"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Mixed Signals

StarmanDeluxe

New Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2003
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Ok, guys, you may remember my thread from about a week or so back. So, I patched things up with my ex by essentially going to talk things out being ultra-stern with her. She's started talking to me at every opportunity again.

But, anyway, I don't much care; she's not the point right now. So, this other girl, who's kind of shy, is my current target.

Let me fill you in on the background story, here, first: So, this girl, in her AIM profile, has this crush calculator thing. I figure, what the heck, and I take it. It asks for my name and the names of any crushed. I enter her name, thinking it'll just be an innocent numerology test or something, but, naturally, it's a total trick. It emails her the names I entered. So, once I realize this, I tell her that I do indeed like her, and, at first, she says she's not interested in being more than friends. I pretty much respond with "OK." Keep in mind that, due to extenuating circumstances, this conversation is occurring over AIM.

About three minutes later, an IM from her pops up. "Collin," she says, "I think I really like you."

So, that's cool. We agree to meet the next day.

So, she calls me up about ten minutes before and tells me that she'll be an undetermined amount of time late; she's at the mall with some friends. When she finally does call, it's about 7:15--the date was scheduled for 6:00. She says she still wants to meet, but I tell her that I'm busy at this point--I'm not going to put up with that.

The next day, she pulls me aside and tells me she likes me as a friend, nothing more. Again, I pretty much just say "OK."

Fast forward about three days. Me and her and a bunch of friends have magically bumped into me waaaay more than usual over the past couple of days. We've hung out a lot. So, yesterday, she's wearing this "Kiss Me, I'm Polish" pin. A guy I only know vaguely asked her if she wants to be kissed. She looks at me and says "Yes. No." And turns back to him and says "No, I guess not."

Keep in mind that I'm a real AFC. I'm not quite into that "I'm in it for the sex" mindset just yet. So, regardless of whether it's right or not, I ask that you don't tell me not to put up with this, or something.

Yeah, anyway, I'm thinking she does like me. Any advice?
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 28, 2003
Messages
3,264
Reaction score
22
Location
Keesler AFB, Mississippi
Originally posted by StarmanDeluxe

Keep in mind that I'm a real AFC. I'm not quite into that "I'm in it for the sex" mindset just yet. So, regardless of whether it's right or not, I ask that you don't tell me not to put up with this, or something.
Um, you don't need to have an "in it for the sex" mindset not to be an AFC, but why haven't you done anything? The mindset you should work on is a "man of action" mindset. If you want her, take her.
 

Craig Reeves

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 18, 2003
Messages
519
Reaction score
28
Age
42
Location
Texas, USA
Here's what went down...

When you told her that you liked her, it was a little hard for her to digest, so naturally she would want to shrug off the pressure that you had just put on her, whether she liked you or not. This is why I recommend agains "telling a girl how you feel". You should never do this. So therefore, she LJBF'd you. However, once she thought about it, she realized that she DID indeed liked you. What you could have done was to ask her to think about her answer before she gives you one. This might have helped.

She knew she was going to be late to this date. The fact that she called you beforehand is a good sign. She did tell you that she would be an undetermined amount of time late, and you accepted that. So when she actually WAS late, and you said that you were busy and wouldn't put up with that, you weren't being fair to her because of the fact that you KNEW she would be very late. She got sick of the run around and so she LJBF'd you again.

I don't really see this relationship going anywhere. Personally, I would just move on.
 

Jester

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 6, 2001
Messages
1,949
Reaction score
7
Location
NJ, USA
Originally posted by Craig Reeves
Here's what went down...

When you told her that you liked her, it was a little hard for her to digest, so naturally she would want to shrug off the pressure that you had just put on her, whether she liked you or not. This is why I recommend agains "telling a girl how you feel". You should never do this. So therefore, she LJBF'd you. However, once she thought about it, she realized that she DID indeed liked you. What you could have done was to ask her to think about her answer before she gives you one. This might have helped.

She knew she was going to be late to this date. The fact that she called you beforehand is a good sign. She did tell you that she would be an undetermined amount of time late, and you accepted that. So when she actually WAS late, and you said that you were busy and wouldn't put up with that, you weren't being fair to her because of the fact that you KNEW she would be very late. She got sick of the run around and so she LJBF'd you again.

I don't really see this relationship going anywhere. Personally, I would just move on.

way to repeat what starman said dude....woooo *claps* *applause*


looks like youve got an attention wh0re on your hands buddy boy.

every single word she has said to you and action she has carried out was planned with pathological reason.

Stay away from the psychos bro, i found out that one the hard way lol. not even for sex, nothing, do not get involved, you will regret it if you do.
 
Top