Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How would you improve national security?

The Red Crow

Banned
Reaction score
Is this one of those "asking for a friend" situations? :)

Honestly, I would focus less on border security and more on cyber security.

From an invader standpoint, it's much easier to mess with another country's resources using high tech methods, than by sending in guerillas or agents who will just get arrested or fukk things up. Plus think of all the machinery at the mercy of online technology...the military, energy, finance, utilities. If you can keep these resources' defenses robust and keep Joe Sixpack happy/comfortable, it's better than worrying about a few randos sneaking across a border.

Haven't totally thought this through, that was just my initial reaction. I'm sure it's more complex than that.
Why not focus on both border security AND cyber security?

And why would they send in a handful of secret operatives, when they can just flood the U.S. border with their most useless poor?

See, they release their tax burden, while we take it on our backs.

Countries with real leaders play the long game; just look at how many of our politicians are in China's pocket. That's 30 years of long game there!

The Red Crow

Banned
Reaction score
To truly improve national security, I would first have to build a time machine.

My first jump would be to the first slave ship headed from Africa. I would turn it around.

Why should they have to suffer, you know? White supremecy has kept them from being kings. I feel like they would have had a better shot in their homeland.

My next Bill and Ted would be to stop the U.S. from interjecting themselves into 2 world wars. Europe has been at war for centuries. Let that sh1t play out.

But time machines don't exist, and now I'm apparently a racist, for thinking like my grandfather, who fought nazis for being racists.

Good luck understanding that. If you can't, you're probably a transexual secretary of health.

Last edited:

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why not focus on both border security AND cyber security?

And why would they send in a handful of secret operatives, when they can just flood the U.S. border with their most useless poor?

See, they release their tax burden, while we take it on our backs.

Countries with real leaders play the long game; just look at how many of our politicians are in China's pocket. That's 30 years of long game there!
Lol good point on China though. I didn't say I wouldn't do both. OP asked what would be one of the first things you'd do.

As a taxpayer I don't worry about tax burden. But as a leader (democrat, autocrat, whatever) that's a consideration. But it also depends on which choice is better in the long run. Anyway I thought in this hypothetical we were playing with funny money.

The Red Crow

Banned
Reaction score
Lol good point on China though. I didn't say I wouldn't do both. OP asked what would be one of the first things you'd do.

As a taxpayer I don't worry about tax burden. But as a leader (democrat, autocrat, whatever) that's a consideration. But it also depends on which choice is better in the long run. Anyway I thought in this hypothetical we were playing with funny money.
I look at what the government steals from me every year, and naturally I then take notice of how they spend it. You don't care?

The U.S. just passed a massive spending bill, that mostly helps the rest of the world. You and the other guy eyeb said that that's good for security.

Ok, but how does that help the Americans that spend their finite lives working, to feed their families, but also to fund the massive government machine?

The roads in my state are in disrepair; I see more panhandlers on corners than ever before; gas prices just shot up 10 cent. Who are my representatives looking out for exactly?

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I look at what the government steals from me every year, and naturally I then take notice of how they spend it. You don't care?
No, I don't care. The government (any gov't) is going to do what it's going to do and there's not much I can do to change policy that would be worth my time. All I can do is reduce what I pay to as close to zero as possible, without risking imprisonment. I'd rather spend my energy reducing my personal burden than to wait for government to suddenly decide to spend money smartly, which it will never, ever do. That way I achieve better financial freedom and also am free of the burden of relying on Uncle Sam.

IMO agitating for government to change, or lamenting how it spends money, is time and energy that can be spent improving my own life and help others.

The Red Crow

Banned
Reaction score
No, I don't care. The government (any gov't) is going to do what it's going to do and there's not much I can do to change policy that would be worth my time. All I can do is reduce what I pay to as close to zero as possible, without risking imprisonment. I'd rather spend my energy reducing my personal burden than to wait for government to suddenly decide to spend money smartly, which it will never, ever do. That way I achieve better financial freedom and also am free of the burden of relying on Uncle Sam.

IMO agitating for government to change, or lamenting how it spends money, is time and energy that can be spent improving my own life and help others.
I agree. You won't ever see me at a political protest. Or any kind of protest, for that matter. What a bunch of dunces, that lot are.

I think people that protest just feel lost in the world and want to be a part of something. Anything! You know, tribalism and all that. My sports team is better than yours rah rah.

I've always been sort of a lone wolf, but most guys on this website seem to be. Seems I've come to the right place!

If you want to learn more about the nature of group-think, I'd recommend Eric Hoffer's True Believer. It really delves into the topic.

I recommend all of his books, really. He was quite the philosopher.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree. You won't ever see me at a political protest. Or any kind of protest, for that matter. What a bunch of dunces, that lot are.

I think people that protest just feel lost in the world and want to be a part of something. Anything! You know, tribalism and all that. My sports team is better than yours rah rah.

I've always been sort of a lone wolf, but most guys on this website seem to be. Seems I've come to the right place!

If you want to learn more about the nature of group-think, I'd recommend Eric Hoffer's True Believer. It really delves into the topic.

I recommend all of his books, really. He was quite the philosopher.
Agreed, I think most people who protest are just looking to belong to something. There's probably an exception for someone who believes passionately about his cause and is willing to die for it (like '60s civil rights protesters - Dr. King et. al.). If they feel it in their heart and feel more free being a target than not, more power to them. But most garden variety protesters probably haven't reconciled this in their minds - that they could go to jail, be tortured, or die. It's probably a question of having nothing to lose, and a lot of protesters are just bored bourgeoisie.

I'll look into that book. One of my favorites is How I Found Freedom In An Unfree World by Harry Browne. Great for making personal decisions (his political views are libertarian and not very practical IMO).

rjc149

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Significant salary increases for FBI and CIA. Make them more competitive positions and thus raise hiring standards, and reduce their susceptibility to bribing.

• Haha
Reactions: BMX

IamtheAlphamale

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If I was starting my own country I would first invest heavily in agriculture. Make it cheap for my people to get food. And expand immigration because it's better to have lots of people.

Second I would go hardcore with espionage. Good information is key.

Next I would invest heavily in education because that pays for itself. And gives my next idea an edge.

I would fund an extremely good cyber army. This is good because if push came to shove you could damage your adversary easily by doing this.

And I would invest around an average of what the country's around me do in military.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Foreign aid and international trade are great for peace. Turns out going to war in foreign lands is really bad for peace.
You can accomplish this at home too. Welfare and dope. Food stamps and Dollar General. Credit cards and shopping malls.

Tried and true methods for keeping folks at bay. You send a bunch of police in and tell people what to do, they riot. Give folks their Aid and Trade and let them be.

"Aid and Trade" is a copyrighted phrase, :cool: