Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Long boring post, don't read unless at boring job

gentleman193

Don Juan
Reaction score
Looking for some confirmation I did the right thing here. At first glance it seems like I'm becoming a flaky jerk, but read on, if your boss isn't around.

First, I stopped returning calls to the married high school friends around town. Never really liked these guys that much back then so why hang with them now? The convo is boring, all about their dumb azz job, like I care (I work for myself), and there are never any attractive single women in our group. Worse, they have nothing but negative sh-t to say about the single girls we do run into, mostly offbase stuff, which I suspect is b/c they know it's all off-limits for them, it's almost like c-ckblocking. Or maybe it's for the wife's benefit, too. So I'm getting nothing out of these nights, why keep doing it, right?

I just feel a bit guilty since I've known these guys forever, been to their weddings, etc. etc., and I actually ran into one guy's mom the other day and she mentioned how I never call her son back anymore and I should call him. But, really, why? The only fun thing about that guy is chilling with his wife, who I would f-ck in a minute, and who seems to feel the same way about me, but I've known his family a lot longer than she has and I'm not going to go there. I met her hot college roomies, but they were both in LTR's, so it's a dead end.

Second, got a call out of the blue from some girl who who got my number from my dad, somehow. She sounded nervous and weird. I had "company" at the time and told her I'd call her back but never did. I can't imagine messing around with anyone who is friends with my parents. And if she's attractive she's not going to be cold calling men, am I right? Besides that, it sounds like she has a really boring 9-5 job which I hope to never have again or be involved with in my short time on this planet. Anyone miserable enough to read this crappy post knows why.

Third, and maybe worst, I declined to go to my college buddies wedding. Mostly b/c he's marrying a rotten b!tch. It's a complete AFC puzzy-whipped situation, the man could do 10x better, everybody knows it. Most ppl tried to break them up long ago, now they are just going to pretend that it's "for the best". I never tried to interfere or say anything bad about her back then, but he emailed me that he was sending out invitations and wanted my address, and I emailed back to say congrats and ask who he was marrying, kind of flippantly, and he emailed that it was her, of course, and then I never replied. I really feel like going up there and protesting at the right part in the ceremony where they ask about that but knowing her she's made sure they cut that part out. The guy is brilliant, rich, cool and self-made, but worthless as company anymore, and we are talking the past five years he's been that way. Maybe I'll regret this down the road. But maybe by then he'll realize who his real friends were. Meantime, though, I'm getting a lot of heat from the rest of this crowd, ppl I usually see only once a year, but I knew very well.

But overall I just feel like life would be too boring to stick with the same old ppl as they get more and more tied down. I've made the effort to meet new ppl through other activities and make my life more interesting. For example, tom. night I'll be performing in a nightclub with one of these groups, not exactly a headline show, but still something which none of these ppl would *ever* do or even understand. I feel like these old ppl just bring me down now to where I was years ago and make me depressed. It's better to just let the ties slip away for now. Kind of feels bad, though. I think that's why I posted it here. Thanks for reading

MackJr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing.

(I know, sounds like what New Age chicks say :))

Hey, as you change you will lose or leave some friends and that's fine, but it sounds stupid to ignore the girl just because she came from your Dad. Check her out first, there's no major risk. The whole idea that "if she has to cold-call guys, she's no good" is a way of sabotaging the number of women you can be with. you're saying effectively that if a woman isn't hard to get, she's not worth it. Women think that way, but we don't have to.

Other than that, be well.

gentleman193

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, you're right about that girl, MackJr, but you are talking to the absolute master of sabatoge when it comes to women interested in me. I always find a reason. For that matter, I really can't stand anyone who seems to like me too much. It's always been the kiss of death in any relationship, romantic or otherwise. Reminds me of Groucho Marx's, "I don't want to belong to any club that will have me as a member."

Hmm, maybe I just need a big New Age group hug :))