Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Long Post About A Small Success

Dignan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well after reading Geno's message, I'd thought I'd post my first success since I started visiting this site two months ago. I've been a classic AFC,(20yrs old, few dates and no real realationships) and I've been slowly soaking up the massive amount of information to be found here without acting on it. Then last week I was shopping for a father's day gift in the local mall and decided to start putting some of what I've learned to work. I initiated several conversations with cute girls my age with no attention of getting a number, but rather just getting comfortable approaching strangers (a huge jump for me). Eventually I went to a shoe store and had a conversation with girl working there, but wasn't getting a good vibe, so I left her alone. However, the cashier was much cuter and I got much better vibes. After a brief talk, I browsed around some more, picked up something for my dad, and then checked out at the cute girls register (of course!). At the end of it, I told her to give me her phone number, that we should get together sometime... and she gave it to me! This is the first time I've done a cold approach like this and even more amazingly, it actually worked! Because she hadn't been quite as warm when I asked for her phone number during our second conversation, I thought I had potentially gotten a fake number, but I was completely psyched that I had actually asked some girl I just met for her number! Well I called the number five days later and it was her real number! I suggested we get something to eat Thursday or Friday, and she said she was going to be out of town Friday, but that she'd call me back about Thursday. I'm pretty sure this might have been just a polite brush off, but like I said, I must have done something right in the first place just to get her number so I am really pumped and ready to get some more numbers!

Things I Learned

Great way to start a conversation: Since Father's day was the upcoming weekend and I was shopping for my dad, I asked cute girls in the mall and store assistants what they had bought there fathers; a great legitimate way to start a conversation with complete strangers and learn something personal at the same time (can applied to all holidays and birthdays)

When I asked the girl for I her number, I didn't ask for it, I told her to give it to me; "We should hang out sometime, give me your number". Now I was nervous as hell when I did this and I'm sure it didn't come off as ultra smooth, but I think the way I phrased it was key as has been discussed before.

When I called her I gave her two options(thurs/fri) for a date

Mistakes

I think I came off as nervous on the phone which could have been the reason for the brush off (didn't have a good enough conversation before asking her out, and maybe needy)

When she told me she couldn't go out Friday and would call me back about Thursday, I accepted. I should have said, "Don't worry about it; maybe some other time" and then ended the conversation. Always keep control!

Summary

Holy crap, this stuff really works! A tentative first step on the road to Don Juan-dom. Remember guys, every attempt is a success because you're learning every time you try! Thanks for all the great tips and the stories; this forum is the most supportive I've ever seen!

DocFrankeinstein

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
nice job man

------------------
If you take love as a crazy gamble
Throw your dice, take your chance
You will see it from a different angle
And you two can join the dance