Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

In my opinion two of the only books you will need, written by the same author

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In my opinion the only two business books you will need ever is

Think and Grow Rich and Outwitting the devil. Both written by napoleon Hill

If you read both books or one of the books, what is your opinion?

Reaction score
I think that T & GR was a many page waste, could have been said in a few sentences, actually. There are scores, if not hundreds more books that you need to read, on dozens of topics. First you have to learn to THINK, in the proper, human fashion. Ayn Rand's NON-fiction books help with that, a lot. So do books and videos by Stefan Molyneux, Roy Childs, Walter Block, Murray Rothbard, Yaron Brooks, Doug Casey, Tom Sowell, Walter Williams, Ludwig Von Mizes, Henry Hazlitt, Milton Friedman, Albert Nock, Jeff Cooper, Chuck Taylor, Bill Jordan, Masutatsu Oyama, Lysander Spooner, Nathaniel Branden, Leonard Piekoff, Tim Ferriss, Claire Davies, many others.

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
prison/con.net said:
I think that T & GR was a many page waste, could have been said in a few sentences, actually. There are scores, if not hundreds more books that you need to read, on dozens of topics. First you have to learn to THINK, in the proper, human fashion. Ayn Rand's NON-fiction books help with that, a lot. So do books and videos by Stefan Molyneux, Roy Childs, Walter Block, Murray Rothbard, Yaron Brooks, Doug Casey, Tom Sowell, Walter Williams, Ludwig Von Mizes, Henry Hazlitt, Milton Friedman, Albert Nock, Jeff Cooper, Chuck Taylor, Bill Jordan, Masutatsu Oyama, Lysander Spooner, Nathaniel Branden, Leonard Piekoff, Tim Ferriss, Claire Davies, many others.

what is your top 3 books?

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The older i get, the more i realize napoleon hill is pretty much bull**** lol. The **** is great in theory. I lived off The laws of success, ,a book by his, but it's just not practical in 2015

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I will have to differ. Reading Outwitting the devil is a freaky book based off the prophetic stuff being said in that book, I have never read anything like it. The stuff he was saying in that book was prophetic it made me wonder if he really was speaking to some spiritual entity

Reaction score
that's like asking what 3 tools do I want in my toolbox. Depends upon what I need to work on. THIS IS KARATE, by Mas Oyama, A collection of works called "THE EXPERT's BOOK of the SHOOTING SPORTS, edited by David Petzal, and Ayn Rand's THE VOICE of REASON would be as good of a pick of "top 3" as I can think of right now.

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
prison/con.net said:
that's like asking what 3 tools do I want in my toolbox. Depends upon what I need to work on. THIS IS KARATE, by Mas Oyama, A collection of works called "THE EXPERT's BOOK of the SHOOTING SPORTS, edited by David Petzal, and Ayn Rand's THE VOICE of REASON would be as good of a pick of "top 3" as I can think of right now.
Prison you seem like a very intelligent guy, I follow your post on here. This is different from the topic but I want your opinion on something.

I been shopping for a new handgun. In your opinion what is the number one handgun (I know, no gun is perfect but I do want the top of the line)

Reaction score
handgun for what? keeping in the house or car? concealed carry? how familiar are you with guns? In particular, how comfortable are you with a ****ed and locked SA autoloader? If you want something to wear at all times, get a pocket 9. I sugges the Kahr CM 9 if you're not already or wiling to swiftly get trained on the 1911 style of thumb safety. if you ARE so familiar, then get a Sig P938, but make certain that it's one of the more recent ones. Front pants pocket is the way to carry, in a Kydex plastic rig. Kahr offers an "elite" upgrade to their trigger pull. The Sigs need a trigger job, a speed lever on the safety and an overtravel "stop screw" in their triggers. Regardless of what you get, get luminous sight inserts. Preferably my design with just 2 dots, not three. **** Heinie stole that idea from me.

Reaction score
handgun for what? keeping in the house or car? concealed carry? how familiar are you with guns? In particular, how comfortable are you with a ****ed and locked SA autoloader? If you want something to wear at all times, get a pocket 9. I sugges the Kahr CM 9 if you're not already or wiling to swiftly get trained on the 1911 style of thumb safety. if you ARE so familiar, then get a Sig P938, but make certain that it's one of the more recent ones. Front pants pocket is the way to carry, in a Kydex plastic rig. Kahr offers an "elite" upgrade to their trigger pull. The Sigs need a trigger job, a speed lever on the safety and an overtravel "stop screw" in their triggers. Regardless of what you get, get luminous sight inserts. Preferably my design with just 2 dots, not three. **** Heinie stole that idea from me. the 380's by the same companies are a bit more pocketable, a lot more easily controled in rapidfire and a lot more durable, but have a lot bigger risk of not stopping a man when you shoot him. The 9mm ammo to use is the CorBon 100 gr PowRBall, In 380, the ammo used makes little difference, cause all are too feeble. Most often, tho, if you get the weapon NOTICED in time, from far enough away, you won't have to fire, and MISSES have changed a lot of minds, too. It's quite rare for civilians to face gunfire, or have to "shoot him into the ground' with lots of swift, powerful chest hits.

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
something to carry around but at the sametime have a kick to it.....I always heard an xdm was top notch

Tictac

Banned
Reaction score
I have a .45 xdm(c). It's got what you want. For a lot of people, .45 ACP makes second shots a bit wide. Since I trained with, carried and used one in the service, it's not my issue. And I don't 'carry' as I don't need to. If you do and don't have a carry permit, the felony charges may be worse than you can imagine.

Everybody seems to like 9mm. But I don't want my life to depend on the theory of hydrostatic shock.

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I think I'm going to purchase the .45 xdm. Do you guys have laser or silencers attached to your handguns?

Tictac

Banned
Reaction score
You do not need doo-dads for handguns. What you need is range time. I have a friend with a Crmison Trace on his xdm. He doesn't shoot any better than I do. I practice about every three weeks going through a minimum of 150 rounds per session.

And unless you have a FFL Class III license, you do not want to be anywhere near a suppressor.

Last edited:

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Tictac

Banned
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
Every Sig I've shot has a sloppy trigger that I hate.

I have this Kimber .45 : http://s653.photobucket.com/user/vsanzbajo/media/Kimber2.jpg.html

I love that gun. It feels like firing a 9mm. It's too big to carry concealed, though.
_________

Most (maybe all) double-action semi-autos have sloppy triggers. It's part of the DA design, allegedly 'safer' for the public and public safety officers. The xdm, xdm(c) and xd mod 2s are 'over-safe'. Most Glock style DA semis are also 'loose' compared to single-action semis.

You can't really compare a single-action Browing design 45 to a double-action handgun. Yes they are both semis. It stops there - everything else is different.

I have a Wilson Combat Commander and a Para Black Ops. And I love them both. My xdm(c) I got to show my son how DAs compare to SAs. The Springfield is at least as good a choice as Glock, SIG, etc. and close to the SIG price.

BatJuan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Tictac said:
You do not need doo-dads for handguns. What you need is range time. I have a friend with a Crmison Trace on his xdm. He doesn't shoot any better than I do. I practice about every three weeks going through a minimum of 150 rounds per session.

And unless you have a FFL Class III license, you do not want to be anywhere near a suppressor.
There's no such thing as a Class III license. Class 3 is a designation for FFL dealers who have paid a tax to deal in NFA firearms. It's really called a Class 3 SOT. If you want to buy a suppressor you just have to fill out the paperwork (Form 4) and have it processed by the ATF. You don't need to be an FFL.

Reaction score
the class III designation is necessary if:you want to DEAL in class III, NFA34 Nat'l Firearms Act of 1934 type arms (silences, mg's, etc) OR if you live in one of the 12 states that says that their citizens can't have silencers. the Fed license gets you past such restrictions. It's a bit expensive, tho. there's some export licenses that you have to buy, several k $ per year.

http://www.wikihow.com/Get-a-Class-3-Firearms-License