Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I just lost my job

1-800-HellNo

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was working a pretty **** job for about nine months now. Even though I couldn't stand it for many reasons, there were some really good parts about it. I had full medical benefits, and there was always healthy free food which saved me a ton of money.
I had no real problems with management up until about two months ago when I started getting written up for very minor, trivial offenses that nobody had ever been written up for. Yesterday I showed up for my shift, security blocked me from entering the building and a new manager who I've never seen before came out to tell me she was told to fire me.
I had a union rep with me and he's on my side but the higher ups aren't going to try and help me out, so theres nothing I can do. My entire life was hinging on this job because I was planning on transferring departments and getting some useful experience, but now it's gone.

The job was a lifesaver for me because I was in a really bad place before I got it. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to transfer anywhere useful so the 9 months I spent working there doesn't give me any experience to put on a new resume. It was very hard for me to find a stable job, but now that I've had a taste of it I ultimately feel more optimistic about work in the future.

However, I don't know what i'm supposed to do from here. Like I said, my life was pretty much built around this job and now it's gone. I basically am getting a fresh start but I don't know where to go with it.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1-800-HellNo said:
I had no real problems with management up until about two months ago when I started getting written up for very minor, trivial offenses that nobody had ever been written up for. Yesterday I showed up for my shift, security blocked me from entering the building and a new manager who I've never seen before came out to tell me she was told to fire me.
Something doesn't add up. Go into a little bit more detail. You must have pissed someone off somewhere. Tell the truth, if you truly want help.

1-800-HellNo said:
Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to transfer anywhere useful so the 9 months I spent working there doesn't give me any experience to put on a new resume.
Yes you do, you have 9 months of experience you can put on the resume. What does transferring have to do with the resume?

1-800-HellNo said:
It was very hard for me to find a stable job, but now that I've had a taste of it I ultimately feel more optimistic about work in the future.
Use that attitude and find another job. Where do you live? What were you doing in this job? Do you have a degree? You gave us nothing in which to help you.

evan12

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Was it your first real full time job ?
just find another job in the same profession you was working on , it take usually between one to 4 motnhs to find another job , so dont beat your self