Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

It is insane that world war wasnt so long ago

sosousage

Banned
Reaction score
When i was younger i thought it was long ago, but now i got older i think it wasnt that long ago at all

ww 2 started 1939 ended 1945. not only during the war, but also between ww1 and ww2 life sucked. was I born 60 years earlier, my life would be sh*t

this is insane. i get to live a live and do whatever i want for 70 years or whatever. oh, and theres also internet and games now.

INSANE !!!

though my life is terrible anyway, i have to say I WAS VERY LUCKY TO BE BORN NOW AND NOT BEFORE

Augustus_McCrae

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When i was younger i thought it was long ago, but now i got older i think it wasnt that long ago at all

ww 2 started 1939 ended 1945. not only during the war, but also between ww1 and ww2 life sucked. was I born 60 years earlier, my life would be sh*t

this is insane. i get to live a live and do whatever i want for 70 years or whatever. oh, and theres also internet and games now.

INSANE !!!

though my life is terrible anyway, i have to say I WAS VERY LUCKY TO BE BORN NOW AND NOT BEFORE
Getting older gives you a different perspective on time. You realize that events you perceived as ancient history as a child were really just a moment ago.

It can also make you realize how brief your life is. It truly goes by in the blink of an eye.

My father served in Patton’s army and was part of his drive across Europe. I can’t even imagine what he went through.

And I remember my father at my age now. I thought he was an old man back then. The arrogance of youth. LOL

-Augustus-

Escaped24

Reaction score
My grandfather fought in ww2. Saw action in Africa and Europe and as far as I can tell from what my father has told me he never really spoke of what he saw or experienced.
I wasn’t as close to him as I should have been and unfortunately a lot of that history is so far out of people’s consciousness that is nearly inconsequential at this point

It’s hard to imagine going through something like that and then come home and resume normal life.

And yeah in my youth I couldn’t imagine being 40 now that I am I realize just how quickly life goes and sooner or later the only thing you’ll wish you had more of is time.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm old enough to remember when there were still a few WW1 vets alive, now all the WW2 vets are 90+ years old and dying off.

I seriously get choked up when I see or hear recounts of the bravery those guys showed charging headlong into nearly certain death, and staying home from the war was viewed with derision. I honor them whenever I get a chance.

And nowdays... you have grown ass men jumping onto counters and throwing a tantrum because they can't have their sechuan chicken sauce.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That generation had everything handed to them on a plate, and pissed it up the wall to now complain about our generation whilst we fix their mess. Which we are doing. Meanwhile they vote to section themselves off from the rest of us.
They behave like the spoiled rich kids that they love to rag on so much. My cousin is living the PhD (poor hungry and desperate) lifestyle right now, and he believes in straight up stealing money from rich people and hates on anyone who has any wealth. It's really pure envy backed up by zero strategy to make any meaningful kind of money. This is what happens when you treat everyone like snowflakes.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They behave like the spoiled rich kids that they love to rag on so much. My cousin is living the PhD (poor hungry and desperate) lifestyle right now, and he believes in straight up stealing money from rich people and hates on anyone who has any wealth. It's really pure envy backed up by zero strategy to make any meaningful kind of money. This is what happens when you treat everyone like snowflakes.
Problem is, it’s gotten so much harder to acquire wealth in the first place. And THAT is because of the boomers. People talk about the rich and poor divide, but that divide was created by boomers. Now there’s so much more regulation on everything, half of the food and water we drink has poison in it just because it’s cheaper to keep it that way (all about making more money), and now inflation and the cost of living skyrocketed. In fact, a lot of it isn’t even because of the boomers if I’m being honest. Gen X was crap, and it’s indicative by some of the retarded posting from some of the people here who born in that timeline. Those people were also partially to blame for things like the rise of feminism and the sexual revolution and all of that. Then they had kids, and raised them with those particular ideologies, and that’s everyone is a ****ing wimp nowadays.

I don’t even hate old people, but a lot of the problems were caused by them. Boomers still know more about life in general than those from Gen X though. I find that the biggest idiots on here, AND in real life have an age range that falls within Gen X. A lot of these people don’t know jack ****.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I never understood the whole "my generation vs. your generation" thing. An individual is an individual, not a monolith.

For instance, a lot of boomers fought for their country too. But they didn't get parades when they got home. That makes them worse than the WW2 generation?

Or to twist it around, were the WW2 generation just brainlessly obedient, wiling to enlist because that's what government said to do? If the war had been unpopular they'd have been treated differently.

Or that millennials are all entitled snowflakes. Etc.

I'm not making my point very well, I probably sound like a retarded Gen Xer. ;) Though I've never even known what that means. How can that define any one person? Young people are always bytching about old people and vice versa, it was ever thus. There's nothing unique about your generation.

Shrubber101

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 46 and my grandfather fought in WW1. never met him as he died before I was born but its mental to think that my own grandad was in the trenches walking towards German machine guns with a bayonette.
My other grandfather was a POW during WW 2 and he went through all kind of stuff.
I feel guilty sometimes about just how easy and indulgent my life is in comparison.
Even though I never knew them I try and remember them when I find myself complaining about meaningless 1st World bull£hit problems.

sosousage

Banned
Reaction score
I'm 46 and my grandfather fought in WW1. never met him as he died before I was born but its mental to think that my own grandad was in the trenches walking towards German machine guns with a bayonette.
My other grandfather was a POW during WW 2 and he went through all kind of stuff.
I feel guilty sometimes about just how easy and indulgent my life is in comparison.
Even though I never knew them I try and remember them when I find myself complaining about meaningless 1st World bull£hit problems.
Previous generations: died in World War 1
Current generations: died in World of Warcraft