Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Inside Chest Hurt

KiLLer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I just finished doing preacher curl and while I was doing it, I felt pain, I mean actual pain. It feels as if the weight is pulling me (only 50 lb...). It feels a bit sharp inside of my chest.

What's wrong with me?

livin large

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by wheelin&dealin
Sounds to me like you pulled your heart muscle.

Hope this helps...
Yeah, I did that a few years ago - hurt like hell. Hopefully it's the left ventricle, cause that heals a lot faster than the right one.

Actually, I think the official medical term is you "tweeked" something. I wouldn't worry about it unless you continue to have pain, or it's recurring.

KiLLer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
****! I don't want to die. I'm serious, what can I do beside just wait??? I haven't been lifting for months (2 actually) and today, the first day, I did 50lb. and it hurts. Not that bad but it hurts, what do I do??

livin large

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, is this thing really inside your chest, or is it in your ribs? If you feel pain from it, it is either your heart or your ribs. I highly doubt it is your heart, because if you did something to that you would probably be dead already. Is it in the center of your chest or off to one side?

sonick182

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
YEah sometimes when i do that, it hurts my chest too (preacher curl). It goes away after awhile, i guess it was just improper form, i had my torso pushing against the cushion, and the weight was pushing down on it.

KiLLer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by livin large
Ok, is this thing really inside your chest, or is it in your ribs? If you feel pain from it, it is either your heart or your ribs. I highly doubt it is your heart, because if you did something to that you would probably be dead already. Is it in the center of your chest or off to one side?
More of like center. I'm not sure if it's outside or inside, maybe between.

KiLLer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by sonick182
YEah sometimes when i do that, it hurts my chest too (preacher curl). It goes away after awhile, i guess it was just improper form, i had my torso pushing against the cushion, and the weight was pushing down on it.
I think that's the pain, though I'm not perfectly sure. Most likely though...

miscombobulated2

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you are really worried maybe you should ask a doctor ... and not the internet. Just a thought.

livin large

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Next time you do preachers, arrange your body so your chest isn't pressed so hard against the pad. Usually it will help if you put your feet out in front of you more.