I Wanna get a tat on my hand but will it affect my job opportunities in the future?

bfl

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
tomorrow i wanna get a tat on my hand just like lloyd banks got gunit on the side of his hand, ima get "god's son on the side of my hand in italic letters, but i was thinking i wanna get a good job in the future and i was wondering if it will affect my job opportunities, im going to school for computer programmer so basicly if i find jjob in that field it will be an office job but will they be willing to hire me if i have a little preety tatto on the side of my hand?

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, it might affect your job opportunities. There will be Manager out there that will feel that you don't represent the company's image by having a tattoo at such a visible place. If you are so keen to get a tat, get it so it easy to hide with a simple t-shirt or a normal shirt.

diplomatic_lie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, you could always work for an online company :)

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
It might. I wonder if it's possible to cover up something like that, like with make-up or something, in a job interview/on the job.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you ever want to get into a proffesional environment, you'v got to make sure your tattos are hidden under your cloths. Usually in every proffesional environment you will be wearing a shirt to work with long pants so places like the face, neck, hands, forearms, should not show any signs of tattos.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, it will affect any chance you have of being hired. The only types of tattoos that are generally acceptable in the office are ones that are hidden by clothes. One on your hand doesn't fall into that category. In my opinion, it would be a mistake, but hey, it's your hand.

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
my friend works professionaly in an office. he has a tatoo on his shoulder.

Yes it can affect your opportunities, so it's advised to get it where it can be covered up by clothing.

azza

Reaction score
come on dont u remember being at schol they went nuts and im shure ur guess that tattue would make most employers mad too but ther is way out if you get a job and then talk to the manager and say that u want a tatue and u want to kno if its a gd idea just try it

its not a bad thing just to try,hopeit goes well

:)

Abbott

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Think about this:

What areas will be covered up if you wear a tie, a suit, and a long sleeved shirt?

Get the tattoo on an area that'll be covered up by that, so if you're a work it won't be visible.

Ben

Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm with the guy who said that tatoos on the hand/calf are white-trash. Get it somewhere else.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke
I'm with the guy who said that tatoos on the hand/calf are white-trash. Get it somewhere else.
I agree - and we should know, both of us being from Louisiana and all. :rolleyes: