Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

infatuation and how can it be broken

Reaction score
Hey guys, how can you break an infatuation and how do you get over it and its rejection having been played longterm and rejected in the end? (i obviously had one-itis and pedestalled her with the infatuation) and more than that i have girls even approaching me but i just can't seem to get over the player that played me. the others just don't seem to interest me. i gotta get over this stuff. it was those hypnotic eyes on a super looker and all her flirtation that kept me so interested for so long and built things up all while she had a steady. i'm now looking back and thinking how did i ever get into this. i never hit on other guys gals but somehow i got sucked into and hooked on this one. can anyone offer some helpful words of wisdom for gettin over this one

ApocalypseCow

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by little_brown_bear
Hey guys, how can you break an infatuation and how do you get over it and its rejection having been played longterm and rejected in the end? (i obviously had one-itis and pedestalled her with the infatuation) and more than that i have girls even approaching me but i just can't seem to get over the player that played me. the others just don't seem to interest me. i gotta get over this stuff. it was those hypnotic eyes on a super looker and all her flirtation that kept me so interested for so long and built things up all while she had a steady. i'm now looking back and thinking how did i ever get into this. i never hit on other guys gals but somehow i got sucked into and hooked on this one. can anyone offer some helpful words of wisdom for gettin over this one
The best way to get over a woman is to meet other women. You get girls hitting you on all the time? ASK ONE OF THEM OUT! So what if they don't "Do it for you"? Pick one that is reasonably attractive and go for some coffee. It will boost your confidence and get your mind on other things.

GQ Prettyboy

Don Juan
Reaction score
This may sound funny but you need hobbies too, to get your mind off of things.

Onegin

Reaction score
May sound a little corny, but, above all, "time is the healer", Gary Moore. Getting yourself another woman is an excellent option, too.

Onegin

Reaction score
The thing that made me get over my obsession with a girl was the fact that I made something good out of it. You see, I am a lead guitarist in a rock band. A rock band who desperately needed new stuff to work on. So I took all that pain and, you know, all the rest and began writing songs. Now those songs have become sort of a trade mark to our band and I have a chance to make some profit out of it. That way not only did I manage to feel a lot better, but I also understood that she was the one who lost: for I made some money (so to speak) and she stayed single for another year!

Santos

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by little_brown_bear
Hey guys, how can you break an infatuation and how do you get over it and its rejection having been played longterm and rejected in the end?
Unfortunately, you have to 'sit it out'. Break of all contact with her and don't into any of her traps if she hints at taking you back. You have to stop seeing her altogether. Try and keep yourself busy, no good sitting at home feeling sorry for yourself. It will take a long time to fully recover from your oneitis - how long depends on how badly she affected you and how long your "relationship" lasted. But it will pass.

Raoul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I read the following bit of advice years ago, I think on ASF. If you're ever obsessed/in love/infatuated with a girl, go out and have sex with 10 others girls, then come back and see if you can tell us you're still infatuated with her. :)

Basically you have to preoccupy yourself with other things. You can't delete memories but you can overwrite them. Rather than actively trying not to think about her (Which makes you think about her even more), keep your mind on other things. If you're actively doing other stuff like concentrating on your work, hobbies, friends and family, then you won't have time to mingle over thoughts on her. Then one day you'll realise you haven't thought about her in a very long time, and your response to this revelation will be a very profound "Mehh." :D

drZaius09

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Raoul
I read the following bit of advice years ago, I think on ASF. If you're ever obsessed/in love/infatuated with a girl, go out and have sex with 10 others girls, then come back and see if you can tell us you're still infatuated with her.
This is not always a realistic option for those who aren't quite as adept at getting women to have sex with them. For myself at least, I'd be lucky to find 10 in a year, and by then the infatuation should have naturally run its course. The best thing as others have said is just to meet and at least attempt to lay more women, and have extraneous diversions (hobbies, work, etc) to keep your focus where it should be-- on yourself and not on b1tches.

Of course, an ounce of prevention equals a pound of cure, so better to avoid any attachment to begin with. Again, keep your mind focused on you and try to stay indifferent regarding women and their petty games. There are so goddamn many of them out there that it is inexcusable to become infatuated with just one-- I can't stress that enough.

Reaction score
focusing on self

focusing on one's self sounds like the best medicine i've heard so far for getting over the infatuation and disappointment of the rejection after being played and teased for months.