Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Initial Icebreakers-PLEASE READ!

Matt Rogers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi, I admit I am looking for a crutch to start conversations with, but I would find it very helpful if you could give me a few icebreakers for common situations to get me into conversations with girls. My problem is not that i cannot talk to girls, as once the formalities are over I am adept at paraphrasing her, asking openended questions based on her responses, and giving my own opinions. I am a fairly well-educated guy, so I can talk and question at length on most topics. My problem is that I get anxious about what to say to start conversations with girls I do not know. I end up racking my brain for things to say, become all nervous and tense and by the time I have thought of something the girl has gone.

A lot of people say, just say Hi!, but when I try this she says hi, and the conversation runs dry. When you do not know someone it is hard to establish a conversation topic beyond my fallback of the weather.

So what I want is a few lines, and follow up questions for these situations I commonly face, which will result in more than a one word answer. THis will give me no excuse for not approaching and I will be able to get experience and success.

1) Girl (stranger) walking past on the way back from a lecture in the opposite direction.
2) Girl in the library reading a book or studying
3) Girl waiting in line in a queue
4) Girl in the supermarket (and lines about produce and do thse look ripe do not work)
5) Girl walking in the street, complete stranger
6) Girl in a restaurant or supermarket
7) Girl in a pub/bar
8) Girl in park sitting on a bench
9) Girl in Yoga class

As you will have guessed, I am at college, so any other situational lines will be appreciated.

What is your view on compliments such as clothing, smile, etc. Are these any good?

Thanks in advance, I believe if this post generates a lot of answers it will be extremely useful to lots of AFCs like myself, who will no longer have the excuse, I didn't know what to say.

Cheers
Matt

HuuBinh

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
1) Excuse me, a friend of mine has a pair of shoes just like yours, and I wonder where you bought it at.

2) That book looks interesting/what r u studying? She'll probably say yeah/im studying english, then ask her to tell you about the book or how's english, proceed from there.

3) How long have you been waiting? Her answer would probably be short, then u can follow up by commenting her on what she's wearing, and proceed from there.

4) Ask her: can you help me decide on something related to fruits vegetables, then proceed with how to cook or prepare it, then move to asking her how she cooks etc.....make sure you use some CF and kino.

5) If she walks in the same direction as you, then catch up with her and walk right beside, look at her nails until she notices you then say: "nice nails" she'll probably say thanks, then follow up w/ another question like where did u get it done? remember to use CF.

6) If she sits in the restaurant by herself, walk by her table and say "that dish looks delicious" she'll probably say yeah, but follow with another question like "what is it?" use cf and proceed.

7) I'm not very experienced at bar PUs.

8) If she sits by herself, walk by her slowly and establish some EC and say "hi, your here by yourself?" if she says yea, follow up with another question about the park or about her etc...If you can't get any EC when you walk by her, just simply say: excuse me, and comment on what she's wearing and then proceed.

9) I've never taken Yoga before, so I don't know much about it, but i guess you can ask her a question related to Yoga.

----------
"Love is only an illussion created by Sex."

Matt Rogers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow! Thanks, those are definetely some to be getting started with.

When it comes to comments on what she is wearing, should I comment on colours e.g. That blue dress brings out your eyes etc. or comment on brand names, or fashion?

Also with the C and F, do you mean teasing her about what she is wearing, what she is studying etc. A few of these lines would be useful too.

Thanks for getting the ball rolling. Any more lines and tips would be much appreciated.

ApocalypseCow

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Matt Rogers
Wow! Thanks, those are definetely some to be getting started with.

When it comes to comments on what she is wearing, should I comment on colours e.g. That blue dress brings out your eyes etc. or comment on brand names, or fashion?
It's generally a good idea to avoid complimenting their physical features. "That dress really looks good on you" is OK because you are really complimenting her fashion sense (a mental quality). "You have pretty eyes" isn't good because she has no control over her eyes. Plus, lots of guys think they can impress a girl by telling her how pretty she is. It isn't very original.

stallion

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I say, picking girls up on the streets, in stores, other situation is definitely a lot more fun than in bars.

The only problem is, you should watch out to see if the girl has a bf around her...

I almost approached a girl without realizing that her bf is a few feets away. whew...

ApocalypseCow

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by stallion
I say, picking girls up on the streets, in stores, other situation is definitely a lot more fun than in bars.

The only problem is, you should watch out to see if the girl has a bf around her...

I almost approached a girl without realizing that her bf is a few feets away. whew...
Same thing happened to me. That's why I say the "3 Second Rule" is BS.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Matt Rogers
Hi, I admit I am looking for a crutch to start conversations with, but I would find it very helpful if you could give me a few icebreakers for common situations to get me into conversations with girls. My problem is not that i cannot talk to girls, as once the formalities are over I am adept at paraphrasing her, asking openended questions based on her responses, and giving my own opinions. I am a fairly well-educated guy, so I can talk and question at length on most topics. My problem is that I get anxious about what to say to start conversations with girls I do not know. I end up racking my brain for things to say, become all nervous and tense and by the time I have thought of something the girl has gone.

A lot of people say, just say Hi!, but when I try this she says hi, and the conversation runs dry. When you do not know someone it is hard to establish a conversation topic beyond my fallback of the weather.

So what I want is a few lines, and follow up questions for these situations I commonly face, which will result in more than a one word answer. THis will give me no excuse for not approaching and I will be able to get experience and success.

1) Girl (stranger) walking past on the way back from a lecture in the opposite direction.
2) Girl in the library reading a book or studying
3) Girl waiting in line in a queue
4) Girl in the supermarket (and lines about produce and do thse look ripe do not work)
5) Girl walking in the street, complete stranger
6) Girl in a restaurant or supermarket
7) Girl in a pub/bar
8) Girl in park sitting on a bench
9) Girl in Yoga class

Matt
2) You: What are you reading?
her: answer
You: Oh, I read that. (or: "I haven't read that yet.") It's blah blah blah.
Her: answer.
You: What class are yoou reading it for? (If she's at an on campus library.)
You: Cool. Well, I'll let you get back to studying. Nice meeting you.

<Don't make too much conversation, cause she could honestly just need to study.> If you see her again, talk to her.

4) :: IF she has melons in her cart, you can say "Nice melons. Can I squeeze 'em?" (I'M KIDDING! This will get you slapped.) Honestly, I have no idea, since I've not done this yet.

6) I do this thing for waitresses sometimes (if the service is great), I'll make them a fake pearl dog. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I made a pearl dog for a girl who was missing her dog, (I has talked to her and we had gotten on the subject of pets, and she told me all about her dog that she was away from) and suddenly people had the impression that I'm a sweet guy. It's a gutsy move sometimes, and it doesn't necessarily work for a girl your trying to impress, but you might luck out.

7) "I've forgotten my phone number. Can I have yours?" :D Umm, ask for a napkin or something. Going in with the mindset of hitting on chicks might make you look desperate, but if you suprise them once in a while by not closing, you dont look like another dumb guy trying to pick her up. If you're in a bar, it could be likely that a woman's ***** shield may be up, and I'd say it's for more confident guys, but you could try.

8) Sit by the girl, and say: "My name is Forrest Gump. Most people call me Forrest Gump." Heh heh. Actually just ask her if the seat next to her is taken. Then you could compliment her or something. Just go with what works. You'll have time to try different things out.

9) Do not go to yoga. Yoga is for sissies. :p :D I wouldn't do it since I'd be crying like a baby after sitting in all those painful positions. But if you don't cry or scream like a woman, you could just try talking to her after the class.

There might be better answers from the other guys here. But I'm here to give my opinion.

Matt Rogers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok. I am sorted on some of those areas The ones where I could do with a few more lines for are the street pick-ups-examples of compliments and observations to make, along with some more for pubs and around the campus.

Thanks for all the input. It is really helping and I have already managed two good conversations starting from some of those lines.

So keep them coming. Tried and tested lines are preferred (and no cheesy pick up lines)