Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Letting Her Talk About Her Past Men

TechnoScotch

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've seen this mentioned multiple times already, that a man shouldn't let a girl talk to him about her other men or her past men. So I have two questions:
  1. What is the logic behind it? Is it still important to lay down this rule, even if I'm with the girl just for the sex, and am not contemplating anything serious/monogamous/long term with her?
  2. In practical terms, what does forbidding this to her sound like? What are some acceptable ways to communicate this to the woman?
Thanks.

Skyline

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m not sure who’s advocating that but I ask why her last relationship failed to help learn her as a person.

For example, the girl I used to talk to said that she broke up with him because he was too manipulative. He would make her feel bad for bringing up things she had an issue with.

That tells me that she is easily fooled/manipulated and that’s probably what attracted her to begin with.

But if she brings it up on her own, I wouldn’t tread too deeply. Asking why they broke up is enough information for me personally.

It really all comes down to if it crosses your personal standards. If it bothers you then enforce it.

Serenity

Reaction score
What is the logic behind it? Is it still important to lay down this rule, even if I'm with the girl just for the sex, and am not contemplating anything serious/monogamous/long term with her?
The logic is that it shows she's not over her past if she has the need to talk about it. Well, there's a difference between mentioning the past once or twice if the conversation happens to move towards that topic and bringing it up regularly. In my opinion it's fine to tell, but it shouldn't be necessary to talk about it more then once or twice.

This rule isn't very relevant for short term, you're not really investing at that point so it doesn't matter as much that she's been fvcking around.

In practical terms, what does forbidding this to her sound like? What are some acceptable ways to communicate this to the woman?
If she brings it up too many times just state what you feel. Say you don't like her talking so much about her past, take note of her reaction and go from there...