Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Motivation for running at 4 am in the morning at 35 degree weather.

Travel memoir21

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So I slept at 7:30 pm yesterday, just got my 7 hours of sleep.

I told myself I'd be working out early in the morning from now on to do some running, push ups and pull ups etc at the park, then take a hot and cold shower, do some spiritual reading and then make some breakfast for a productive morning.

Anyways, any motivations and good reasons why I should be doing this more consistently? The weather outside should definitely wake me up lol . Go!

I'd appreciate it. Thanks

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Motivation for running at 4 am in the morning at 35 degree weather.
Passion (motivation) doesn't get the work work done; consistency and showing up, (discipline) no matter of your mood or weather (wherever excuse you tell yourself), is what breaks the ice and creates the results. It the compounding effect of showing up everyday that makes the difference.

Set the alarm clock to the time when you need to get to bed and then another alarm for then you need to get to work at the gym.
Do not break it this schedule and do procrastinate e.g. use snooze alarm etc. Stay focused and just do it even if your brain tells you 'I don't feel like it' then tell your brain to f'uck off and do it anyways.

Also treat the gym as work. Don't overstay your time there and doing like most people do.
They do everything else but training and completely waste time on browsing the internet, texting, using social apps chatting e.t with their cellphone instead of doing the work.

So your training pass should be the opposite:
  • Get in focused
  • stay max an hour or so, doing the work (and don't use the phone for anything which isn´t training related e.g. training heart pusle/tracing etc),
  • and get the f'uck out as soon you done the hour.
Rinse and repeat with discipline to never procrastinate again.

TheProspect

Reaction score
Anyways, any motivations and good reasons why I should be doing this more consistently? The weather outside should definitely wake me up lol . Go!
Builds self-discipline. You're not going to feel like getting up every time that alarm clock goes off at 4am. But through repetition it will get easier, your body will adapt, and eventually it will become a habit. Being able to stick to a sleep routine consistently is a real challenge for a lot of people.

Stillness. The world is quieter at 4am. Less distractions = more focus = more productivity. If you get exercise and a lot of other tasks first thing in the morning, it frees up the more of your day later on. Even if you are not looking to have a hyper-productive morning, the stillness that comes with waking up early makes meditation, reading, and a simple walk, a more pleasant experience.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
But through repetition it will get easier, your body will adapt, and eventually it will become a habit.
That's the key.

To start slowly and consistently enough so it's easy to keep going.

Most people have good intentions, but start off too quickly and it is very unsustainable.

10 minutes a day, 15 etc. until an hour or two a day feels very normal.

TB24

Don Juan
Reaction score
Read David Goggins' book Can't hurt me and you'll be glad that you don't have to do his routine. It may help you to use a habit tracker app like Momentum.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Discipline is key. Not motivation. If you know one morning that skipping will make your more likely to skip the next morning, then get the f out of bed and do it!

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
35 degrees at four in the morning? That would be a heat wave where I live.

I've never been a morning person, I envy those of you who are. I tend to start sluggish and pick up energy as the day goes on. I'd love to hop out of bed and go exercise, but I read that a person's blood is kind of sticky in the morning, which makes it more likely to clot, so that's the time you're most likely to have a heart attack or stroke. So I've never felt inclined to push myself in that direction. Late afternoon seems to be my optimum time for exercising.