Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Main Board Creep

Golden Arms

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jay Gatsby
I hoped this wouldn't happen, but it has. In the past few weeks, I've noticed more postings in The Mature Man forum that address issues that are NOT faced by mature men. Here are a few examples:

"I want to date an older girl, what should I know?" by One on One -- who is 22.

"26 and never had a gf ... very depressed about it" by bobob -- who although he claims to be 26, writes (and seems to act/think) like he's 16.

and finally the straw that broke this camel's back:

"Is there a golden rule for the amount of time to get sex?" by TheNonPendant -- who although he claims to be 27, writes about a problem that most 16 year olds usually face.

Overall, I'm a very patient guy, and I used to get a great deal out of The Mature Man forum. What I'm seeing now, however, is a subtle creep of guys from the main board who are: (a) under 25 (sometimes way under 25) but claim to be mature enough to post here, or (b) are over 25 but act, write or have problems like those faced by men under 25.

While I'm sure that these types of posters "deserve" (which is probably too strong of a word) an answer to their questions (which can likely be found in the DJ Bible or by using the search feature), I do not want to read such questions in The Mature Man forum. I come to this forum to get answers to my questions, or to answer questions from MEN who are much like myself, namely, mature, have a career (or a plan for one), and most importantly, know the basic psychology of how to deal with women.

I'm not one to make idle threats. If the moderators of this board want to allow such posts to continue, then perhaps it's time for me to find a new board.
Answer this for me - is there is somebody in your house that's putting a gun to your head and making you read these threads you don't like so much ?

LogicalOptimist

Don Juan
Reaction score
An idea would be to make this forum "hidden" (ie: impossible to access like the Mods forum, but isn't even visible on the front page) to anyone who:

• is not logged in
  • doesn't have a valid number (decimal or integer) in the Age and/or if the Birthday doesn't correspond to it
  • has a valid Age/Birthday but is lower than 25

Or maybe just make the forum read-only for those matching the above conditions. Or maybe users below 25 can't start new threads.

I'm aware of the irony of my suggestion, since I'm only 24 and some change, but still.

Still, given any sufficiently determined troll, in a free and anonymous system, it's just a matter of time until he once again pollutes the signal to noise ratio...

Young folks can ask the elders for assistance to be certain, but that's what PMs are for. High school and early college kids using the Mature Man forum to solicit older men's advice is not using the forum for it's correct intention. Neither is kids lecturing or correcting adults in either ignorant, misinformed, or perceptively irreverant ways.

To be fair, the elders shouldn't abandon the regular discussion forum either, since doing that contributes the "blind leading the blind" effect. Lots of students in the regular forum, but no teachers.

princelydeeds

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The tough part about the main discussion forum is the mass amounts of immature, stupidity that passes for knowledge. One can only argue with know it all, 20 year olds so many times before you give up the good fight. The fact that many choose stupidity and defend it vigorously makes it annoying to post there.

There is a gentleman who posts on themain board, I believe he may even have something in the DJ bible, his advice seems to be respected by many. I hate almost everything he says, but a bunch of morons defend him vigorously. He talks about success with women and then posts he's only been with three women lifetime. Not bragging, I was with three chicks last week. I don't equate volume of conquests with success but honestly what can this dude teach me about women?

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by princelydeeds
The tough part about the main discussion forum is the mass amounts of immature, stupidity that passes for knowledge. One can only argue with know it all, 20 year olds so many times before you give up the good fight. The fact that many choose stupidity and defend it vigorously makes it annoying to post there.

There is a gentleman who posts on themain board, I believe he may even have something in the DJ bible, his advice seems to be respected by many. I hate almost everything he says, but a bunch of morons defend him vigorously. He talks about success with women and then posts he's only been with three women lifetime. Not bragging, I was with three chicks last week. I don't equate volume of conquests with success but honestly what can this dude teach me about women?
I take it you mean either Pook or Pap?

bobbob

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Jay, you're flat out an idiot, no two ways about it. There was nothing wrong with the grammar of any of my posts, nothing wrong with the subject matter, and nothing inappropriate about the post.

This is a forum for MEN OVER 25. Meeting your criteria for a good post is not relevant.

Some of us don't want to deal with women with kids, etc. If that's your deal, good for you. Peace

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My bad short timer

Sorry about the rant ST.

Had yet to have my morning coffee :D

Reaction score
It does seem that this part of the board is getting infested with immature questions as sited by the orginator of this thread.

When this room first opened up I felt a sense of relief from the immature brats who wanted to call me older guys names such as big chill and a host of others.

This has been the only reason why I even come back on this site anymore. To chat with older and more mature men.

If I wanted to see ridiculous problems like those posted on the main board then I would go there. It's no problem for me if the younger ones come here and watch....but as far as spitting some advice...hell nawwww.

The problems that we face, they will one day face also. But comeing here for our help on getting your first date actually belongs on the main board. When I saw the post about a 27 year old who has never had sex....I grew greatly disappointed in this part of sosuave.

At 27 there is no reason for this problem to exist, with the tools that are available on this site..ie the bible and doing a boot camp.

That poster needs to "do" and not "ask".

I do hope the mature section doesn't loose it's flavor by allowing younger posters a voice in our world. And if that poster mentioned above really is a kid...be damed with him!!! Off with his head!!!!lol.

:mad: :D

Survivor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Moved to Anything Else.... :rolleyes: (j/k)

Seriously fellas, I just got back from vacationing in the Real World. I got to talk to real people with real names and real personalities. I got a chance to work at a real job, get a real education to a real prestigious graduate school and start my own real small business. Heck I even got to have real sex (more than once) with a real woman (my wife)!

The Real World is a great place. I highly recommend it. A few of you should visit the place sometime. In fact, I might be moving there permanently soon...

Anyway, back to modding I go. Heaven forbid I be allowed to live in the Real World and have a Real Life! Now, we can't have mods that actually apply the principles of this site and enrich their own lives, can we? Ohhhhh noooo!

Last edited:

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Survivor
Moved to Anything Else.... :rolleyes: (j/k)

Seriously fellas, I just got back from vacationing in the Real World. I got to talk to real people with real names and real personalities. I got a chance to work at a real job, get a real education to a real prestigious graduate school and start my own real small business. Heck I even got to have real sex (more than once) with a real woman (my wife)!

The Real World is a great place. I highly recommend it. A few of you should visit the place sometime. In fact, I might be moving there permanently soon...

Anyway, back to modding I go. Heaven forbid I be allowed to live in the Real World and have a Real Life! Now, we can't have mods that actually apply the principles of this site and enrich their own lives, can we? Ohhhhh noooo!
We can't? *Calls up girlfriend* Guess I ain't getting any anytime soon if moderators can't have a life. :rolleyes:

Also, very late congratulations on the wedding. I knew I forgot to do something.

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He got married?

First question, why did you get married at 28?

Second question, what are you doing on the DJ site now? If you're married, you've taken the first steps to AFCland.

Then again, if you stay here we can help you get the divorce papers ready and help you take back your manhood! :D

Survivor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Westcoaster,

1. Married guys are men, too. Marriage CAN work as long you (and she) don't have any fairytale preconceptions about it. (more on that in a future sticky that I'm working on...)

2. I remember what its like to be totally confused about women, so I've stuck around to help out.

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know, just be like Bungo and be a married DJ.

All of my married friends except one is an AFC, and seeing a married AFC is painful.

I think you know what you're doing ... DJism (contrary to the main board guys) does work when you're married.

princelydeeds

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by crazykid
I take it you mean either Pook or Pap?
No I truly dig Pook, Pap I'm not sure I know who he is. I was trying not use names. I think flame wars are stupid. Honestly, I can't even recall the guys name. I know he's the guy who always talks about Destini9 (think thats her name).

Crank_It_Up

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sadly, there is no magic age at which one becomes mature...

what I enjoy are ppl who enjoy being students of human behavior, and are always curious as to what makes ppl do the things they do.