Why "Whatever You Want" Keeps You Single

She says the movie looks dumb; you suddenly agree. She tests you with a little attitude; you apologize for nothing.

You think you're being easy to get along with. She reads something else entirely: a man with no edges. Nothing to hold on to. No friction, no tension, no reason to wonder what he really thinks.

The "22 Rules" taught me to push back — playfully, calmly, without needing her approval. Strange things happened after that.

Read more...

It's all about how you play the game.

Rob

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 2, 2004
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
Say you're playing poker and you've get a great hand. Full house.

You KNOW you've got the goods. You KNOW you're going to win.

So what do you do? Well, now you want to win as much money as possible right? Which means you need your opponents to keep betting.

If you bet too much too soon you'll scare your opponents away.

In other words you have to SEDUCE your opponents into investing in you.

Sure, some of them will fold right away. You can't help that. But what you can help is which ones will take your bait and keep playing. If you're overeager, you'll end up with no one to play with.


I'll leave you to draw your own analogies.


Strength and Honour
-Animal
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Top