Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

More Important Than Confidence Is...!

George Gordon

Banned
Reaction score
Everyone talks about confidence, and how important this is for a man who wants to 'conquor his Romes'. I have yet for someone to explain to me just what it means to be confident, and how this confidence is attained.

Now, I consider myself to be fairly confident in terms of taking action to obtain what I want. But still, we all have our 'bad days' (or bad weeks sometimes). So: why does this happen?

I believe it had to do with lose of control. Yes! *CONTROL*. It has been my believe that self-confidence is the effect of having *complete control of your faculties*- well? what does that mean:

Basically, the conscious awareness of:
(1) the MIND; its ideas and thought patterns,
(2) the BODY; its movements, and finally:
(3) the EMOTIONS; warranting the efficiency of their existence when they arise.

This is easily put into words, but there are so many branches for each of these. Also, they consistently affect each other. I'll just briefly elaborate, and then I hope that other experienced DJs will have their say in the importance of Total Self-Control! and perhaps give some evidence.

1) MIND. When conscious, we constantly think; strings of thoughts. We need *economy*, not large webs, with tangents that confuse us and ultimately inhibit us from achieving our goals. Remove the doubt by the removal of stray thoughts that are arbritrary to your ambition (passion), or other trivial tasks that help you work toward ambition.
----------------------------

2) BODY. Our bodies are perpetually in a position. And when in movement, they follow routines you have (perhaps unconsciously devised throughout life). Again you want economy; directness. Don't hesitate when you move (showing a debate of the mind), don't show what you think, but let your actions show that everything you do has purpose, and, DO IT with efficiency. Virility!

Also important is the voice and speech. The amount and focus of the wind that you use, has a large baring on your social presence. Do not mummble. Which brings us to speed and stress of your speech. Don't be a blabber mouth, and by all means- articulate! Eventually, we find ourselves controling the flow of conversation; cutting off subjects we don't want, and centering in on those we do (without the other person realising what you are doing).
----------------------------

3) EMOTIONS. The last and perhaps most important in the sense of what inhibits us is our emotions, because their state is often an outcome of what we think, and how we hold and move our body. Which! can get even uglier when you are depressed or nervous, etc. due to this, because they in turn have a reaction on the mind and body...Then, we keep juggling back and forth until we've lost complete control of ourselves, and we can't remember how to pronouce confidence anymore.

I know that it can be hard at times, but, when you're feeling like you have lost control, ask yourself if there is a valid reason for it. No! though the odd time there might be, but then you know what your task is.

CONCLUDING this sermon: A Don Juan is someone who works toward gaining control- most importantly of himself, and in so doing, inevitably, others (though they do consent, even if they are unconscious of it). ***We re-program our unwanted personal routines (of thoughts and actions), by being 'Consciously Aware' of changing the routine in question until the subconscious mind absorbs it. (Apparently a habit takes 3 months on the conscious mind, and 6 months more in the subconscious before it is distinguished).***

-George Gordon

Control spawns Confidence!

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Never thought of it that way. In a sense it *is* a sort of chicken & egg thing. Confidence & control feed off each other.

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Very good George, quiet an elaborate and creative peace of writing!! And I would have to say I agree. Although just referring to the title, and the specific aim of picking up girls.

"More important than confidence is...!"

I don't care what anyone says but it is LOOKS!!! Not only do they raise CONFIDENCE by 1000%, they in themselves attract woman like bees to honey!!!!

Sorry to stray off the topic a bit, just had to say it!!! As I have experience both ends of the spectrum!!!

------------------
Life is a game....PLAY IT!!

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, looks are obviously important.

But I think *if* you're above a gal's "acceptable minimum" (which varies greatly from individual to individual) they don't matter so much for LTR purposes.

For instant pickups, though, looks are on the top of the list.

George Gordon

Banned
Reaction score
Jay2, yes, DISCIPLINE! (thank-you), which I think needs FOCUS.