Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Money Issues

GetBetter

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys,

First of all a big thank you to SoSuave for making all the difference in my life - Pickup, Reaing Books, Meditation. As as teen even I was doing more advanced level stuff than most guys in my school.

I come here to you guys for help again, in hopes you can pass your wisdom to me. Maybe I can make this a Journal of my Monetary Progress.

I am working as an Artist right now. Slowly building audience on my Social Media through marketing and posting good content. I know I am going against a lot of odds and people have already told me this is worst thing I can do to make good amount of money - amount of money with which I can travel, live a luxury lifestyle, pickup women in different countries and wear nice clothes - a common man's dream. I have embodied that, I think like that, I act like that as I 100% belive that's what I am supposed to be but in reality, I couldn't be more broke. I can't do jobs because the pay I believe is beneath anyone working those many hours. I want freedom. The broke situation has gone on for too long. I want to break free.

Where do I start? It'd be exceptional if I can make **** ton of money from selling Art, but I have no role models in city I live. The artists I think are thriving are mostly from US I think. Anything helps.

Cheers
GetBetter

GetBetter

Don Juan
Reaction score
what kind of artist? hand-drawing?
Yeah, Drawings and Paintings on Canvases. People are starting to appreciate them very much

sosousage

Banned
Reaction score
im not sure how u want to sell your product through social media. because the people who buy stuff advertised on social media are mainly women and stuff they buy are mainly some clothes and other egoboosting means.

if youre selling hand painted images then you should advertise the proper community in any means you can whether its spamming on reddit from multiaccounts or some other way

i did a quick check for you and in google theres 2400 google searches (so about 2k people) looking for cheap art monthly:

of course there are many more keywords than just 'cheap art' but ranking website in google is very hard process and will take you long unless you find some really unpopular keywords like (especially long keywords) for example 'cheap art denmark' but even that may be too hard

you can create instagram or pinterest but nothing will help you if you dont get audience and steady flow of traffic

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, Drawings and Paintings on Canvases. People are starting to appreciate them very much
No disrespect here but just pointing out that unless I'm mistaken, all the great artists of the past were poor, only became famous after they died and that's when the value of their artwork shot through the roof.

Why don't you still do ur painting on a part time basis while having something steady to get you by?

EyeOnThePrize

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
create some passive income through dropshipping or teach yourself a trade skill that you can charge up the ass for, like welding or massages or something. but every minute you spend away from your art means one less minute spent mastering your passion. harsh conditions will hone you into a strong willed artist. choose wisely grasshoppa.

switch7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys,

First of all a big thank you to SoSuave for making all the difference in my life - Pickup, Reaing Books, Meditation. As as teen even I was doing more advanced level stuff than most guys in my school.

I come here to you guys for help again, in hopes you can pass your wisdom to me. Maybe I can make this a Journal of my Monetary Progress.

I am working as an Artist right now. Slowly building audience on my Social Media through marketing and posting good content. I know I am going against a lot of odds and people have already told me this is worst thing I can do to make good amount of money - amount of money with which I can travel, live a luxury lifestyle, pickup women in different countries and wear nice clothes - a common man's dream. I have embodied that, I think like that, I act like that as I 100% belive that's what I am supposed to be but in reality, I couldn't be more broke. I can't do jobs because the pay I believe is beneath anyone working those many hours. I want freedom. The broke situation has gone on for too long. I want to break free.

Where do I start? It'd be exceptional if I can make **** ton of money from selling Art, but I have no role models in city I live. The artists I think are thriving are mostly from US I think. Anything helps.

Cheers
GetBetter
Can we some examples of your work?

Regarding making it as an artist. I would suggest doing art on the side until it matches your day job income, then you go full time art. Maybe get a job in a gallery/ graphic design/ art sales/ something related where you can network while you work.

Can I ask your age also?

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
try an sell some prints to target or walmart or partner up with a designer to use your art on

GetBetter

Don Juan
Reaction score
im not sure how u want to sell your product through social media. because the people who buy stuff advertised on social media are mainly women and stuff they buy are mainly some clothes and other egoboosting means.

if youre selling hand painted images then you should advertise the proper community in any means you can whether its spamming on reddit from multiaccounts or some other way

i did a quick check for you and in google theres 2400 google searches (so about 2k people) looking for cheap art monthly:

of course there are many more keywords than just 'cheap art' but ranking website in google is very hard process and will take you long unless you find some really unpopular keywords like (especially long keywords) for example 'cheap art denmark' but even that may be too hard

you can create instagram or pinterest but nothing will help you if you dont get audience and steady flow of traffic
Oh wow, why did I never think of that!? I knew that a lot of women buy clothing from Instagram and that's what mostly sells but it never crossed my mind! Based on your insight, I searched for "Buy Art Online" and was thinking of registering on all of them and put my art for sale there. However I thought it would be wise to see their financial conditions before that and apparently a lot of them are on quora asking readers to have a look at their "cool and affordable" art gallery.

No disrespect here but just pointing out that unless I'm mistaken, all the great artists of the past were poor, only became famous after they died and that's when the value of their artwork shot through the roof.

Why don't you still do ur painting on a part time basis while having something steady to get you by?
None taken. I was thinking of the same thing and even took minimal initiative with my idea of opening Social Media Marketing company. However I never took measurable steps to kickstart it.

Can we some examples of your work?

Regarding making it as an artist. I would suggest doing art on the side until it matches your day job income, then you go full time art. Maybe get a job in a gallery/ graphic design/ art sales/ something related where you can network while you work.

Can I ask your age also?
Would be more than happy to share. Have a look here: Painting

I was thinking of same thing but as I mentioned I really do not want to work under somebody where I am working hard for someone else to earn 5x of what I will get. The situation seems like people are underpaid and overused in fields, especially in Graphic Designing. I think it's my Ego. Your idea of going to a place to network is commendable! I am going to try that. Tomorrow's goal is to email 10 Galleries asking for a Job or Internship. I have already applied to multiple Animation and Game Designing companies but either no response or rejection. I can't seem to understand why.

I will be turning 23 soon. My brother who is 18 earns 10x more than me. It's really shameful for me. My mom sees me as failure and no doubt others have similar opinion. Making it as an artist who paints is really hard, but none seem to understand. Oh well...

try an sell some prints to target or walmart or partner up with a designer to use your art on
Another amazing idea! I talked to advertising head of a famous café in my town today to let me display at their place. Apparently some high end income people visit this place. I think I am trying more and more angles and it should be a "click" sometime soon.

The pairing-up-with-designer idea is really sound! Let's do that!

------------------------------------------​
Since this thread, I have mailed to multiple LinkedIn Jobs and most did not revert, and one company that I thought would definitely have me as an Intern also declined. I will mail them asking for the reason.

Also, I have heavily marketed my banner on Instagram and Facebook for Painting Workshop this 20th June. It's unbelievable how many people have liked the post and to how many people it has reached, yet only a fraction has even inquired about it. Also an upcoming Art Newpaper of my country has contacted me for my permission to let me feature my workshop in their Newspaper. It's a big thing. But if no one shows up to my event, it's going to be a big blow to my Image on Social Media. Learning from one of the best colleges in the world, only to be taking workshops to make money, which no one showed up to. Crumble...

I really do not mind making Art a part time thing but no idea comes to mind really. I am open to ideas guys! Anything that brings around $5-7k a month, and freedom to work from anywhere - travelling, staying in best hotels, parties and pickup. Also, jobs that force me to socialize would be great. Art corners me to seclusion and making me introvert or miserable at socializing.

Tasks for tomorrow:
  1. Mail Galleries for Job
  2. Mail 2 Fine Artists asking for help
  3. Find Designers who might be interested in collaboration.
  4. Read Stories of Artists who collaborated with designers and made good money.
I can't thank you guys enough for taking your time and helping another member out!

switch7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was thinking of same thing but as I mentioned I really do not want to work under somebody where I am working hard for someone else to earn 5x of what I will get. The situation seems like people are underpaid and overused in fields, especially in Graphic Designing. I think it's my Ego.

They aren't underpaid, the market dictates their salary. They get paid to do something they love. Unfortunately, everyone wants to get paid for doing something they love and there are a lot of people out there that are good at graphic design, so supply and demand kicks in and the cost of graphic designers is lessened.

Your idea of going to a place to network is commendable! I am going to try that. Tomorrow's goal is to email 10 Galleries asking for a Job or Internship.

Being around other 'arty' people is vital if this is what you want to do. Being an artist can be pretty lonely and also you need that networking capacity. So, good move.

I have already applied to multiple Animation and Game Designing companies but either no response or rejection. I can't seem to understand why.

Because this is one of the most competitive fields in the creative industry. We have 16 to 18 year old kids who can draw and render stuff that is not far off the quality of syd mead or feng zhu. You ever seen the stuff thats produced by the graduates from feng zhu acadamy? These kids pay about 20k to spend a year at that academy, then they will go and work as concept artists for little to nothing, sometimes even unpaid interns. They are doing what they love and for that reason, pay is secondary to them.

Bottom line is you are still young and you still have plenty of time on your side. Don't make the mistake of thinking that a creative job where you get paid little is beneath you, there are 1000's of others who are eager to work for free to get their foot in the door. Keep an open mind, you never know where that low paid gig may lead you.

My ex girlfriends dad worked for free on a tv set making props. He never wanted to make props, he was an artist and a very good one. After a while they started teaching him set design, then he became a set designer and they gave him a salary. Because he was good at art he was able to communicate his ideas clearly, from set design he realised he could now design interiors for any type of building. Then he started producing architectural work and spatial renderings and became very good at it. His passion for painting and art transferred to architectural/spatial design.

Fast forward 30 years later he now designs shopping malls, high end restaurant interiors and exteriors, earns a tonne and is at the top of his game.

------------------------------------------​

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of artists bring in extra income by teaching. Even some of the masters did it. Probably not the way you'd most like to use your time, but teachers often learn from their students also, or just by the act of teaching (helps them organize their thoughts, cements the fundamentals).

GetBetter

Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of artists bring in extra income by teaching. Even some of the masters did it. Probably not the way you'd most like to use your time, but teachers often learn from their students also, or just by the act of teaching (helps them organize their thoughts, cements the fundamentals).
I am taking a Workshop this 20th in my hometown. I have tied up with a café and the owner whom I am on good terms with has promised Newspaper coverage. Also this workshop is bringing in good money. However I really do not see myself wanting to continue this. What good is my education if all I do is be like all other artist and teach to make a living instead of selling for big bucks at galleries? I shall have a new studio soon.

I am not sure how I can have more buyers or be a serious artist until a gallery represents me. That's still going to take some time as I need more pieces for the same.

-----------------------------------------------
Alright now as far as mailing galleries is concerned, I have applied to 3 Major Galleries in 3 different cities. I haven't applied to more as I'd like opinion of you guys if the mail I have written is professional and good enough:

Dear Sir,

Please consider this mail as an inquiry for an Internship/Job Opportunity at XYZ Gallery. I am an Artist myself and currently looking for Job to be surrounded by Art and learn more about Art Market.

Other than being well versed with hands on canvas, have good experience in Graphic Designing, Digital Painting and Video Editing which I might be of some use to the gallery.

Please let me know if my Resume or any other documents are required.

Sincerely
GetBetter
-----------------------------------------------

As I mentioned earlier, I do not mind changing fields now. I can do Art Part-Time. I need something that allows me Travelling new places but is lucrative too. What are my options?

aray808311

Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah i would agree at getting a part time job that pays just enough to cover basic expenses