Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Looking for advice from you wise older gents

dk1990S111

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a really long story but I will try to make it short. Just need advice on how to deal with someone like this and maybe you guys have dealt with this kinda bs in the past. About 2 months ago now a guy that specializes in aftermarket parts for my car says he needs to make some parts and needs a car like mine to use as a template basically. He also says that while he has it he will look into a few little issues it has so I tell him sure.

The last few weeks he has been telling me he will have it done, I schedule with family/friends to drive me there (its about an hour drive one way) and then the day comes and he tells me hes not done with it. He has been doing all kinds of other projects, even going out of state to work on another car while mine sits in his shop collecting dust. At first he says he will have it ready Saturday the 8th. I schedule with my buddy to take me out there. Day before I verify it will be ready and get a reply back that his other project is taking longer than expected and it will now be Sunday at the earliest. Wait until Monday and ask him whats up, he says he will have it done Tuesday the 11th, so I tell him that I will plan for Wednesday then. Schedule with my mom to go out there after work. Wednesday morning comes and I get "Still not done with the car" and that he didnt get much done the day before. He then asks if I want to come Saturday morning to pick it up and go to a car meet with him and a friend of his. I tell him that I was already planning on going to this meet and because it is at 7 AM an hour from either of us, I will need it Friday night to make it to the event. No way I would ask someone to go with me at 5:30 am latest to go pick it up. He focuses on the meet and I ask again about Friday night and he says it will be fine. So i have now scheduled with my friend again for Friday night.

At this point I'm pretty pissed that it is his last priority to get my car back to me and instead is still using it to make parts with. Not much I can say though at the moment because I dont want him doing a sh1t job when he does put it back together. I will check with him tomorrow morning, if he tells me it won't be done I am about ready to lose it with him.

What would you say/do if you were in my shoes?

Swampcamel

Don Juan
Reaction score
I would've told him just how much he's putting you and others out with his lack of accountability on it. I would've told him the first time he didn't meet his deadline that if he wanted to keep holding on to it, at the very LEAST he needed to provide you with an alternative vehicle and that if he missed the next deadline, you'd be taking it back. Classic case of someone taking your generosity for granted and walking all over you. Being nice about it is just going to encourage people like that to take advantage of you again in the future. Don't have to be mean, but you have to be authoritative and call the shots.

dk1990S111

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would've told him just how much he's putting you and others out with his lack of accountability on it. I would've told him the first time he didn't meet his deadline that if he wanted to keep holding on to it, at the very LEAST he needed to provide you with an alternative vehicle and that if he missed the next deadline, you'd be taking it back. Classic case of someone taking your generosity for granted and walking all over you. Being nice about it is just going to encourage people like that to take advantage of you again in the future. Don't have to be mean, but you have to be authoritative and call the shots.
Thanks for the reply man, problem is that financially it doesnt make any sense for me to pick it up until hes done. Its a supercar so a little more expensive to work on than your average car. Would be atleast a grand for a shop to look at it and get started fixing whatever he left undone.

Told him just this morning that I need it back together and flawless by Friday at the latest and he just says he's going to work on it today and "hopefully it is squared away. not looking forward to it :(" and then asks if I want to come help. Cant believe he has the nerve to even ask.