Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Mothers living vicariously through daughters?

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new.

I work in a restaurant at a shopping mall that is always full of super-hot girls.

I'm sure you've all noticed that young girls are so sexualized/developed these days that it's sometimes hard to distinguish the difference between a 13yr-old and an 18yr old. Girls are developing earlier and average breats sizes are bigger. I'm not complaining; I'll admit to enjoying the view. But my fellow workers and I have often wondered how/why these 12-14yr-old girls are so often allowed to leave the house dressed like sluts. And when they get knocked up, how can the parents be suprised?

I've come up with a theory. Fathers will sometimes live vicariously through their sons, pushing them into sports or whatever. My theory is that in the same way, mothers will also live through their daughters by allowing them to show off their bodies. And the mothers secretly or perhaps subconsciously derive enjoyment from seeing or thinking about men looking at their daughter in a lascivious way.

Thoughts?

StuartScott x 2

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I dunno but being a waiter/bartender is the BEST job you can have if you want to meet/hook up with girls. It also does wonders for your confidence.

Lionheart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"My theory is that in the same way, mothers will also live through their daughters by allowing them to show off their bodies. And the mothers secretly or perhaps subconsciously derive enjoyment from seeing or thinking about men looking at their daughter in a lascivious way."

Yes I would agree with this, it's probably from Nature's point of view that the mothers enjoy the fact that their genes and DNA are seen to be of high quality (i.e it produces attractive young ladies) and are of high enough quality to be able to be passed onto a new generation.

Incidentally I read of a study yesterday that good looking women tend to have softer voices, but most importantly that they say that good-looking men, produce higher quality semen.....this is a practical rather than ascethtic reason why good looks are in demand!

Of course nature is a sh1t, and their are plenty of exceptions to the rule, but ain't there always ;)

Aztec

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great theory Howard!

Mothers of these girls probably don't even know that they are doing this.

Reaction score
Working in a restaurant has certainly helped me get better at interacting with all kinds of people, including attractive girls.

I used to swear I'd never work with food. But it's not bad if you work in a nicer type of establishment. I recommend everyone of the appropriate age to try getting a job where you're interacting with people, as opposed to sitting in front of a computer. Find a nice restaurant that is frequented by your age group and you will then get paid for your social/girl-skills training.

As for my theory, I don't think it is in play in every case. Some girls leave the house dressed like an Eskimo and then they pull the sexy clothes out of their purse and change in the mall bathroom. Others have a parent or parents that just aren't any good.
My theory only applies to these. I didn't articlulate it earlier but I was thinking that the issue is perhaps one of selfish parenting:

A father who pushes a reluctant son into something like sports does this so he can watch the son accomplish things that he was unable to in his day, or is unable to do now. The father already has lived his youth. He had his chance. So I feel it is terribly selfish of him to try to make his son's life his own.

By the same token if mothers are, in fact, taking pleasure in watching their girls get stared at, then I think this can be thought of in the same way. Mom is starting to show her age and can no longer get the looks so she tries to live through her daughter, maybe even without realizing it. In the back of her mind she knows that a 13yr-old shouldn't dress like that, and that it's not going to help her daughter be happy in the long run. But she misses the old days and wants a prop (who probably looks like her) to project herself onto.

GQ Prettyboy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ther are parents who don`t teach their kids about morals and respect anymore. If anything they tell their kids to go to church. Hell, I see miniskirts and tight pants in churches also. It`s hard to pay attention to the service and you see a big ass walking down the isle to the alter.

OddTech

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
True, true. It can also be peer pressure and "media pressure." We all know how the image of sex is so prominant nowadays (in the US at least). I remember they say girls tend to be grouped in herds, like cows. So if one is wearing the latest, sexiest, fad, everyone wants to do the same to show-off and belong. Enjoy the views, buddy.

AKA FLEX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"If there's grass on the field, play ball. If not, flip her over and play in the mud."