Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Lower body only workout routine

BeTheChange

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Injured my rotator cuff over a month ago. I took a week off and then started training again slowly, skipping exercises that involved any shoulder push movements and raises. By this point I expected to be well on my way to recovery but I'm still feeling some pain whenever too much pressure is placed on my left shoulder. I'm wary of exacerbating it as it's already been a month so I've taken the frustrating decision of having 2 weeks off but I don't give up the gym completely.

Was hoping someone may have a lower body split that let's them still gym 4-5 times a week.

switch7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
a - front squats, hack machine squats, leg extensions
b - back squats, leg press, leg curls
c - seated calf raise, standing calf raise, elevated run on treadmill

alternate rep ranges on different days, i.e. if you did a already this week using 5x5, do it using 1 set of 20 for each exercise.

M Musashi

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hypertrophy goals, I'm assuming?

It's difficult to program hitting legs 3x/week with decent volume so I'd personally opt for 2x/week. And it would be counter-productive to hit the same muscles more than 3x. So if you really want to do gym often you would need to throw in some fluff work and spread things out.

Rough idea:

-A-
Squat 3-4x8 (or 5x5)
BSS 2-3x10
Straight leg calf raise 3-5x8
Bent knee calf raise 2x15
Ab Wheel 3x8 (increase difficulty with TUT)
Fluff

-B-
RDL 3-4x8 (or 5x5)
Reverse Hyper or Back Extension 2x15
Ham Curl 4x8 (hamstrings responds well to explosive, lower reps)
Straight leg calf raise 3-5x8
Bent knee calf raise 2x15
Fluff

Fluff ideas: core endurance, tibialis anterior, adductors, abductors, unilateral balance work, sprints, prowler.

AXBXAXBX

Ideally you wouldn't deadlift directly post squat day due to glute overlap. To avoid that while getting max frequency you would do one day on one day off, the obvious annoyance being this runs on a 8 day schedule and it's annoying to shift each week.

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have had several Rotator Cuff injuries.. Luckily there are methods to speed up the recovery!

First.. Hot and cold treatment.. You can get hold of gel packs.. Heat one of them, and freeze the other.. Apply them on your shoulder in upto 3mins intervals.

This method will definitely help it heal quickly.

Also look into Dynamics Blackburn excercise.. There are videos on this on You Tube.. Really helped me with stretching and strengthening the injured area!

Purchase some resistance bands, and focus on stretching and strengthening the area!

Give atleast two months.. I am sure you will feel much better!

Last edited:

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Smolov squat routine performed over 10-12 weeks will add leg and overall power if you haven't done it