Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

In The Event of War, Where Should One Invest Money?

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A majority of us won't be alive if the power grids go down, including the rich and powerful.
I wouldn't just not die, I'd become rich and powerful. I don't have any money, but collectively my family has farmland, livestock, and very few people around, as well as a lot of guns to protect us. More importantly than guns, we have a strong social network. I know all my neighbors and I am confident we would band together instead of killing each other. Love thy neighbor is advice as old as Moses. He didn't add "so when the sh!t hits the fan, they don't murder you," but I think it makes sense.

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't just not die, I'd become rich and powerful. I don't have any money, but collectively my family has farmland, livestock, and very few people around, as well as a lot of guns to protect us. More importantly than guns, we have a strong social network. I know all my neighbors and I am confident we would band together instead of killing each other. Love thy neighbor is advice as old as Moses. He didn't add "so when the sh!t hits the fan, they don't murder you," but I think it makes sense.
What about the family and group that is larger than yours. Much larger. Has more guns, land and livestock. They even have large stock piles of medicine and have convinced others that they'll share their medicine if they help take away all your possessions?

I think i've heard this story before...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Walking_Dead_(TV_series)

CarlosR

Banned
Reaction score
I think it good to know how do you invest in foreign currency is a way to protect your money, as well as in cryptocurrencies o not,

Serenity

Reaction score
As soon as the power grid and the cel phone towers go down, bitcoin becomes worthless.
You'd have to take down the entire world wide web to kill bitcoin. Money in the bank wouldn't be worth anything either though. If we had such a massive technological collapse I think the most valuable asset would be survival skills.

However, if there is a war and technological infrastructure does not collapse, but the traditional banking system does, then bitcoins become extremely valuable as it depends only on the internet.

It all depends on how much the war destroys. The internet is one thing that I don't think is vulnerable in a war, maybe locally, but not globally. Unless we're talking about global scale nuclear war, but then we're probably all fvcked anyways.