is Denver a pretty modern city??

KillingTime

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ive been researching a lot of places, Denver has the PERFECT climate for me, i couldn't ask for better.
BUT
Is it like an old western type city or is it pretty big and modern?
Im in San Antonio TX right now and its pretty big but it has a really old, run-down feel to it which I can't stand. The downtown area especially gets to me, no skyscrapers, no big glass buildings, just a bunch of really old-school buildings.. the alamo, all that stuff. I really want to move to a much more modern looking place.

Now I hear Denver also has the whole "western" heritage thing going on, but is the city still like that or does it have a more modern feel? Has anyone been to SA and Denver, compare the two?

djntraining25

Don Juan
Reaction score
From what I have seen, Denver seems to be a pretty hight tech city. The Denver International Airport is huge and very modern. I have only been to the airport, but I have seen pictures of the city and it looks very modern.

padrote

Don Juan
Reaction score
I live in Boulder, CO. Denver is a small city but it's pretty modern. Bars and clubs that serve alcohol close at 1:30am, which sucks.

CGE333

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes I have been to denver a couple of times they have running water and electricity so very modern. I even saw one of those new fangled horseless carriages.

souporman

Don Juan
Reaction score
I live near denver, and its definatly not some old western type city. They got some decent skyscrapers, and its pretty modern.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by padrote
I live in Boulder, CO. Denver is a small city but it's pretty modern.
Small compared to what city??

Suicide

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
We have just about everything you'd find in any other major city. I love it here.