Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I feel as if I'm f-cked.....Please help!

phillyb

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok so here is the deal. I'm a senior in college. Just wrapped up my final class last week. I knew i was on the borderline for graduating if i didnt get a c in this class.

I reiterated this to my teacher after group presentations on the last day of classes. I told her i had family coming in from out of town and that I really needed to know my grade before sat(the day of graduation) BTW this conversation took place on a wed..

She asked what I needed to grad. and I told her a C. She said it would be close but that she would look into everything, attendance, etc.. to help me out (she didnt say this directly, but she seemed like she might bend my grade somewhat if need be.she said she would try to have the grades by friday.......

well, i ended up walking sat, w/o really knowing if i would graduate, the fam came to town, i walked in the ceremony everything was good.

today grades are posted on the website....she gave me a D

my cumulative GPA is 1.97

:down:

i'm really depressed right now with all kinds of thooughts running thru my head........debt is looming, i want a real job...ive thought of suicide.....but then i had to get my head right......

anyhoo, im going to go to my school tommorow to try and talk to her, and see if i can do something , anything to boost my grade.........

I guess i will talk to counselors in my college also to see what my options are.......

I feel like s-iyt right now.

please reply......

thanx

Flogger

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just do what you need to. Retake he class if you can.

You'll just do what you need to and get past it.

I've been in the situation of the instuctor though. Frankly, it ticks me off when students come to me at the end of the semester and tell me they need a B or whatever to graduate.

The response I wish I could make is:

"Then fvcking study, dumbass; come to office hours; ask questions; read the text." And they never do. They just continue fail to understand that THEY are the person that ultimately determines their grade. It depresses me, because they're probably slackers in every other facet of their life.

You're not them. But you get the point.

My advice:

Your instructor will appreciate it if you sincerely convey that the grade you got was a result of your effort and initiative (or lack thereof). If you don't express that, you'll come off as dishonest -- and that can't help your chances.

But you came here for support.

What usually helps me is to get a larger perspective.

We're in a very privileged place: Even being poor in America is a relatively great life.

Imagine a crappy life where your malnurished, frequently exhausted, sticky, sweaty, and where a great life would be to wash dishes at a pizza shop, watch basic cable every night, and have an endless supply of clean water. That surely sounds like a fantastic life to millions and millions of people who will never have a remote chance of getting that far.

We're extremely privileged, even with mountains of low-interest debt, and we have a responsibility to recognize our wealth. If you die with 100,000 in debt, that's not a bad life, all things considered. If you lived in a wealthy country in this century, it will have been one of the best lives ever lived by a person in the history of man. (well, horrible incidents aside)

I wrote more than I thought I would.

Take a walk.
You'll be fine man.

phillyb

Don Juan
Reaction score
flogger

flogger, it sounds as if you might have been an instructor at some point?

I commend you for that, What are the cahnces of getting my grade changed......while being honest with the instructor?

Has it been done before?

Thankx

phil

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but you had that coming. How in the hell can you get a 1.97gpa???? Serioulsy. If you had like opened the book once in a while this would not have happened.

Looks like it's off to MickeyDs and flipping burgers for you.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: flogger

Originally posted by phillyb
What are the cahnces of getting my grade changed......while being honest with the instructor?
Virtually non-existant. The grades have already been submitted to the Dean's office. It sounds to me like the teacher already knew that you needed a C to get by and decided that for whatever reason you didn't deserve one... my advice would be to take a mini-semester or online semester for the class you need and actually put effort into it. No offense, but I'll bet that you hadn't been participating much in the class, and that the other day was one of the first times you'd actually approached the teacher 1 on 1. What a mistake - while it's too late for you to learn, perhaps others can take this as a lesson on how not to go through college. That being said, others are right in saying that "its not over". You can take the mini-semester and be finished before Spring rolls around. In any event, taking 1 class over the course of the next few months isn't going to be very difficult. That you're thinking of suicide makes it look like you're more emotionally unstable than a psycho broad.

phillyb

Don Juan
Reaction score
gracias

the suicide thought was instantaneous knee jerk reaction BS......

It was mostly derived by my having put alot of effort into college(financially, and i did work hard........the first 3 years)....

and feeling like a failure.......(ie not wanting to tell my family)

It looks like my option is to retake that class or another class. The only problem is , I was planning on moving like this week....150 moles away, so if i take the class, i would have to commute 2 days a week...

UGGGHHHH

yes, lesson to those in college.....do not get senioritis, like me..........especially when you can't afford it (GPA)

Peace, love, and hellfire missles!

I've got a degree to earn!

laterZ

skeeloo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
DONT RETAKE THE CLASS IF YOU DONT HAVE THE MONEY ,IM PISSED OFF WITH THE WAY UNIVERSITIES ARE INCONSIDERATED TO SOME STUDENTS, MANY PPL WHO GRADUATED DONT EVEN KNOW WAT THEY STUDIED AFTER GRADUATION BUT STILL CHEATED THIER WAY TO GRADUATE, APPLY FOR A JOB , GET A JOB TELLING THEM YOUR RESULTS ARNT OUT YET, IT WORKED FOR MY FRIEND NOW HE LEFT THE JOB AND ALREADY HAS A 6MONTHS EXPERIENCE TO GET ANOTHER JOB,ONCE YOU GET THAT FIRST JOB YOUR IN THE ****, LATER ON WHEN YOU FEEL SETTLED OR HAVE ENOUGH MONEY YOU CAN RETAKE THE COURSE IF YOU FEEL LIKE,IF NOT FUK IT. I KNOW HOW IT FEELS MY FRIEND TOLD ME HE WANTED TO KILL HIMSELF THE FIRST FEW DAYS HE WAS EXPECTED TO PAY 7 THOUSAND BRITISH POUNDS TO RETAKE A WHOLE COURSE EVEN AFTER TELLING THE SCHOOL HIS FATHER PASSED AWAY THEY STILL ACTED LIKE MONEY HUNGRY *******S. BUT HE SAID FUK IT IF THEY WONT GIVE ME ILL TAKE **** INTO MY OWN HANDS. HIS DOING ANOTHER COURSE ON THE SIDE WHICH HIS EMPLOYERS PAID FOR,ITS NOT OVER UNLESS YOU LET LIFE KICK YOU IN THE BALLS AND YOU DONT KICK BACK.

bob2007

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: gracias

1. Go through all your previous exams and look for potential marks.

2. Explain how hard you worked for that C.

3. Show the prof all the other marks, how you were doing well in all except this one? Shows that you are a good studen deserving of graduation.

4. Why don't you try to boost your marks in other classes, pull up your gpa. Ask other profs.

Hope that helps,
Jimmy

Reaction score
Some schools allow you to petition grades.

Maybe you might be able to work something out. You would have to prove yourself to some panel and if the teacher said you have a D, there really wouldn't be a reason why the panel would change your grade short of extraordinary reasons.

Good luck, I know what you're going through.

Austizzle

Don Juan
Reaction score
Honestly...1.97, I don't want to be rude or anything, but come on. TRY HARDER. It's not so hard to get a fvcking C in a class. Spend less time trying to get a woman and more time on school. THINK ABOUT WHAT IS MORE IMPORTANT.