Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is she playing hard to get?

Buck Naked

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ive worked with this girl for the last 4 summers and last monday i asked if she wants to hang out sometime and she said yes. The time b4 i asked her if she wanted to hang out she talked to me all the time, now she just waves and smiles at me, and plenty theirs of eye contact too. I know she has no bf. I was wondering what are some signs a girl is playing hard to get, and if she is, how do i counter?

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee

You both want to hang out sometime...okay...now what? Are you waiting for her to hand you an itinerary? ;)

Ask her out! Come up with a plan and run it by her. I think that YOU are playing hard-to-get by making a vague reference to "hanging out" and then never actually asking her out.

Buck Naked

Don Juan
Reaction score
It would explain alot of the eye contact squirrel. I was going to ask her out on Monday this week and ask if she wants to have dinner next weekend. She said yes to dinner when i asked her b4, i was thinking Planet Hollywood or some place like that ( good or bad?) I just dont undersatnd why she would stop talking to me after i asked her out when she did say yes. The waving and smiling is just weird to me.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Buck Naked
It would explain alot of the eye contact squirrel. I was going to ask her out on Monday this week and ask if she wants to have dinner next weekend. She said yes to dinner when i asked her b4, i was thinking Planet Hollywood or some place like that ( good or bad?) I just dont undersatnd why she would stop talking to me after i asked her out when she did say yes. The waving and smiling is just weird to me.
You've known her for 4 years...maybe she finally sees you as something other than a casual acquaintance and is behaving as she would with a romantic prospect.

Either way, you're not going to find out by waving back. Ask her out. :) SPECIFIC place and time. Make the plan.

Planet Hollywood would be better than an "ordinary" restaurant...the theme gives you something to talk about. Consider an "action date," too. (mini-golf, hiking, something like that)

Sh-t, don't ask me for advice. I'm in the same boat as you. Go with your gut. You own this.

TesuqueRed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm from your part of the country, Buck (dakota county--went to school with Craig Kilborn, so you know how old I am..)

Planet Hollywood--not good for the girls I date (but not bad), but great for other girls--it all depends on the girl and what she expects. Without knowing her, we can't really say. For the first date, if it's fun, it'll probably work. Don't rely on the place to make the date, rely on your ability to be fun.

Her waving and smiling is usually a good thing--it's an invitation to approach (unless she's an attention wh0re, then it's merely an invitation to approach...) Acknowledge her (nod the head and smile, whatever) and go say hi eventually, just not immediately.

Buck Naked

Don Juan
Reaction score
I talked to her today at work. I asked her what she was doing this saturday night and if she wanted to hang out. She said she was going to her cabin, but she'll get back to me. What the hell does that mean? Good or bad?

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Buck Naked
I talked to her today at work. I asked her what she was doing this saturday night and if she wanted to hang out. She said she was going to her cabin, but she'll get back to me. What the hell does that mean? Good or bad?
What did you say, exactly? Did you say, "Hey, let's go down to Planet Hollywood Saturday night. Is 8 OK?" or did you say, "You didn't have any plans Saturday night, did you? You wanna hang out?"

Buck Naked

Don Juan
Reaction score
I said "hey Heidi, what r u doing saturday night? you wanna hang out"? then she said she was planning on going to her cabin and then she said she'll get back to me.

deeman

Don Juan
Reaction score
buck, one thing I have learnt is that you gotta be more specific:

U: hiedi, what u doing friday night?
chick: "going to my cabin to wax the hair out my ass"
U: "Well I wanted you to come out to dinner with me at planet hollywood. Why dont you wax your ass after that?"
remain silent at this point, wait 4 her response. if its yes, u are good, if its a no and not followed by a counter offer, tell her to kiss your ass

Mazman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Next time invite her to lunch, dinner, or something specific, don't ask her to "hang out".