Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I'm goin to college in September...

neobrood

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
... any variations of DJ tactics you can suggest?

Here's my "plan" tho. Feel free to tell me if I'm wrong or if I need to modify some approaches...

- First day of class... sit next to an HB and talk to her. Since people are all nervous at first day of class, that is a good opportunity to strike.

- If there is no HB available, befriend some "cool guys". Try to say "hi" to everyone. Not really sure about the extent on how much I should say "hi" to everyone. I risk looking like a "trying hard".

- Um... lets say I talk to HB and I got rejected for some reason. How many days should I wait before hitting the next target? Or should I hit next target immediately after rejection? Would I risk looking like a "player" or a "man-slut" if I hit the next target too fast?

- Do you suggest sticking to a certain group of friends? Um... the first group of guys you befriended first? Or would it be better to go from group to group like a fvckin wanderer?

=========

Any more suggestions? Thanks alot. :)

Seraph

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by neobrood
... any variations of DJ tactics you can suggest?

Here's my "plan" tho. Feel free to tell me if I'm wrong or if I need to modify some approaches...

- First day of class... sit next to an HB and talk to her. Since people are all nervous at first day of class, that is a good opportunity to strike.

- If there is no HB available, befriend some "cool guys". Try to say "hi" to everyone. Not really sure about the extent on how much I should say "hi" to everyone. I risk looking like a "trying hard".

- Um... lets say I talk to HB and I got rejected for some reason. How many days should I wait before hitting the next target? Or should I hit next target immediately after rejection? Would I risk looking like a "player" or a "man-slut" if I hit the next target too fast?

- Do you suggest sticking to a certain group of friends? Um... the first group of guys you befriended first? Or would it be better to go from group to group like a fvckin wanderer?

=========

Any more suggestions? Thanks alot. :)
- I highly suggest the sitting next to a HB and talking to her on the first day. I did that in one of my classes and IMO worked in favor for me. A few of the guys see that you have confidence so they will want to get to know you better (same with the girls, except there will be attraction there also) and even if you don't score with the HB, you play your cards right and she can introduce you to some of her hot friends.

- Eh. Don't just rush to the guys that " look cool". Talk to people you actually think you will get along with. After a few quarters in college I've found out that the loudest ones (aka " center of attention) are usually the ones with the least amount of confidence. By that I mean you can see their true personality shine through when a DJ walks in.

- If you get rejected, just keep on going. The last thing you want to do is look like her rejection crushed your spirit. Take it as a loss, learn from it and move on.

-On the friends thing, stick to what you are most comfortable with. I was introverted when I first came to college and I tried that " moving from group to group" tactic...I got burnt out on it quickly, and I don't think it came off as natural anyway.

A few more tips-

-When you want to talk to someone, don't avoid eye contact and talk in their general direction. I hate that sh!t when AFC guys do it and it makes you seem like you are too afraid to go ahead and start a conversation with people. A good example of this would be standing by some people in a group of elevators and facing a specific person, but looking up at the ceiling and asking an open-ended question, or stating an obvious fact.

- Don't call needless attention to yourself. It's one thing to be the life of the party, and another thing to be begging for some attention. Case in point, today in class we had to show some model sheets that we have created (art college :rolleyes: ) and this one punk (when the teacher asked if that was it) pulled his off of his desk and said some weak crap like " Here ya go, I didn't want you to miss mine ". It came off to me as lame because if his sh!t was good enough, the teacher would not have passed over it in the first place.

- Don't laugh at jokes if you don't find them funny. Fake laughs draw negative attention to yourself, and it just seems like you are trying too hard to be apart of the group

-Relax and don't worry too hard about making friends. Everyone is looking for friends when they first get to college, so why not be generous and grace them with your prescense :)

Seraph

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Man what are you waiting for? These girls want to talk to you more than you'll ever know. "But why aren't they holding eye contact tweeder?" you might ask. Well you're a DJ, and you look confident. They're intimidated. They'll look once, and then away. Don't worry my friends, you're still in. Just say hi.
Great nugget of info right there. If only I had realized that eariler this year :eek:

My final point is the most important. I mention it in a lot of my posts, but that's because I want you guys to know it. These posts always say a girl will give you good buying signals when she wants you to approach. Like she'll make good eye contact and smile. THIS IS ONLY IN BARS AND CLUB TYPE ATMOSPHERES. In normal places only extreamly confident women will do this. The others will look away when you make eye contact. Or when you smile. PLEASE DON'T GET DISCOURAGED.
I can't stress this enough. Doing my boot camp journal led me to this reaffirm this discovery. Alot of people in the world are surprised by eye contact and a smile from others in public places, so they are caught off guard. Don't get down just because everyone doesn't smile back, or when some look like a deer caught in headlights. It's all good bro, just keep on smiling and do your own thing.

Great link, there is a good amount of info that needs to be beaten in our heads in there.

MikeYikes122

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I posted this last night to some kid asking the same thing as you almost. Here it is....

Hmm... Well Freddie I haven't read the thread you speak of, or if I did it was too damn long ago and I just forgot it, but I don't know if you've got the correct approach. I've been a college student for three years now and let me tell you what I do.

I normally sit by them but not right next to them - it seems to send off a desperation vibe or something. I just don't think it's a real good idea. (but if a girl keeps sitting by you or next to you then it's obviously a good thing.) The hand shake is a bad idea. What I reccomend doing is accidently forgetting your pencil or some sh!t and leaning over and asking her for one. During this exchange smile at her, look her in the eye, and make a joke or something like that. Say maybe, "Heh you know, I can remember my notebook, I always buy the right books, and I can even remember to pee before these long a$$ classes, but I never remember a god damn pencil..." If she likes you she'll probably laugh, smile, give you the look. You know what I mean. If you get the good vibe from her, continue the conversation. "What's your major?" "Heh mine too, seeing as this journalism class..." "Where are you from?" "Oh really? I lived out there for a few years..."

After you break this barrier start sitting by her everyday and talking to her. I usually like to have a girl I sit with in everyone of my classes if it is at all possible. Eventually a weekend will roll up that you feel is opportune, ask her what she is doing, tell her YOU MIGHT give her a call if your plans fall through, and if you don't think you're looking to desperate or loserish then call her. Or better yet, wait for a group project to roll up - You should get one assigned fast because professors in college like to give their students a chance to get to know each other. Go over to her apartment or dorm room to do it, wait till her roommate is not there and fvckin let one thing lead to another.

Good luck in college buddy - it's a real fun time. I think the most important thing to remember about the college game is that basically no girl really matters. Don't give a fvck about any of them because there are so damn many...

MikeYikes122

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
With the group of friends I'd say you'll make all your friends in your dorm. That's pretty much how it works. Although, I made a lot of friends playing ball and talking to people in class, I think most friends are made in the dorms. Be eager to make friends but don't be weird, obsessive eager. Bottom line is, just don't worry about it...

MikeYikes122

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One final thing

THAT TIP ABOUT THE LIBRARY/STUDY CENTER IS GOLDEN! GOLDEN AS SH!T!

It is so unbelievably true what Tweeder said - you guys don't even understand. I go to a school where the library is like a fvckin social gathering. You wouldn't believe it. One valuable thing to know about the library is that you need to pay close attention to what the girl is wearing. If you spot a girl studying in a mini-skirt that let's her ass hang out then chances are she is just waiting for a guy to talk to her. The looking tip he gives is real real good too.

My friends and I often joke about how we're probably going to meet our wives at the damn library and not at the bars, and there is a damn good reason for this.