"Nervous Around Beautiful Women? There's a Rule for That"

I could talk to any woman I wasn't attracted to. Charming, funny, relaxed. Then a gorgeous woman looked my way and I'd become a sweating, babbling mess.

The fix took me years to find and ten minutes to learn. Nervousness and excitement are the same physical state — pounding heart, adrenaline, flushed face. Your brain just picks the label. And you can pick a better one.

Rule 16 shows you how. You feel the nerves, relabel them as excitement, and let that energy pour out as enthusiasm. Women notice the guy radiating it. They always do.

Read more...

Mechanical Animals (Duality): Disposable Teens

Joined
May 17, 2003
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
Armageddon
Have you ever noticed how a child (see: infant) acts when in the presence of a mirror? They become fascinated, as they begin to realize what they look like. They have no concept of future hopes and dreams… what other parents and toddlers think of them. All that they know is that they can see themselves, their reflection in the mirror… and they fall in love with it. Then… an unfortunate thing begins to occur, society begins to take away the toddler’s reflection. He must be good in front of other parents now, because what they think of him… is important. He must play nice and share his toys with other toddlers, because what they think of him… is important. His reflection is gone and what has replaced it is everyone and everything else.

Soon… that toddler is now a teenager and now only notices a glimpse of his former reflection when he looks into the mirror. His society begins to shape his self-concept… television creates his image, his friends modify his personality, he struggles to reach societal expectations… his reflection is gone. Does this sound like a familiar story … it should, because it is something that at one point or another has happened to all of us… somehow, while we are going through our lives… we lose our purpose. We find ourselves doing things and have absolutely no idea as to why we are doing them. The answer is simple… we have become a Mechanical Animal.

The Concept (Self)

I speak to various people on the forum on a frequent basis and get a question tossed at me here and there. There is usually one situation that happens frequently that saddens me… it saddens me because it is insulting to the person who asks it. It goes something like this:

“Hey Matrix… there is this girl in my class and I really like her… what should I do?”
To which I reply, “Well… what would you like to do?”
“I don’t know… that’s why I am asking you.”

Is that not the worse thing that you have ever heard? Are you really willing to allow someone who may live hundreds or thousand of miles away from you, someone whom you have never seen nor met… decide your fate? If those of you without religious proclivities do not allow the concept called “God” decide your fate, why would you allow a lowly human to? The answer to that question is quite simple; our “self-concept” is a result of two things… how we view ourselves and how our society views us. Ideally, there is a perfect balance between the two… however, often we are not sure of our opinions of our self… all that remains then is what our society thinks of us.

I think you already realize how terrible such a condition is… but it is something that affects all of us… especially in High School. In fact, High School is probably the breeding ground for this behavior, because it creates the condition that is often discussed among Psychology majors…

Dissonance (Cognitive)

In short, cognitive dissonance is a disparity in the conscious mind between your self-concept and an action (or thought). For instance, I do not consider myself a murderer, so if murderous intentions were to cross my mind at any given point… cognitive dissonance results. My brain says, “Wait a second… I do not consider myself a murderer… what is this doing here?” For obvious reasons, your brain likes to keep the cognitive dissonance to a minimum and force that thought out of your head. Yeah I know… “Revolutions, what does this have to do with me?” I respond to that question, with another question, “Have you ever found yourself doing something that you did not want to do… but did it anyway because of peer pressure?” Most of us will probably say yes to that question, and many of us may say that we felt terrible after we did it… this feeling derives from the fact that the action did not match our self-concept (cognitive dissonance) but was performed anyway.

In these four years of prison that our society calls High School… conformity is abound (and in fact encouraged for regulatory purposes)… with such conformity, it is easy for one to lose sight of just who they are, it is easy for one to become mere shells of their self-concepts… it is easy for one to lose one’s reflection in the mirror.

Treasure Hunting (Self)

This is the part of the post that is really going to suck for most people. I want you to stop… yes stop… and think about everything that you do. Then I want you to ask yourself, “Why do I do it?” Ask yourself why you go to the gym, or why you play football… why you dyed your hair. Do not be afraid or think that you already know the answer… because if you really searched for the answer… it may surprise you. What I am really attempting to get you guys to do is some self-discovery (it is quite necessary… especially as we get to the more practical posts). Oftentimes, we spend far too much time worrying about how someone else is feeling… what someone else thinks. Well… how do you feel? What do you think?

I cannot stress to you how important that moment of self-discovery will be to you people… you will learn more about everything (including yourself) than me or anyone else on this board could ever teach you… happy hunting.

Are you not entertained?

Make your words soft and sweet… in case you have to eat them.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

assassin

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 22, 2004
Messages
117
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Location
California
That post is a work of art man!

Great job.

I find that post really encouraging in my never ending "quest" if you will, to find out who I really am.

keep it coming.
 

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
1
I will spend the day searching and come back!
 

Ballistik

Don Juan
Joined
May 6, 2004
Messages
126
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
Alexandria, VA
Very thought provoking. Luckily, I was able to give two good answers to why I play football and why I dyed my hair. There are plenty of other things, though....
 

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 21, 2002
Messages
1,230
Reaction score
0
Yeah... this post was kinda like an orgasm...

:)

Good job.
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

Steam

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 28, 2003
Messages
40
Reaction score
0
This kind of posts are really opening my eyes thanks u guys really much. Now I can turn around my last to years of high school for the better.
 

R3N3G4D3

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 21, 2003
Messages
141
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Originally posted by Matrix: Revolutions
This is the part of the post that is really going to suck for most people. I want you to stop… yes stop… and think about everything that you do. Then I want you to ask yourself, “Why do I do it?”
Because I choose to.
 

The Antichrist_Star

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 9, 2002
Messages
1,066
Reaction score
3
Age
41
Re: Re: Mechanical Animals (Duality): Disposable Teens

Originally posted by R3N3G4D3
Because I choose to.
Okay, I'll admit... I was waiting for that one.

Still makes it funny though. ;)
 

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
1
Re: Re: Mechanical Animals (Duality): Disposable Teens

Originally posted by R3N3G4D3
Because I choose to.
You choose to as a consequence to an ulterior motive.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Joined
Jun 19, 2003
Messages
327
Reaction score
0
Age
46
Location
NYC
Wow you guys really over complicate sh!t.

Its actually kind of funny to watch. One of the "gurus" posts long masturbatory posts and everyone else shows up right on time to lick his balls and shoot sunshine up his ass.

I am actually glad that none of you will probably ever reproduce! Natural selection at its finest
 

The Antichrist_Star

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 9, 2002
Messages
1,066
Reaction score
3
Age
41
Originally posted by Crotch Sniffer
Wow you guys really over complicate sh!t.

Its actually kind of funny to watch. One of the "gurus" posts long masturbatory posts and everyone else shows up right on time to lick his balls and shoot sunshine up his ass.

I am actually glad that none of you will probably ever reproduce! Natural selection at its finest
I am nineteen, and many of the people here are a few years younger than I am... I do not believe that "reproducing" as you put it is on the top of my things to do list. You are a few years my senior so perhaps that is a higher priority to you than to me... understandable. Long maybe... but if you read a news article at least once a day, this should be a breeze to you... as for complication, I do not see how turning on your brain for a minute or two is complicated at all.

Stop looking at the words... start looking at the message.

Thanks for reading.

BigBrent: Perhaps I used the wrong term... I was really speaking on children around 2-4 (whom I studied during college) they also exhibit some narcissistic tendencies.
 
Top