Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

It's official, hotornot.com is ridiculous.

nishbuk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay, so we all probably realize that the very premise of a site like hotornot.com is pretty ridiculous if one is trying to get any type of accuracy in their rating...We know this.

But I've always been looking for confirmation of this, so that ppl on here will finally stop using it as place to guage looks. Why, you ask?

It's because guys, more often than girls are more often not considered "universally hot", but rather, can be considered very good looking by one girl, and disgusting by another. This doesn't hold so much for women, as men do tend to be more universally selective when it comes to choosing women based on looks. (There is a clinical study which shows this, but I don't remember where it is. It was in the psych databse that my school has access to).

So anyway, I finally found some solid evidence that hotornot.com is full of shyte with respect to men. Now don't get me wrong, I know where I stand. I'm not a knockout, but I'm not bad looking either. I'm probably around 7-7.5 for most women, but my body is a 9 (would be a ten if I was taller. I'm an elite athlete)

I posted 4 pics. All different pics.

One sitting, hands behind head with a big smile:
Avg rating was 6.7. 50 votes

One standing same big smile, shirtless, six-pack showing, different head rotation:
Avg rating 8.9 54 votes

One shirtless, with my fight gear on, hands in the air jokingly:
Avg rating was 7.9 90 votes.

One showing ONLY mid-torso (solar plexus and up) wearing an Armani suit, 45 degree profile view.
Avg ratin 9.9 50 votes...

I mean wtf...It's not even consistant within 1.5 points.
So finally, as we've been preaching over and over again in this forum, looks are not a deal breaker. If you have sufficient other qualities and you do the best with what you have (great body, clean your skin up, good haircut), you can get above avg. women, even if you are below avg.
Of course there are always some chicks who are shallow, but you don't want that type anyway. So can we have the newbies on this board stop harping about how "they can never get a quality chick because no matter what they do they are just ugly."
Just get someone like those "queer eye for the straight guy" d00ds to fix you up. You just have to do the best with what you got.

italostud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

The Antichrist_Star

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Luveno

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ratings on hotornot are ridiculous.

However, it's a great way to meet hot girls.

You don't have to be put up for ratings to meet people.

BMW

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
they always give you a high rating for some reason regardless of what pic yu put up. Is there a more realistic sight?

BrotherAP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well who knows, maybe Hot or Not is 100% full on right. I mean, if you sat in some gay pose and made a goofy smile and we asked a bunch of girls to rate you, I don't imagine they'd all give you 10s. But then we could put you in an armani suit and ask some girls to rate you, it'd be a lot higher.

As an experiment, we should take an ugly little guy and pose him with a whole bunch of hot babes, I mean like 2 girls on each side, all 9's. We could post his picture like that and test the theory that hot girls make an ugly guy seem more attractive.

h2o

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by BrotherAP
Well who knows, maybe Hot or Not is 100% full on right. I mean, if you sat in some gay pose and made a goofy smile and we asked a bunch of girls to rate you, I don't imagine they'd all give you 10s. But then we could put you in an armani suit and ask some girls to rate you, it'd be a lot higher.

As an experiment, we should take an ugly little guy and pose him with a whole bunch of hot babes, I mean like 2 girls on each side, all 9's. We could post his picture like that and test the theory that hot girls make an ugly guy seem more attractive.
hey, if I have free time I'll photoshop that, and try it...seems interesting

nishbuk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by BrotherAP

I can see the point you are trying to make, and yeah, I think you're right. You're basically saying that context matters. And you are 100% right on I think. So basically I guess the lesson to take from this, is to ensure that the context in which you live your life (be it your looks, your success, your friends, your attitude) should ALWAYS be at a level that will make you a "10". :)

Good post.

AB500

Don Juan
Reaction score
hmm so would the picture I got with the girls at Hooters do anything for my rating? Sounds like an experiment...