Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I have trouble keeping a job...what to do?

DJDeMarco

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have trouble keeping a job. I've been fired a couple times from minimum wage jobs and I usually struggle and never ascend to top positions in the workplace.

Lately, things turned around with me doing well enough on tests and interviews to land a Post Office Clerk job. And I was really positive and optimistic about making a career out of it and continuing to make more money.

I've struggled from day one on the job. It takes me longer than usual to adjust to things and once I feel like I've conquered one series of problems, another one comes up and I'm back to square one. My boss had a long chat with me a couple weeks ago about me needing to step up, and I decided to step up and try harder.
But I'm still not where I need to be and here's an example.

Had a customer come in and wanting to do a specific letter to another country. During the transaction, I was so focused on doing the specific letter the right way that I completely forgot we can't do that for international mail. By the time I realized I messed up, I had to tell my boss about it to try to figure out what to do. He told me I wasn't doing well and that we will have a meeting this week.

What can i do to succeed in the workplace? I have problems paying attention to detail and I don't seem to fit in the corporate world. I'm 26 and really trying to improve myself and turn my life around(I have 2 college degrees), but I have trouble overcoming my issues and problems. I've tried to step up my game only dating quality young women and to leave the crazy ones alone, but I'm single with no options as a result. Of course, having a good paying job is more important. Unfortunately, I may have to go back to minimum wage jobs again. So what to do?

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you can't focus enough to hold a job, it wouldn't be hard to get an adderall prescription for adult ADHD. If you could get that taken care of before the USPS fires you, it will make it a lot harder for them to do so. They would in all likelihood try to transfer you to another position before they had to fire you for having a disability - they'd have to try to make "reasonable accommodations" to your disability.

fwiw, I have never been great at holding a job, either. Typically, I am the star employee for about the first three months. Then I get bored out of my mind and turn into the worst employee. For the past several years, I have just worked at one side business or another, or short-term jobs that allow me to bounce around a lot.

In law school, I got such bad grades my first semester that they sent me to the university psch department, who told me they would rubber-stamp me to be "certified ADD," then I would get time and a half on exams and a private room. But I'd have to keep coming to see them for psch testing. I told them I didn't have the patience for that :)

A lot of people who have what are diagnosed as "disabilities" about paying attention are actually much better at focusing than the average person, provided that it's on something they're interested in. They are only disabled when you're trying to make them do something boring they don't want to do.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
If you can't focus enough to hold a job, it wouldn't be hard to get an adderall prescription for adult ADHD. If you could get that taken care of before the USPS fires you, it will make it a lot harder for them to do so. They would in all likelihood try to transfer you to another position before they had to fire you for having a disability - they'd have to try to make "reasonable accommodations" to your disability.

fwiw, I have never been great at holding a job, either. Typically, I am the star employee for about the first three months. Then I get bored out of my mind and turn into the worst employee. For the past several years, I have just worked at one side business or another, or short-term jobs that allow me to bounce around a lot.

In law school, I got such bad grades my first semester that they sent me to the university psch department, who told me they would rubber-stamp me to be "certified ADD," then I would get time and a half on exams and a private room. But I'd have to keep coming to see them for psch testing. I told them I didn't have the patience for that :)

A lot of people who have what are diagnosed as "disabilities" about paying attention are actually much better at focusing than the average person, provided that it's on something they're interested in. They are only disabled when you're trying to make them do something boring they don't want to do.
I am glad to hear someone else say this. I pretty much do just enough to not get fired myself, simply because, like you, I am freaking bored as h*ll. But I've also found that it's those type of things that pay. I can't do what I want, or at least I haven't found it yet.