Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I think i fukked up my rotator cuff

BallZ of SteeL

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i was doing military press today as usual, however in the last set, i felt suddenly some serious pain in my left shoulder, not the delts the actual joint, it hurted bad that i couldent complete my shoulder workout except for upright rows and shrugs..it doesnt hurt as much now but i still feel the pain and it hurts bad when i lift my arm up, is this normal and will go after a few days rest or i fukked up something serious?

------------------
~BallZ of SteeL.

"The Future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it's just a strain, but a warning sign to start doing some rotator cuff exercises once the inflammation goes down. I'd take the rest of the week off. Do some cardio or Leg Machine work if you need a "gym fix"

Take some Advil to kill the pain and inflammation, and if possible ice the area up.

What's going on is that muscles surrounding the cuff have gotten way stronger the cuff muscles themselves.

D

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is also the possibility that you may have a pinched nerve in there. I experienced the same type of pain in the same type of way you did...I could have sworn I tore a muscle in my shoulder, but the doctor did an MRI and said it was a pinched nerve. Anyway it's been slowing me since July, so if the pain sticks around for a few weeks, you may want to get it checked out.

BallZ of SteeL

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
to say the truth, i actually had some pain in the same spot 5 weeks ago, but beeing the stubborn a$$ i am i just kept lifting without rest, and the pain decreased alot but never *completely* went away, i think what happened yesterday is because i didnt rest after the injury

should i get a rest for a week or something before starting again? i would rather wait till i get rid of the problem completely and lift normally than keep pushing it further.

oh and what are these rotator cuff exercises? and is there a way to get it stronger if its naturally week?

------------------
~BallZ of SteeL.

College_Man

Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with DIESEL on this one, as I've done the same thing and know what it feels like. When I was cheering last year and doing a lot of stunting, my shoulders got really strong, but my rotator cuffs didn't. Eventually, one day I experienced the same thing you did. I went to the doctor and he gave me some Celebrex samples and told me to incorporate some rotator cuff exercises into my workouts. After about 6 weeks of doing the exercises everything was back to normal and I haven't had the problem since. Do a search on the net to see some examples of some rotator cuff exercises. The only way to get it stronger is to do some of those exercises.

Aiken_Drum

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you experience any bad pain doing a workout stop working that body part ASAP!!! You shouldn't have continued doing shoulder ex after a pain there, cause if you have a minor strain in the muscle, you can **** it up for good by continuing exercising.

About the week off, if you haven't taken a week off in a while (+3 months) it's a good time to take it.
It's good for your gains actually.
I know, it sucks to stop going to the gym for a week, but it's better on the long run.

If you keep going, don't go super heavy on chest & shoulder, take it easy for a week.
And if you experience any pain, don't work the muscle.

BallZ of SteeL

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Aiken_Drum:
If you experience any bad pain doing a workout stop working that body part ASAP!!! You shouldn't have continued doing shoulder ex after a pain there, cause if you have a minor strain in the muscle, you can **** it up for good by continuing exercising.
oh sh1t man stop scaring me! i know it was extremely dumb of me to do this

today the pain is gone when im not lifting something with my arm, but when i tried to do some rotator cuff exercises i felt some pain so i stopped it, i will wait a few more days i guess before doing it again..looks like it will be more than 1 week
fukk!

i found this link for anyone who's interested..learn from my mistakes! :
http://bodybuilding.com/fun/dorian1.htm

------------------
~BallZ of SteeL.