Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is Monogamy Natural?

Is monogamy natural?

• Yes, some people were made to love just one person at a time.

Votes: 28 52.8%
  • No, people who are monogamous are just fooling themselves...we are all animals.

Votes: 25 47.2%

• Total voters

RaWBLooD

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by diplomatic_lies
Sh!tting in your bedroom and sniffing each other's butts is also natural. What's this obssession with natural?
uh i dunno what urges you have, that sounds like a fetish not something natural.

RaWBLooD

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by a difficult guy

When monogamy occurs in Nature, it is a survival strategy.
ya but general a specific species is either monogamous or polygamous, rarely both.

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Monogamy isn't in a man's biological best interests, nor is it in a woman's. It is however the best form of raising children since the resource investment in raising a child to adulthood is so great for human beings. The survival of our species in the past dictated that we educate our young to increase their survivability. Sexual selection would make physical and psychological characteristics beneficial for that survivable dominant attractors for breeding. The problem arises in that the male best able to share parental investment resource responsibilites in child rearing is not always congruent with the best genetic stock. Men and women innately know this and contrive social dynamics to compensate for it (i.e. marriage, committment, etc.).
I like this one the best.

dont forget we arent animals anymore.

also there are 7 billion people..if we didnt have monogamy the wolrd would collapes

RaWBLooD

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Skydiver43127
Well, that was generally the end. The whole situation was like that:
1. She sits next to me.
2. I notice a butterfly-shaped ring on her finger and say "Hey, doesn't that butterfly ever get tired of sitting there!?"
3. Continue the conversation in C&F manner, accusing her of torturing butterflies, commenting something on her shoues and so on, meanwhile learning some stuff about her, including where her stop is.
4. Minute before her stop I ask "Hew, give me your number so we can stay in touch".
5. Got reject "Sorry, I don't give my number, I have a jelous boyfriend".
6. I make a face, say "Pity", and continue the conversation for the minute left.

Next time this happens I'll make some C&F comment about the girl being a slave in her boyfriend's harem, not being able to even receive phone calls. :) Didn't have time to think about that on the spot.

Anyway, back on the topic, I actually agree with you. The biological drives and emotional needs can be satisfied with both monogamy and dating many women. And the "**** everything that moves or you're a fag" is just as bad as "My destiny is to be with this one, if you're against destiny, you're evil".

It's just a matter of personal values. "freedom" and "developement" are very high in my list and "security" and "stability" are very low, and that' takes effect in many areas of my life, including dating.
good post, hey i think she wasnt too hapy in her relationship so you should do that next time.

So pimp its scary

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by undesputable
good point but men with gifted genes or not just want to go around to have sex, not necessarly to spread genes and have kids all over.
I'm talking about the underlying biological process going on. Obviously, your not going to have babies all over everywhere, because humans are one of two species on earth that have sex when there is 0 chance of having babies... all others only have sex when they are in heat (or put the major efforts).

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by NINJA PIMP
I have my own views but am curious what you guys think.
It's natural for me. If I have feelings for a man I don't even notice any other men. I'm not even remotely attracted to anyone else when I love someone. I've gone so far as try to like someone else when I had feelings for someone and I couldn't.

When a person genuinely loves another person I think it's more natural for them not to cheat than it is for them to cheat. However, most people who think they love someone really don't...they're just infatuated. And you honestly don't know the difference until you actually experience the real thing. I was married ten years to someone I didn't ever love and I never even realized it until I was almost 30 years old and experienced love for real.

Many wild animals will pair and breed with only one mate all their lives. Ironically, it's usually the more intelligent animals that behave this way...like wolves and I believe the same is true of primates, although I'm not sure if that's universal or just some primates.

Jvesti

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am naturally polygamous I believe. But I'm also one of the last people to be up to sneaky things, I have a sense of integrity.

It has a lot to do with genetics. As human beings it is a varying scale of monogamy to polygamy mixed in with beggars and choosers.

By this I mean, usually those who dont cheat namely males (because as long as girls aren't hideous they can get sex). Are the ones who CANT cheat because they basically cant get laid. They become addicted to one girl because its their only sexual sustanence.

As anecdotal evidence of naturally monogamous yet HAVING options, I have a friend who is very successful with the ladies but is VERY monogamous in relationships. He gets addicted and psychologically changes.

There is a chemical called oxytocin that is basically a "bonding hormone". An interesting story was told in a book i have. Of a man who took medication that lowered his oxytocin to almost nothing. He ended up starting 4 different families in different states. Species of animals that vary in monogamy and polygamy have a coorelation between high and low of this hormone. You measure oxytocin levels in a person you can generally predict their behavior as in how attached they become.

Women have much higher levels of oxytocin than men. Although women are much easily dominate by men in sexual situations because of the testosterone factor. (Those with higher levels of T generally dominate the reality of the situation).

The complexities and variables of this issues are definitely something with a lot playing into it at once. Like a complex equation.

Just mother nature at play, allowing the fittest or those that reproduce more successfully via environment to rise to proper levels of a population. There of course are many combinations of all this stuff and variations. Everyones different.

Jvesti

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by So pimp its scary
I'm talking about the underlying biological process going on. Obviously, your not going to have babies all over everywhere, because humans are one of two species on earth that have sex when there is 0 chance of having babies... all others only have sex when they are in heat (or put the major efforts).
The reason being,

Women seek out more masculine men during their fertility cycle.

Less masculine off the fertility cycle

The female human is the only animal who doesn't show any physical signs of ovulation. This is an intelligent adaption that connects the two above. It allows the male to never know, the female being at the mercy of her deep embedded sexual urges for a certain type of male during her cycle. The man being at his as well, all working advantageousely to survival and thriving of the species.

less masculine man will be more supportive, less likely to stray, harm children, or a pregnant her. Her giving this man sex, keeps him by her.

more masculine makes sexier babies, braver, courageous, stronger babies

A woman is more likely to seek multiple mates during her fertility part of her cycle

Built in deception, but the adaption plays to the advantage of the survival and thriving of homo sapiens.

Don Pablo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You say its natural to try and spread your genes as much as possible, but if you're just fvckin and not having kids that's not too natural either. Monogamy is the best path for the species, resource wise. Fatherless children tend not to do as well. Take a look at the ghetto.