Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I've never complimented a women

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
For the ladies here...

What do you think of a man who never gives compliments?

Let me qualify, I've never called a women pretty, hot, or anything related to her looks. I have made compliments based on them being smart or having a nice ass. I've always had too much pride and arrogance to do so.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
I like it when a man gives sincere compliments because he means them and not simply because he is saying them in an attempt to get into my pants.

I can smell a phony compliment ploy a mile away. I have no respect for men who do that.

Of all men, I most respect the ones who give the sincere, honest compliments as more of an observation than a ploy.

I don't think I could be with a man who I didn't know really liked how I look. If he never told me, I wouldn't know. Subtlety is best, though...because I can't stand a man who gushes and panders any more than I can stand a man who is condascending and abusive toward women.

In my opinion, the best bet is a guy who is real and genuine...and not afraid to do or say what he thinks or feels.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Wyldfire
I most respect the ones who give the sincere, honest compliments as more of an observation than a ploy.

I think this is ESSENTIAL knowledge! There's nothing wrong with complimenting or being nice if it has no ulterior motives.

Charisma is basically the art of making people feel good about themselves, so if you can pay genuine compliments just to make someone feel good, it makes you a great person to be around.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by diplomatic_lies
I beg to differ.
You're off topic...

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Wyldfire
You're off topic...
I'm just stating women can't tell a real compliment from a false compliment, unless they've been trained in interrogation.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by diplomatic_lies
I'm just stating women can't tell a real compliment from a false compliment, unless they've been trained in interrogation.
Wrong...

You objected to my statement thatn I can spot a phony compliment a mile away.

You basically challenged a statement I made about myself, not about women in general. The post you made was a perfect example why some threads I post on end up being about me.

Now, if you said "I can spot a gold digger a mile away" and I responded by saying "I beg to differ", would you think I was talking about men in general or YOU?

You'd take that comment as an insult to your intelligence and ability to spot insincerity, which is what it would have been.

I pointed out that you were off topic because the author of this thread is a decent, fair guy. I didn't want this thread to turn into yet another case of people insulting me and me having to defend myself. Posts like the one you made is why that happens. Perhaps you didn't mean your post as an insult, but it sure sounded like one to me. If that's not your intent then I might suggest you pay closer attention to what you write.

Paradox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wyldfire,

I don't think that this is particularly about you. In fact let's just drop it.

I'll submit the revised statement that "neither men nor women, in general, cannot tell 100% of the time if someone is lying or not."

Reaction score
Wyldfire,

Lets say the guy thought you had a gorgeous ass and... he tells you! Even if he is sincere, how could you tell? Isnt that the same type of compliment that a guy who only wants to bang you would say?

Wouldnt you still treat him like a jackass? Is there an appropriate time to give such "compliments"?

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
actually if you never gave any girls any compliments, sooner or later one will ask for one.
you know, do you think im fat, do you think im pretty, blah blah.
its totally fishing , but once the fishing starts, you are pretty much obligated to give one if you really do like her and want to continue to see her.
you dont have to overdo it, because overdoing it is bad.

i absolutely hate it when guys just give you tons of compliments on things , especially things they dont know. how does a guy you just met come up with "you are so smart" or "your the funniest chick ever" bs, they dont know that yet.

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
I would think that me being with her would be enough???

Docs

Banned
Reaction score
I like to refrain from the word 'hot', I like to use a lesser-used term called 'cute'.

Why, because the vast majority of guy's I've met over my lifetime when using hot, want to bang her.

Not only do I not have that intention, it is a change from the ordinary. :) I like being somewhat respectful of girls.