Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is sweet another word for nice?

Canadianpimpology

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This girl that is interested in me is always saying how sweet I am. Now, I don't understand why she's always saying this, because at every chance I get, I tease her or use a neg-hit in a playful manner. She knows I'm playing around. I've maintained the challenge of me and mystery aura around me pretty well. She's always telling me how sweet I am at the most random times, and I don't understand it. I guess in a few of the cases she said that I understand why (either I helped her out with a problem or complimented her), but I'm afraid is sweet another word for nice? I hate when girls call me nice. Is sweet better or worse than nice?

markk30

Don Juan
Reaction score
Man i hate that word. The next time she says that you are sweet, respond to her by saying:

Her: Your so sweet.
You: Tasting!

But when i hear that word, i get a little lightbulb saying something like "she doesnt want to fvck". Oh well, look at how she reacts when she says that word.

Markk30

ABM

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
yes, sweet is very nice

reddevil

Reaction score
Yes sweet is the equivlant of being nice. In my experience the more they call you an @$$hole(in a playful manner) the better off you are.

thecraftylefty

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Perhaps the girl knows you're not being sweet (or nice), but in her mind she is saying that about you to give herself reasons to feel interested in you. It's one of those chick things. They'll say something because you're pushing the right buttons, but she doesn't want to let you know what you're doing is effecting her in a good way (for you).

Anyways, the more you worry about wondering whether or not sweet and nice are the same the less time you have to actually make the girl feel attracted to you. Plain and simple. Don Juans do not care if a girl calls him nice or sweet. Nor does he care if she calls him a jerk or *******. He just stays with him game plan. Nothing phases him.

"If your rap is strong it can't go wrong."

thecraftylefty

Kensiko

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i get "ur a jerk" or "ur an *******" all the time from girlfriend.:p

jmm854

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
but I'm afraid is sweet another word for nice?
No. This is huge to clarify. Nice is a term to describe someone in general...their entire personality. Sweet is more of just one character trait that shows up every so often. It doesn't describe a persona.

For example, in the past, I've had girlfriends who called me ****y and a smart ass all the time...a far cry from nice. But under certain circumstances when I was there for her or just showed her how much I cared about her, I'd get a 'you're sweet'.

So if a girl called you sweet, she's not calling you a nice guy.

Luscious

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think something that a lot of people miss is HOW the comment is delivered by a chick.

If she says "You're sweet" with a little smile and that's the end of it, that isn't exactly an 'all systems go for blastoff'.

However, if you get "You're sweet" with a something like eye contact or kino, this is progress. I've been told I'm an "arrogant as*hole" while the chick did a little forearm touch...and yes, subsequent events indicated she was interested. All those little indicators, body language, kino, eye contact...this is where you keep your eyes peeled for them.

Guys, there ARE things that will be said that will scream 'friends zone', and may or may not mean it. However, look at her ACTIONS during the delivery. This can mean all the difference. It's been beaten to death, but I'll kick it one more time: Actions, not words, are what you should be looking at.

payaya

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah sweet does mean nice.

Im more of the jerk type i reckon, but i can be nice as well. When i give girls compliments eg:

Girl "Do you hate me?"

Me: "No way, how can i hate a girl which such a pretty face (while having my hands under their jaw)"

they melt with comments like this.

jtws

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
'sweet' is something i say all the time. Eg : "hey jtws I completed what you asked me to do'. 'Sweet.'

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I kiss closed a girl who said I was sweet after taking her out to lunch so don't sweat it. Just make sure she doesnt refer to you as a "nice Guy(kiss of death)".

Luscious

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by payaya

Girl "Do you hate me?"

Me: "No way, how can i hate a girl with such a pretty face (while having my hands under their jaw)"
This sounds like a keeper. I'm definitely using this one next time she asks 'do you hate me?'

Good stuff.

payaya

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
sometimes if a girl likes you, call you sweet, it can also mean she likes you. Depends on circumstances but.