Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is she pulling back or is it over? (long, but I really need your feedback please)

davelmn2003

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
For those of you who know my situation, yes, I'm talking about the same girl. Here is a little BACKGROUND:

About 3 weeks ago, I and Girl went out on 2 dates (having met earlier at a club when she came on to me, grinded, kissed me on the lips and neck, and kinoed me). Anyway, I admit that the conversations didn't go very well, I think, but on both dates, we went to my place as well as her place. No sex, but we made out big time, kissing for a long while as well as held hands and locked fingers.
Now, we set up a third date. I forgot to call her on Tuesday (for a Sunday date), so I called on Friday, no one answered the phone. Called on Saturday night, no one answered. Called on Sunday morning and afternoon--busy signals mixed with no answer. I know I know, I shouldn't have called so many times...
Anyway, I "bumped" into her on Monday and she said she went to visit her grandparents and said sorry. We set up another date on the coming weekend. And I also got her e-mail that day. Called on Tuesday. No one answered. Stopped calling. Sent her an e-mail on Tuesday night. On Wednesday morning, she e-mailed back, talking about the date and stuff, and said she would definitely call me on Thursday at a specific time. Closed the message calling me "cutie" (btw she also had been telling me how handsome I am on our dates, even in French)

So I thought it was all good. On Thursday night, phone rang. It was not Girl, but Girl's roommate, telling me that Girl would be busy with her exams and then with her trip abroad (which she mentioned to me before) but said she would go on a date with me after the trip (like in July).

PROBLEM:
I absolutely couldn't figure out why, with all her seeming high level of interest, would she do this (the only things I could think of were my phone calls, which stopped before I bumped into her and her e-mail). I panicked and e-mailed her (after a few days) and asked if her roommate spoke for her and whether she still wanted to hang out with me. No response. About a week and a half later, waited for her on her way to school (we walk the same route, there is only one way to get there). We talked, and she still had that shy, high IL look, and we set up an action dates (previous dates involved dinners and going to drink) on Sunday (girls' night out on Friday and a party on Saturday for her). I wanted to see her in person because I suspected her roomate was trying to sabotage us. This was Friday morning. Saturday afternoon, she sent me a short e-mail, saying "unfortunately" she had to cancel "our date" and "sorry" and that she was a "horrible person". She closed with "later"
I decided not to contact her again, but then again, I bulged. 1 week later, my reflections told me that I wasn't bold enough on our dates, because I didn't go in for the sex and she thought I wasn't a "sexual" enough person. So I gave her a call--answering machine picked it up. I left a message saying hello and wishing her good luck on finals. Later I sent her an e-mail saying something like, "why don't you come over this Friday night at 8:00 pm" and I would have some snacks at my place and we would have a lot of fun this time. No response. After two days, I decided that it was over, and I realized I was too up front, too rash, perhaps too rude. So I wrote her an e-mail saying that I realized she didn't want to see me and that I hoped she would remember not as a horrible person but as the fun-loving dancer that she first saw me.

That was two weeks ago. I never contacted her again. It was only after all these stupidities that I found out from this site that women may pull back!

QUESTIONS:
(1) Do you think that INITIALLY, after the first two dates,

a) she thought we were going too quickly and wanted to pull back?

b) she was scared by my frequent phone calls on that weekend and decided that it was finished (not simply pull back)? (I called often because I judged she had high interest level and because I thought she was mad that I forgot to call her as I promised, which her friend suggested might be the case; also, I decided if she had high interest, why wouldn't she just pick the damned phone up, for once!?)

(2) Why did she agree to go on that action date (sports) after all my supposedly silly phone calls and after her friend said Girl was going to be busy? (the manner in which she agreed was this: I asked her about her plans for the weekend and she told me about Friday and Saturday in some details---like which of her girlfriends she'd go out with etc. but said she had no plans on Sunday--So I said "I'll make plans"...and she agreed to go out. Fearing she would hide behinds her phones, I made this date very specific: date, time, activity. I gave her an easy way out: I asked if I needed to call before I went over to pick her up. She said "no, you can come over to my place".) WTF, she could have said, no I have plans for Sunday or Yeah, call me before you come and then she could hide behind her phone...that's why I thought it was all her friend's BS that Girl was busy)

(3) When we both come back from our summer trips (I'm traveling too), will she come back to me? Do you think she's still thinking about me or perhaps wondering why I really stopped calling her for real now?

(Finally) Is she STILL pulling back or is this whole thing over? Or did she try to pull back and then I, being impatient or panicky, screwed it up and now it really is over?

THANKS for reading this long post. Please help me analysize the situation. I have since gone out to clubs and danced with other girls, but I still am thinking about Girl.

Quick

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I hate to be the one to break this to you, but a pullback is when things get a little serious, and one person has doubts about if they want it to go that far. When someone does this after 2 dates, it's not a pullback, it's rejection.

You've done a good job of justifying all the indications that she isn't too interested. Not answering your phone calls, skipping out on a date without calling you, having her roommate cancel another date, canceling the third date herself.

Look at how far you've gone to find excuses for the obvious. Her roommate is trying to sabotage you without her knowledge?! I can't believe the fact that her roommate canceled the date for her wasn't enough for you to get the message. She didn't forget about the Sunday date. Her rooommate is not some evil witch. She got your email asking if her roommate spoke for her and purposely didn't answer.

If you notice her pattern, it's that she has a hard time being confrontational and rejecting you. She does everything she can to let you know she's not interested without actually telling you. She only agreed to the dates because you had her cornered, and saying no would have been one of those confrontations. Whenever you meet her face to face, she agrees to what you want, and then she goes and concocts elaborate schemes to cancel.

Do not call her again. If you see her walking, don't ask her out again. Act as if the dates were no big deal, and you're not worrying about it any more. Make light chat and then leave. Don't ask for explanations. Learn from your mistakes. Next time a girl cancels a date without calling you, being apologetic, and wanting to reschedule, next her immediately. That's a sign of either flakiness or low interest level.

davelmn2003

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Quick, I essentially agree with you, and to be honest, I knew I was doing all the wrong things when I did them, but...

But after her first no-show ("visited her grandparents"), why did she talk about our rescheduled date and sweet talk me?

Why did we kiss-closed (more like make-out-closed) on our last date on her couch? When we were standing at the door, we kissed again, and I cut the kissing short so as to leave her wanting more. She was left standing there looking a little silly (still having her eyes closed and lips ready when I pulled away and left).

On the action date: Or why didn't she stick with her original story and say that she was busy with her exams and papers? Or why did she say come right over? She could have said, call me before you leave the door and then deliberately not answer my call? Or even more simply, she could have cut out the sh!t and told me that her entire weekend was full?

Also, why did she answer my first e-mail instead of telling me that she'd call me and then let her sidekick do the dirty work?

Two perspectives: 1) she is a b!tch who hides behind her phone and her friend and has not the guts to tell me what she thinks. I'm a man, I can take it, but I hate things to be open-ended.
2) she is a very kind-hearted person and doesn't want to hurt me, which is what you're saying.

IF this wasn't a pull-back, then I screwed things up somewhere. Where? I still can't find an answer and I have no closure...(I don't like that word, btw, but it accurately describes how I feel...) I wasn't that good a conversationalist, but we have so many other things in common. We study the same subject, we go to the same school, we have the same professor, I was in the same class as her friend, we all like the same kind of opposite sex (and she admitted that she liked my kind of guy...she even said that it was hard to find a guy like me.)

If I don't know how I screwed up then I can't really learn a lesson...

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Break off *all* contact, and if *she* calls ...

I agree with Quick, except I say don't even so much as *acknowledge* her if you run into her. Don't even so much as look her way.

I don't see the point in "pretending it didn't matter." She dissed you, period. Don't encourage her to treat others that way by being friendly to her.

If she approaches you and asks why you're cold to her (99 to 1 she *won't*), tell her she was rude for flaking out, and it would have been better for her to have saved you the time and trouble by not making weak excuses when it was obvious she simply didn't want to go out.

She *knows* she was being lame. Her losing a friend might inspire her to be a bit more classy next time.

I've never gone wrong by calling a gal on her crap in a calm and dignified way. In fact, doing so has always gained me more *respect*.

*If*, by some chance, she really *was* unavailable, and calls you when she's back to set up a date, you *may* let her know of something you plan to do anyway, and invite her to join you. Perhaps seeing a band play or a club night in which you plan to sarge alone or meet up with others anyway. Don't go out of your way to meet her.

Stonewalling a man really *sucks*. Find someone worthy of your time.

Quick

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know the answer to all of your questions, and to tell the truth it's not worth it trying to figure out. You can't mind read, and she's not going to tell you. There's no guarantee that she even had a rational thought process that dictated her actions.

Without meeting her, I can't say if she's kind hearted or a b!tch. I think the best word to describe her is cowardly. You don't know her well enough to know why she did certain things, and you're going to have to accept the fact that you never will.

You shouldn't blame yourself. It could have been something you did that she didn't like. Alternatively, it could have had nothing to do with you. And if it's something that you did, that doesn't mean that it was wrong. Just because it didn't work with her doesn't mean it doesn't work on most girls. Worrying about it serves no purpose. Just make sure you know how you should think and act and focus on attaining that. Individual girls may not work out, but the percentages will be in your favor.

htemorp

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I was in this same kind of situation. Girl came up to me at the bar, asked for my number and seem very very very excited to speak to me when I called. She even picked up the phone while she was in class. Anyway, then things began to be all funny and shiet. I rarely call her, and I always end the conversation and didnt really try. But she also skips out on dates and doesn't call and shiet...sometime you just have to stop trying to figure out and say NEXT!

They got issues.

trevjr

Don Juan
Reaction score
Look man, you have got to stop wondering what she is thinking. About 80% of the stuff I read on this forum is the same 'we had a great time and now she doesn't call or answer the phone or breaks dates or seems cold or ....
I only discovered this forum because the same thing happened to me. I had oneitis and didn't know it. Now I know that obsessing about one woman blocks me from all the other women I might meet.
I understand you want to know why a woman would act like she is hot for you and then pullback. You know what the answer is? They are women!
I feel for you cuz I just went through the same thing but there are millions of women you have not met yet, get going!

es_mer8

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The likely situation is that her IL is right at 50% She probably likes you but the thought of you dating her doesn't strike her as interesting enough to go through with it. She probably wouldn't mind you being her friend but not as a potential ****ing partner.

Situation: Move on. I think the 2nd time she canceled, I would have nexted her. 3rd is just definitive that she does not want to date you.