"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Meeting parent in LTR

willo

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 5, 2003
Messages
116
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Location
Brisbane Australia
Gfs mother is in town this week; I'm looking for ideas for places to meet also dos and don'ts from people's experience. In the past i meet the parents quite early on with no fuss, so i have no experience in this situation.
We've been together for 5 months
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
Meeting the 'soon-to-be' mother-in-law...hmmmm

Just be cordial and try not to be so tense....be casual and be ready to answer personal questions!

Where to take her? Act as a tourist guide for a week.
 

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 27, 2002
Messages
2,313
Reaction score
2
Location
Moscow
Flowers for the mom will show that you "respect" her daughter.
 

So pimp its scary

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 9, 2003
Messages
1,677
Reaction score
3
Age
44
Location
In the C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh!
It's the FATHERS you gotta worry about.

I had one sic a rottweiler on me (luckily it was trained to not go past the fence door, even though I didn't have time to close it.) so i wasn't actually bit or anything, but its the whole idea that fathers can do some pretty crazy shyt to protect their lil princesses.
 

Cremasta

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 5, 2003
Messages
963
Reaction score
39
Location
Australia
I have always just walked up and said "G'day Mrs gf, nice to FINALLY meet you... want a coffee?" or something like that. Just do NOT walk on eggshells around her. Treat her like an equal. She's not your mother, your teacher or your boss. Be comfortable around her and she will be comfortable around you.

Unless she is a possessive psychotic man-hater, in which case nothing you do will help. So just relax and treat her like a mate.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

willo

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 5, 2003
Messages
116
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Location
Brisbane Australia
Cheers people thanks for the help, I think coffee might be a goer. Wish me luck, I might not even get to see her this week, I'm pretty busy ;)
 
Top