Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I hate what I do. Help

Anargyros

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been in the web development business for a long time. I just can't take it anymore. My brain doesn't work like when I was 20. There are indian guys that do the job for pennies.

I'm a lot more into humanistics - studying psychology (at a slow pace). The fact is I can't find a way to integrate both things - computers/programming and psychology.

I don't want to be rich. I just want to do something I don't hate or sucks the energy out of me like coding. Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

EDIT: Since I've been told the question is too general. I might be more specific. Can you combine psychology and computers and get a job that involves both?. I hate coding, but I might be open to other computer-related alternatives.

Last edited:

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
Lol, well, it's going to be very hard to answer your question because it's too broad. Nobody is sure of what you "hate" or what would "svck the life out of you".

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think there is some use for those tests that gauge your level of interest and aptitude in various subjects. One of those might be a good starting point.

Aware

Don Juan
Reaction score
Anargyros said:
EDIT: Since I've been told the question is too general. I might be more specific. Can you combine psychology and computers and get a job that involves both?. I hate coding, but I might be open to other computer-related alternatives.
Managing surveys.

Huffman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anargyros said:
I've been in the web development business for a long time.
That means you've been able to save up a lot of money. Even as a junior developer, you can easily put away 10k a year.

If so, then quit your job, give up your apartment and travel around the world for a year. Get yourself some crazy goals. Like, walk the length of a country on foot. Climb mountains. Visit at least 20 capitals. Whatever you think is crazy&exciting. You'd be surprised at how cheap your vacation is if you're not paying any rent. I'm not going to call it "soul-searching", that's bull****, but you will get some much needed distance.

Once you return, think again what you want to do. You'll be surprised at how you can't believe you did that job for so long.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
Anargyros,

Since I've been told the question is too general. I might be more specific. Can you combine psychology and computers and get a job that involves both?. I hate coding, but I might be open to other computer-related alternatives.
Well, Psychology is the study of human behavior, if you are going to work in that field directly then you should be striving to be some sort of Psychologist, if you aren't going to work in that field directly then just about every job that involves working with people (internally, externally, etc.) involves the usage of principles of Psychology.

With that being said, "Computers" can include the various IT disciplines, Computer Science and even Engineering. Not sure what you mean by "Computers".

There's really no answer to your question in the way you phased it. Instead, what I would do, is I would do an inventory check on all of my talents, gifts and passions, then do serious market analysis on what's in demand within the marketplace you are at or where you can move to. Then put together a quality career plan with time periods of where you want to be by the end of year 1, year 3, year 6, year 10, year 15, year 20 and then at year 25 when you should be getting ready for some sort of retirement or settling down of the career.

Moroder

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I am late to the party but just found this thread & recognized my bore-out with coding, some 10 years ago. If you like "humanistics" (humanities?) and don't mind the computers, you may want to try something like website usability, search engine optimization or software development (= being the manager kind of guy, not the coder).
However, if you are genuinely tired of coding, which I would totally understand, it may be worthwile to find out what you really like. I believe in trial and error, so you may want to do some job hopping, exploring fields that seem totally crazy (car sales, bartendng, walking people's dogs etc.). Talk to people about their job - just ask them what they like about it. And yes, even bus drivers and sales assistants will tell you some things. This will open up your mind, allowing you to see more clearly what you like and what your abilities are. HTH.

mandyoi

Reaction score
You said you don't want to be rich so this should be very achievable. ...