Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Let's talk about game in NYC, calling all NYers.

Reaction score
I live in NYC and am fortunate enough to be in Manhattan, it is all opening up so I am really happy about all of that. Currently more in uptown than downtown and hear that there can be some hidden gems in this area. Over the years though, I have seen stuff change in this city to a degree.

I think it could be due to tech boom where tech companies moved here but it has become more of a sausage fest. Traditionally, the Meatpacking District used to be good but in 2019, I saw it get swarmed by PUAs and tech bros as opposed to hot girls. Even your typical girl had been hit up and spam approached so much that it became more of a group thing than just going out to meet women as usual. I hear the LES can still be decent.

Sometimes I do wonder if the city's best days are behind it though because ever since it got hyped up for its good gender ratios and the place to be for a single guy, we have had so many more dudes more here from crappy game areas like Toronto and San Francisco. Unfortunately, the women have moved here from those crappy areas too so you get more Karens and SJWs in the city from San Fran now.

Funny article here too:

In2theGame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women are everywhere here. You just have to go to the right places. I agree that things change around the city, for example, in 2012-2014, I used to frequent the sutton place area and that area would be PACKED! with girls. Now, it's a ghost town and in fact very few bars remain from before. The Murray Hill area has a lot of Women that go out to the bars.

Meatpacking used to be amazing but it seems that died off around 2014 IMO. LES has a lot of action with girls and West. The Women are out there, you just have to find where they're hanging out. Plus it also depends on what type of females you're looking for. Young college types, middle aged types or older Women (30+).

It also depends on your vibe. Clubs, Lounges or bars. There's just so many places but once you locate the area, it's all an abundance of opportunities.

Guy69JackBlue

Banned
Reaction score
I've only been to NYC twice in my life.

But my perception was that you'd find hotter girls randomly on the subway than you would out at clubs. I walked through Meatpacking district and I guess that type of fake sh1t doesn't appeal to me.

Reaction score
Women are everywhere here. You just have to go to the right places. I agree that things change around the city, for example, in 2012-2014, I used to frequent the sutton place area and that area would be PACKED! with girls. Now, it's a ghost town and in fact very few bars remain from before. The Murray Hill area has a lot of Women that go out to the bars.

Meatpacking used to be amazing but it seems that died off around 2014 IMO. LES has a lot of action with girls and West. The Women are out there, you just have to find where they're hanging out. Plus it also depends on what type of females you're looking for. Young college types, middle aged types or older Women (30+).

It also depends on your vibe. Clubs, Lounges or bars. There's just so many places but once you locate the area, it's all an abundance of opportunities.
I have been out to Murray Hill a good bit (lol The Gem) but I find that it is very cliquish and it tends to be more guys than girls. Arguably one of the tougher areas to pick up because women seem stuck up and less receptive in general, it is like being in a college frat party where everyone is with their clique and there seems to be some sort of popularity contest. Never had much luck there except for a handful of times. I get similar vibes with West Village (Galway hooker and Fiddlesticks).

As much as folks complain, I feel like I have had my best luck in popular places like PhD, Le Bain, and Mr Purple. Easier to hear people and you hear more tourists and people outside of NYC living there than cliquish locals.

Now as for crowds and types of women, I am really trying to avoid Long Island Trash as I cannot deal with ratchet Italians that cause problems everywhere they go and their women suck too. In general, I hate that bro-ish, try-hard, and overcompensating culture that exists in places like Jersey and Long Island so I want to avoid people from that area and want as less of those as people in Manhattan lol. I find locals in the UES and actual 5 boroughs (except for Staten Island, it is a dump) much more pleasant to deal with.

My ideal spots would have a lot of women local to NYC (Manhattan, not some suburban sh1thole), living in NYC but from other parts of the country, and a lot of Euro girls. As less Bridge and Tunnel suburban trash as possible.

Reaction score
Come to think of it, I find that the most common women I run into NYC are:

1. Women from the midwest or southern states who are living here for their 20s.

2. Women who grew up here but more in the UES or UWS, they are the ones who you find in the exclusive low key spots.

3. Women from Long Island, clearly the worst.

4. Foreign women, especially European, but they are quite rare in comparison to American women for a city like NYC.

Crissco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im in NYer also, long island to be exact and honestly havent really been to the city in a while so im not so sure about game out there anymore. And yes LI is the worst, i def dont fit in here at all.

Reaction score
Im in NYer also, long island to be exact and honestly havent really been to the city in a while so im not so sure about game out there anymore. And yes LI is the worst, i def dont fit in here at all.
Dude, I am so so so so sorry, you gotta get out of there. I moved to NYC a few years ago from a red state where people get married and have kids by 25. Long Island is like that one part of NYC that desperately wants all of its benefits while simultaneously dissociating itself from the city and its culture. The most unfortunate part is that its sleazy awkward meatheads and plastic dolled up 6s known as Long Island girls pour into parts of the city on the weekends, especially the LES at time.

Truly one of the most messed up places in the northeast. Full of ratchet Italians, middle class wannabes, and losers with an inferiority complex towards Westchester County because they are middle class at best.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Come to think of it, I find that the most common women I run into NYC are:

1. Women from the midwest or southern states who are living here for their 20s.
I don't NYC is attracting that subset as much as it did prior to the Great Recession. Dallas and Houston are attracting a large share of that audience from Southern states now due to relatively strong economic indicators and lower costs of living.

Crissco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, I am so so so so sorry, you gotta get out of there. I moved to NYC a few years ago from a red state where people get married and have kids by 25. Long Island is like that one part of NYC that desperately wants all of its benefits while simultaneously dissociating itself from the city and its culture. The most unfortunate part is that its sleazy awkward meatheads and plastic dolled up 6s known as Long Island girls pour into parts of the city on the weekends, especially the LES at time.

Truly one of the most messed up places in the northeast. Full of ratchet Italians, middle class wannabes, and losers with an inferiority complex towards Westchester County because they are middle class at best.
Want to hear the funniest part? Im Italian haha, but honestly man, i dont fit in here, im an over thinker type of guy whos just trying to build a good business and support myself, but i do agree on a lot of what you said. BUT me being older now (33/34) i can care less about all of that, it is what it is, i accept it, time to move on, move the heck out of here

Reaction score
Want to hear the funniest part? Im Italian haha, but honestly man, i dont fit in here, im an over thinker type of guy whos just trying to build a good business and support myself, but i do agree on a lot of what you said. BUT me being older now (33/34) i can care less about all of that, it is what it is, i accept it, time to move on, move the heck out of here
My friend straight out of Italy moved to Long Island and then afterwards to Jersey, told me he has never been so embarrassed to be an Italian his entire life since then. Moved to Manhattan after that and things were really good for him there. It's not an Italian thing though, Long Island and Jersey in general just suck. You are dealing with old timers who belong in a Red State stuck in a blue state and probably the biggest try hards in the nation.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My friend straight out of Italy moved to Long Island and then afterwards to Jersey, told me he has never been so embarrassed to be an Italian his entire life since then. Moved to Manhattan after that and things were really good for him there. It's not an Italian thing though, Long Island and Jersey in general just suck. You are dealing with old timers who belong in a Red State stuck in a blue state and probably the biggest try hards in the nation.
Long Island and New Jersey people are known as the bridge & tunnel crowd in New York City.

Both Long Island and New Jersey are a different experience than Manhattan.

Agree with the point on try hards. Long Island, New Jersey, and Phoenix/Scottsdale (Arizona) are probably the biggest try hards in the U.S.

Reaction score
Long Island and New Jersey people are known as the bridge & tunnel crowd in New York City.

Both Long Island and New Jersey are a different experience than Manhattan.

Agree with the point on try hards. Long Island, New Jersey, and Phoenix/Scottsdale (Arizona) are probably the biggest try hards in the U.S.
People use the word Bridge and Tunnel loosely, basically it means anyone not from Manhattan so they have to take a bridge or tunnel to get into the city itself. I personally consider Queens, Brooklyn, and the Bronx to be real NYC (not Staten Island since it is basically a dumpster).

To me, Bridge and Tunnel is more cultural. There is really two kinds of New Yorks.

One is full of rich WASPs/Jews, blacks who gave the city its rap culture, European expats, immigrants that run the Chinese and ethnic restaurants here, and the transplants from all over the country who come here to have the big city experience.

The other is the stereotypical guido trash New York you find in Long Island where everyone is a suburbanite that stays in their clique and looks down on Manhattan while simultaneously wanting to affiliate with it as much as possible. Think suburban trash, guidos, whites that have been here for generations but cling to their heritage while living on the outskirts, and the NY that tries desperately to be like the rest of the country.

To me, the latter is not NYC. Plus the women in the latter group are also more hideous.

Reaction score
So I went out into the city last night, I gotta say, it was more packed than normal. Longer lines to get into places than even before the lockdowns. Looks like people are trying to compensate hard for the year of being locked down now. Some places were relatively chill and tame though and I made out with this one cute chick.

Reaction score
Not sure about what anyone else thinks but man, Williamsburg is so freaking overrated. The women are not down to earth at all and I find that they are more stuck up compared to Manhattan girls. It is this weird mix of weirdos being snotty, not worth it at all and the train situation sucks. I also notice I run into a lot more San Fran transplants than anywhere else in the city so no wonder it sucks.

Coast

Don Juan
Reaction score
Not sure about what anyone else thinks but man, Williamsburg is so freaking overrated. The women are not down to earth at all and I find that they are more stuck up compared to Manhattan girls. It is this weird mix of weirdos being snotty, not worth it at all and the train situation sucks. I also notice I run into a lot more San Fran transplants than anywhere else in the city so no wonder it sucks.
Hey @ Degenerate Haven, great thread, keep it going

Reaction score
Man there must be something about this summer, I am out and jeez, so many cuties. Day-game seems to be the go to though, night game goes downhill.