone can help me. I guess I really just needed to vent my frustration. If you have suggestions though, let me know. If not, I guess I'll just wait until next year...
 
Top