Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Might become a COP

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
I met with the chief of my town and he really wants me to apply... Im seriously considering it... I have a few friends who are in LE and they love it, and make extra money doing security. The starting pay isnt bad, but Im worried about career advancement. How long will it take me to move up the ranks?? A goal of mine is to run for sheriff one day ..........

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
oh ****, well soon have some authority around these fourms....got to stop doing the illigal stuff.

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
You dont really need education to become a police officer. The have county and state ran academy that train officers. Lately, chiefs have been looking for educated officers; theory is- an educated cop has an higher emotional IQ--wont go rodney king on ur arse, makes a better witness, and reporter of facts...

On_the_Top

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The majority of the people are retired police or currently officers (I'll probably be the 6th one in line.) I have been on a few ride alongs and its high stress work, exiciting at times but it takes a high mental and physical toll on your body, specially if your in a major city.
I think you just have to be 21 and have a highschool dipolma(Most fed agencies require a college degree.) In most states you take courses during the time you are in the academy and by the time you get out of the academy you have an associates degree in criminal justice and are certified in that state.

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
academy and by the time you get out of the academy you have an associates degree in criminal justice and are certified in that state.
Not true for MOST states. Here you attend an academy, at the end of the academy you are P.O.S.T certified... I think post stands for peace officer standards and training... To obtain an associates you have to attend an acredited college or university.

The majority of county, state, and city LE angencies follow the above scheme.

The college cop movement at least to crju academics started with--August Vollmer, author of the Wickersham commision report.

Anyway Im thinking of joing the police corp and promising 4yrs of my life in return for reimbursment of all the money i've spent on tuition. I had a friend receive 18k...

As for sheriff--anyone can run everyone just cant win...